Any of you guys need a glucose meter? (Free.)

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Any of you guys need a glucose meter? (Free.)

Postby Valerie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 pm

As you may know, my husband is diabetic. We got him a glucose meter, then we went to get him some strips. Well, something got lost in translation somewhere, because the meter we had bought (Kroger's "premium" meter) didn't match the strips we wanted (the... non-premium ones, because they are like way cheaper). So, to match the cheaper strips, we had to buy the other meter.

Before we had figured out exactly what was up with that, he called and asked why his strips weren't working (because they didn't match, as we now know). They apologized and sent him 50 of the correct strips.

So! We now have our cheap meter and our cheap test strips that we would very much like to stick with because broke we is. But now we also have a brand-new Kroger Premium meter (which we used one time only to see that it didn't work with our strips) and a pack of 50 unused test strips that match it. Being broke as fuck, we decided to do the nice thing and see if anyone needed it, because we know that money is a fickle mistress (though I'm inclined to use other words to describe her) and that healthcare costs are stupid and expensive and can go do something very rude to themselves.

I realize this isn't exactly the place for this sort of thing. I tried Craigslist, but I didn't get any replies, and then I noticed that my listing was gone for some reason(?). And then I said, "Yeah? WELL FUCK YOU, TOO, CRAIGSLIST." So then I decided that I should check to see if any of you need it, because I like you guys and want you to be healthy and would be happy to help with your health being happy. (Say that five times fast.)

Now, obviously, you'll need to be comfortable with giving me an address for this. I probably won't stalk you and eat your kidneys, but I am a scary, unknown internet person, so I won't be offended if you don't reply. But if you do want to reply, send me a PM and we'll work it out. (First person to send a PM asking for it gets it, since I only have one.)
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Valerie wrote:I probably won't stalk you and eat your kidneys,

... but since the context is diabetes, watch out for your pancreas! :mrgreen:
Bo Lindbergh

Re:

Postby Valerie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Bo Lindbergh wrote:
Valerie wrote:I probably won't stalk you and eat your kidneys,

... but since the context is diabetes, watch out for your pancreas! :mrgreen:

Oh, pfft, what would I want with a diabetic pancreas? I only eat properly functioning organs, thank you.

...Um, I mean... LOOK, OVER THERE, SOMETHING DISTRACTING.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Re: Any of you guys need a glucose meter? (Free.)

Postby Mr. Brightside » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:57 am

Did you consider The Freecycle Network?
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Postby Valerie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:22 am

Mr. Brightside wrote:Did you consider The Freecycle Network?

I forgot that existed, actually. :o
I'll give it a little more time here, and if no one here wants it, I'll try there. So maybe like a day or two.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Trefle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:01 pm

money is a fickle mistress (though I'm inclined to use other words to describe her)

I remembered what a friend had said once;

"Listen to the words money uttered, because once you can listen to it, it says "farewell"." or something to that effect.
Trefle

Postby Valerie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Trefle wrote:
money is a fickle mistress (though I'm inclined to use other words to describe her)

I remembered what a friend had said once;

"Listen to the words money uttered, because once you can listen to it, it says "farewell"." or something to that effect.

XD Pretty much.

It looks like no one here is interested in the meter, so I guess I'll put it up on Freecycle like Mr. Brightside suggested.

As usual.

Valerie

Return to General Discussion