Small Business Saturday, anyone?

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Small Business Saturday, anyone?

Postby Valerie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 pm

I might go out to shop a little if it's warm enough tomorrow. I know a few of you are in Louisville, so you already know, but for anyone else, this city is full of small businesses. Leo, a free weekly magazine here, had a bunch of coupons in the back for small businesses specifically to promote Small Business Saturday this year.

They don't all make it (one of the restaurants I worked at closed on Wednesday), but the small businesses here tend to band together. I work in a small business which is a restaurant, and in that restaurant we serve Kizito cookies and brownies (local to Louisville) and Ale 8 soda (local to Kentucky), and we get the bread for our sandwiches from Breadworks (local to Louisville). There are stickers you'll see around town that say "Keep Louisville Weird," which urges people to shop locally at small businesses instead of at larger stores.

I really love this city for that reason. Too bad it's in Kentucky...

Anyway, any of you thinking about checking out a small business tomorrow?
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Re: Small Business Saturday, anyone?

Postby Adrishiana » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:07 am

Oh, late. I ended up going to the bead store on Saturday and getting together the stuff to make some gifts. Admittedly, though, that was less a function of it being Small Business Saturday and more because I wanted to get the stuff on a day that happened to be Small Business Saturday. :D;(

A friend who makes some excellent soap is having a good week, sales wise, though!
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Re: Small Business Saturday, anyone?

Postby Valerie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:23 am

Awesome!

Yeah, it's still a little-known thing, this Small Business Saturday. It's been around about three years, I believe, but I just happened to find out about it this year through one of the pages I follow on Facebook.

It was too cold for me to go anywhere. D: But yesterday I got some Chinese from this place down the street, and that's a small business, so I'm counting it.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Return to General Discussion