In Search Of: [Fill in the Blank]

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: In Search Of: [Fill in the Blank]

Postby Trefle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:17 am

Valerie wrote: and who has time to eat when you're running from bears?

I guess you can eat the bear? *cough*
Trefle

Postby Valerie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am

Trefle wrote:
Valerie wrote: and who has time to eat when you're running from bears?

I guess you can eat the bear? *cough*

:P
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby mikbuster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:32 am

Well, urine color is a bit too slow for me because by the time I'd notice, I've been low for a while or find I'm over-hydrated. I have had lots of times where it's completely clear, mainly visiting family where they insist on eating three meals. What I think would be helpful is if there was a way to test it right at the time I start feeling light headed :)

Actually, I'm not sure I've ever really gotten hungry or thirsty. And I'm eating less to deal with stress than I have in the past :wink: (emotional eater) It's one of those things, like when you play a game all day and then suddenly realize it's after lunch time because you get hungry? I just keep playing and realize it's late because the pesky sun has gone down. I usually eat after work and frequently before work, unless I'm feeling depressed that day, so I can use those as my cues. :) Also I can eat about the same amount per meal whether I have one meal or three or four :wink:

As far as seeing a doctor, well, I know I'm going to have to at some point but I don't particularly want to, yet.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby Valerie » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 am

So I've known about these for a while, but I have not tried them: reusable menstrual pads. Any fo you ladies (or possibly gents) know if they're any good? They're supposed to be better for the environment and cost less over time, so I was considering switching for a while and thennnn forgot about them.

Edit: Oh hey, there's a free sample of the pantyliner where you just pay shipping. Maybe I'll try it...

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby mikbuster » Sat May 04, 2013 7:33 pm

So, I've pretty much given up. Apparently I can't find good flats anywhere in my size (for now I'll assume that's 16 even though I know it varies by shoe a lot and I have 14s that fit and 16s that are tight). With other stresses right now I really don't feel like doing anything, so, yeah, that's what I'm in search of.
mikbuster

Postby Lia S » Sun May 05, 2013 4:01 am

I bought a pair of flats online, one (European) size smaller than my usual shoe size. I had to send them back because they were too big. The shop was passo.nl, but I doubt you'd want to pay for shipping shoes to you, finding out they don't fit, sending them back, pay for shipping them in a different size... Surely there has to be an online shop that sells big shoes closer to you?

It seems women's shoe sizes are flattering, a lower number for the same size, but that might depend on the shape of ones feet.

I don't wear my flats very often. I prefer my All Stars - they're practical, unisex, and made in sizes up to lifeboat (though the ones in girl colors aren't... I might look into the possibility of dyeing a white pair someday).
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Valerie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 am

*resurrects thread*

Morgan had a scooter now, so he has a helmet. He wants to listen to music on his rides to/from work, but his earbuds don't fit under the helmet. Does anyone have any ideas? A quick Google search led to some recommendations of Shure earbuds, but they're a little out of our price range.

Also, Morgan has a job now. Have I told you guys that? This is probably why I no longer think we'll starve to death. :P

As usual.

Valerie

Postby mikbuster » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:34 am

I'm pretty sure there are helmets with speakers built in. Not sure on price though. :)
mikbuster

Postby thebitterfig » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:56 pm

There are "helmet speakers" on Amazon in the sub-$25 range. Seem like paddish things you'll put into your own helmet. Since logically there's someone out there riding a hog who's got to have his Skynyrd.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Previous

Return to General Discussion