Re-read week 5: The Best of Enemies 21 - 24

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Re-read week 5: The Best of Enemies 21 - 24

Postby timemonkey » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:59 am

Do rats really just stay on you if you take them out? I know they're supposed to make really good pets but I've never seen that anywhere else.
timemonkey

Postby thebitterfig » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:25 am

timemonkey wrote:Do rats really just stay on you if you take them out? I know they're supposed to make really good pets but I've never seen that anywhere else.

Depends on the rat. I had a friend at college who'd take at least one of her rats out and about sometimes. Lead to a humorous misunderstanding one day before class when she had the rat inside her jacket, and and a guy asks "Can I touch it?" but from the proper angle, you couldn't see the rat...
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:26 am

timemonkey wrote:Do rats really just stay on you if you take them out? I know they're supposed to make really good pets but I've never seen that anywhere else.

I totally misread that as "do rats really stay ON if you take them out" and was wondering where the on/off switch was supposed to be.

Also, comic strip rats have been proven to be much better behaved than IRL rats.
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Lia S » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Captain LeBubbles wrote:

I totally misread that as "do rats really stay ON if you take them out"...

If by “on” you mean “alive”, the answer is no.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Twitcher » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

21. God, realizing that you're the a-hole? That's a pain you carry with you.
22. Poppa? Poppa, is that you?
23. Ohmigod, I didn't know Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer shopped at Cloth Mart! Bow before your King and Queen, Aggie!
24. Good for not being an ass, Pen. Let's work on that smugness, though. Being sad that one's mom died is not exactly the character flaw Penny seems to think it is. (That's kind of what bothered me about the end of the series: We see Aggie's maturation well enough, but empathy still seems to escape Penny, at least 'till the reunion.)
Twitcher

Previous

Return to General Discussion