PUPPY.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

PUPPY.

Postby Valerie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:56 am

We now have a puppy. She is three months old and her name is Batman.

She's a lover, but this is actually kind of a problem. I don't mind having a dog that jumps on me and licks me and etc., but Morgan can't really handle it that well. She keeps licking (and jumping on) his feet, which are incredibly sensitive and hurt all the time as it is.

She also chews on things, which is normal behavior for a puppy. We got her a toy and a ball to chew on, but she prefers pulling up the carpet and chewing on my chair. I mixed vinegar and lemon juice together in a spray bottle and sprayed it on everything she can reach that shouldn't be chewed, so we'll see if it works.

BUT! She is going potty on the puppy pads, so at least there's that.

So I'm kinda stuck in a hard spot now. The puppy is full of energy and wants to play, and we are... not. A puppy was not a very good decision. She seemed abnormally calm at first, so we thought it would be okay, and she's not like OMGINSANEDESTRUCTION, but we're having trouble keeping up with her.

So, for those reasons, we should get rid of the puppy.

HOWEVER, Morgan is crazy-lonely. He's stuck in the house all day while I'm at work. This is why we got the puppy in the first place. And he feels really bad, because he was excited about getting the puppy, but now he can't take care of her and wants to get rid of her.

HOWEVER, she came from my mom's house, and I don't want to give her back to them. Batman's dad is an asshole and attacks everyone, including the puppies, and Mom won't get him fixed for some reason.

Buuuut Morgan is really hating the puppy. Ugh.

Any of you wanna come to Louisville and adopt a puppy? =/

But no, srsly, I can has advice plz.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Re: PUPPY.

Postby Artemisia » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm not good with dogs. I'm a cat person. I mean, I can't even control Rufus, our family dog.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby mikbuster » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm not a dog person. I know how to handle them, but much prefer cats :wink:

As far as advice... Wait until she grows up and starts calming down is about the best advice I can think of. Maybe if you have a friend or a place you can take her for parts of the day where she can play with people that do have the energy. Maybe find toys and games to play that require little energy on your part, like laser pointers, or maybe fetch, depending on your energy levels.

I'm thinking the next addition to my household is either going to be a partner, a little girl, or a kitten :wink: I would really prefer to do it in that order, but I still have very little idea what I'm looking for as far as the first one goes, and I'm definitely waiting until I feel like I'm good for the other two. :) So definitely no little puppy on that list :P
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby mikbuster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:17 pm

So... inquiring minds want to know what happened to the puppy. Also, why no pictures yet? :(
mikbuster

Postby retrophrenologist » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:53 pm

mikbuster wrote:So... inquiring minds want to know what happened to the puppy.

Inconvenient puppy + Val works in a restaurant. I think you can do the math.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby mikbuster » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 am

The puppy is the new restaurant mascot and gets to eat all the extra scraps of food they have?
mikbuster

Postby retrophrenologist » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm

mikbuster wrote:The puppy is the new restaurant mascot and gets to eat all the extra scraps of food they have?

Sure, why not. Just don't ask about the soup of the day. :twisted:
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Valerie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:15 pm

retrophrenologist wrote:
mikbuster wrote:So... inquiring minds want to know what happened to the puppy.

Inconvenient puppy + Val works in a restaurant. I think you can do the math.

:twisted:

Okay, but really, we still have her. Alive. :P

We think the training is starting to work, and we got a laser-pointer so that we can be lazy and get some of her energy out at the same time. She seems to understand "down" now, at least most of the time. We got some doggy treats today, so we'll try to incorporate those into training and see if there's more improvement.

I got her a couple more toys to chew on, so hopefully she won't chew on everything else so much. She really loves the rawhide bone I got her. o_o I gave it to her like an hour ago and she's still all over it.

This isn't a very good picture, but here you go.

Also, I put in my two-week notice at the restaurant today. :D :D :D :D :D I might starve to death, but at least I'll be sane when I do!
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Trefle » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:57 pm

*gasp*congratulations val, here's for a better future
...puppies. So cute. >_<
Trefle

Postby mikbuster » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 pm

yay! I gave good advice apparently :)