Re-read week 5: The Best of Enemies 21 - 24

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 5: The Best of Enemies 21 - 24

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 pm

The Best of Enemies 21 22 23 24
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 5: The Best of Enemies 21 - 24

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Aww, Penny playing with Finister, how cute!

Also, ahahaha, "special" customer.

edit: And, *gasp!* Aggie is wearing something different today.
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Artemisia » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Awww...Penny, why don't you admit that Aggie intrigues you :p
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. --Matthew 5:38-39

I'm curious as to what might have happened after Penny's last line in the arc. Did they continue the conversation, eventually getting into another argument, as in "The Last Days of Summer?" Did Aggie just shake her head and say, "You're weird. Gimme back my rat," and walk off? Did Penny walk off (after giving Finister back, of course), thinking, "Ha! I won the moral high ground, and confused her to boot"?
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:11 pm

It looks as if Penny caught the Arrow of Guilt before it could hurt her. Useful talent, that. :)
Bo Lindbergh

Postby CEOIII » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 pm

"When setting out on revenge, first dig two graves."
-James Bond, For Your Eyes Only

And apparently Penny has decided not to pick up a shovel. Good for her.
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby brasca » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 pm

It's empowering to know someone's secrets and be in a position to use it against them. Of course the parental advice helps too.
brasca

Postby thebitterfig » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:49 pm

CEOIII wrote:"When setting out on revenge, first dig two graves."
-James Bond, For Your Eyes Only

And apparently Penny has decided not to pick up a shovel. Good for her.

Makes me think of Robert Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber, second set of five. Merlin confronts Dalt, a potential enemy of Amber outside the forest of Arden: "I raised my right arm and pronounced my most useless and at the same time flashiest spell. The ground erupted before him, showering him with dirt and gravel. He stepped back and wiped his face, then looked down into the rough trench that had appeared. 'That is your grave,' I said, 'if Luke's death comes of this.' " Pretty cool set of books. Merle also beats a Sphinx at the Riddle Game with "What's red and green and goes round and round and round?"
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:52 pm

thebitterfig wrote:"What's red and green and goes round and round and round?"

An elf on a sit-n-spin.
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Artemisia » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am

A North Pole elf who has a spindle up his butt?
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby sun tzu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:58 am

And that's how Penny started earning my sympathies: Refusing to go down the path of revenge was a good early indication that she actually had decent morals.
Or, as I put it a few years ago:
sun tzu

Postby oddtail » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:16 am

Alice Macher wrote:I'm curious as to what might have happened after Penny's last line in the arc. Did they continue the conversation, eventually getting into another argument, as in "The Last Days of Summer?" Did Aggie just shake her head and say, "You're weird. Gimme back my rat," and walk off? Did Penny walk off (after giving Finister back, of course), thinking, "Ha! I won the moral high ground, and confused her to boot"?

I think right as Aggie lowered her defenses, Penny ran away with her rat, cackling maniacally and twirling her moustache like a melodramatic villain. And then it was SO on again.

Well, I don't think that, but it's fun to imagine that. Think about it. Penny in a top hat and with a moustache.
oddtail

Postby sun tzu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:19 am

Alice Macher wrote:I'm curious as to what might have happened after Penny's last line in the arc. Did they continue the conversation, eventually getting into another argument, as in "The Last Days of Summer?" Did Aggie just shake her head and say, "You're weird. Gimme back my rat," and walk off? Did Penny walk off (after giving Finister back, of course), thinking, "Ha! I won the moral high ground, and confused her to boot"?

I kinda figured page 25 happened in the following minutes.
sun tzu

Postby thebitterfig » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:44 am

Captain LeBubbles wrote:
thebitterfig wrote:"What's red and green and goes round and round and round?"

An elf on a sit-n-spin.

Artemisia wrote:A North Pole elf who has a spindle up his butt?

Merlin went with Frog in a Cuisinart, but those both work (and Merle had just gotten the sphinx to begrudgingly agree to the principle that answers which fit but are not the intended answer are acceptable. Good thing too, since sphinxes get to eat you if you don't answer their riddles - that's why they like asking them).
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby Trefle » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:59 am

OH SNAP, Penny.

Also, nice Parentface, Rob. I guess that's one way to watch wrestling shows.

And yes, this is the point where there seems to be more than this popular alpha queen bitch mask that we've seen so far. Interesting riposte as well; bantering without giving in without actually harming Aggie (which ultimately, ticks Aggie more than otherwise)
oddtail wrote:

I think right as Aggie lowered her defenses, Penny ran away with her rat, cackling maniacally and twirling her moustache like a melodramatic villain. And then it was SO on again.

Well, I don't think that, but it's fun to imagine that. Think about it. Penny in a top hat and with a moustache.

That would be...pretty awesome.
Trefle

Next

Return to General Discussion