Re-read week 39: Campaign Trail 1 - 8

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 39: Campaign Trail 1 - 8

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Campaign Trail 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 39: Campaign Trail 1 - 8

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:28 pm

I like Miguel's colouring on these.

And whatever else she's done or will do, I love Aggie's commandeering of the P.A. system to kick off her campaign. ☮
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Alice Macher wrote:And whatever else she's done or will do, I love Aggie's commandeering of the P.A. system to kick off her campaign.

At my high school, absolutely everyone who did this made the same mistake: recorded their announcement on tape, then played the tape TOO LOUDLY, distorting it into incomprehensibility....
Bo Lindbergh

Postby CEOIII » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:34 pm

3 was some interesting foreshadowing.

And is that Xena in panel 2 of 2? The scientologist Brandi kabonged (deservedly, I might add) later in the comic?
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby Adrishiana » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:36 pm

#1: "Hey, psycho!" is a witty remark in Bob and Elmer's books. I guess... that really says all you need to know about Bob and Elmer.
#2: I feel like this panel pretty accurately sums up Tumblr.
#5: I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense for Duane to say that Aggie hasn't exactly built to a candidacy and then, in the next breath, ask her to teach him how to get noticed.
#6: I wish we'd had salad as a menu option in high school. Then again, I went to a public school.
#7: When I worked for a Walmart-like store in my teens we'd get people occasionally commandeering the store PA, but they never said anything as smart as this. (They'd usually scream or cackle wildly or something. One guy giggled his way through singing "Happy Birthday" in a falsetto. Etc.)
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Trefle » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:25 am

Adrishiana wrote:#1: "Hey, psycho!" is a witty remark in Bob and Elmer's books. I guess... that really says all you need to know about Bob and Elmer.
#2: I feel like this panel pretty accurately sums up Tumblr.
#5: I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense for Duane to say that Aggie hasn't exactly built to a candidacy and then, in the next breath, ask her to teach him how to get noticed.
#6: I wish we'd had salad as a menu option in high school. Then again, I went to a public school.
#7: When I worked for a Walmart-like store in my teens we'd get people occasionally commandeering the store PA, but they never said anything as smart as this. (They'd usually scream or cackle wildly or something. One guy giggled his way through singing "Happy Birthday" in a falsetto. Etc.)

ding ding for all marks! I agreed with you completely.
Never had anyone tackling the PA system though.

And Tumblr culture is a very fascinating culture. Pretty much a volatile mixture of politics, fandoms, cats and sexuality; aware and yet so unaware.
Trefle

Postby brasca » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:32 pm

CEOIII wrote:3 was some interesting foreshadowing.

And is that Xena in panel 2 of 2? The scientologist Brandi kabonged (deservedly, I might add) later in the comic?

Yes and just before that is a yet unnamed Cyndi talking about her fur stole.

The colored strips were a little confusing at times. It's non unusual for a teenage girl to dye her hair blue, but when I see young Aggie with the same colored hair I start to think this is a universe like the Simpsons or Doug where people have notably different hair and skin color.
brasca

Postby Twitcher » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 am

1. Aggie's 15 by this point? I still don't understand how she could interpret "do what's in your heart" to mean "getting along with people is secondary!"
2. I read somewhere that sociopaths see the world as something of a single player video game. Does Cyndi see minks as poorly programmed A.I.?/My mom had a friend who was a former member of narconon. Fun times./Just leave the party, Aggie!/Is that Fred?/Dear lord, was that supposed to be Duane?
3. PENNY: Katy Ann? Ya ever get the feelin' yer only goin' with boys cause yer supposed to?
4. Penny, Sara was interested in what Aggie had to say. Don't interrupt.
5. Yay for unchecked impulse.
6. Aggie should be the one apologizing here. I don't think Duane needs to.
7. If this were taking place, say, now, Coppertop would be speed-dialing Aggie's dad on his cell while running to the office.
8. Why so serious, Aggie? School is not a dictatorship!
Twitcher

Return to General Discussion