A Fond Farewell

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: A Fond Farewell

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm satisfied with the ending.

It leaves the chance to make up your own ideas for what could happen and maybe even write a bit of fanfiction of what you believe could go next after the last strip.

I just see so many possibilities for writing and fun after this. X3
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Outshined » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 pm

So T, now that the series is over, have you given any more thought to trying that intensely frightening psychological horror series ;)? I think you would be -really- good at it...
Outshined

Re:

Postby svenman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Bo Lindbergh wrote:Maybe the You Heard It Here First... topic should be transmogrified into an announcement?

Or at least stickified. And this thread here too.

nimoy wrote:This certainly, while aburpt (I hand't been back to the forum in a bit), is much more satisfying than TP!

TP? Toilet paper?

Yes, an abrupt and unexpected end to toilet paper can indeed be highly frustrating and unsatisfying...
svenman

Re: Re:

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:21 pm

svenman wrote:
nimoy wrote:This certainly, while aburpt (I hand't been back to the forum in a bit), is much more satisfying than TP!

TP? Toilet paper?

Yes, an abrupt and unexpected end to toilet paper can indeed be highly frustrating and unsatisfying...

Joke of the week! :lol:

I'm all right with this ending. I mean, no, I'm not utterly thrilled that it's going away, since I've been reading T's works since about '03 or so*. But I would rather have this ending, than one where T has obviously grown more and more frustrated with the project as a whole, and has grown to hate doing the comic. When a creator hates their work, it tends to show, and I see no point in doing a creative enterprise that you don't enjoy even a little.

* The CRFH-Mad Science crossover got me curious, somewhere around late '02/early '03, and so I just ended up migrating from comic to comic, and it's no wonder my "pull list" has ended up as large as it has, with just about all of T's comics being there in some folder or another.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Freemage » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Of the various plotlines, I do agree that Sara-Temperance is the one I'm going to miss most in terms of wanting a resolution of some sort.

Lisa's current status is pretty solid. She and Jade might not be a OTP, but she's making a sincere effort on that front, and will most likely do well no matter how things go.

Michael/Marie: OTP, and awesome, and that tulle bedspread does, as someone else noted, look fairly itchy.

Ronnie was pretty clearly getting on a bus, even if it wasn't while wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Isuel & Theo are at least on the right start to seeing if they can reconnect. Theo's reaction was about as note-perfect as one could hope for in that scenario. If they do the counseling thing, and said counselor is competent, I give them at least a 75% chance of success (keeping in mind that something like 2/3 of marriage currently ends in divorce, if I'm remembering the statistics right).

So, yeah, Sara/Temp is the one that could anywhere at this point, and it's the one I'm most gonna be watching for hints on in upcoming projects.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby Artemisia » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Why do I feel like The Doctor and hate things coming to an end.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby LookingIn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Artemisia wrote:Why do I feel like The Doctor and hate things coming to an end.

Endings just lead to new beginings...
LookingIn

Postby CEOIII » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Ending always hurt. Always.
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby CEOIII » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Freemage wrote:Of the various plotlines, I do agree that Sara-Temperance is the one I'm going to miss most in terms of wanting a resolution of some sort.

Lisa's current status is pretty solid. She and Jade might not be a OTP, but she's making a sincere effort on that front, and will most likely do well no matter how things go.

Michael/Marie: OTP, and awesome, and that tulle bedspread does, as someone else noted, look fairly itchy.

Ronnie was pretty clearly getting on a bus, even if it wasn't while wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Isuel & Theo are at least on the right start to seeing if they can reconnect. Theo's reaction was about as note-perfect as one could hope for in that scenario. If they do the counseling thing, and said counselor is competent, I give them at least a 75% chance of success (keeping in mind that something like 2/3 of marriage currently ends in divorce, if I'm remembering the statistics right).

So, yeah, Sara/Temp is the one that could anywhere at this point, and it's the one I'm most gonna be watching for hints on in upcoming projects.

THAT'S who I forgot in my endings!

Iseul and Theo get counseling, and wind up in a polyamorous relationship with Aggie's dad.
CEOIII

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:55 pm

CEOIII wrote:

Unless it's to any of the daytime soap operas from American TV. Then it's a cause for celebration.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby CEOIII » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:
CEOIII wrote:

Unless it's to any of the daytime soap operas from American TV. Then it's a cause for celebration.

That's mean. My mother took a few days off when one of her soaps ended for good. (I don't remember which one it was, though.)
CEOIII

Postby Artemisia » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 am

CEOIII wrote:
Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:
CEOIII wrote:

That's mean. My mother took a few days off when one of her soaps ended for good. (I don't remember which one it was, though.)

I haven't wanted to talk on the forums in case I end up crying.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 am

CEOIII wrote:
Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:
CEOIII wrote:

Nah, just an opinion. Especially after I once got super-involved in Days of Our Lives, then stopped watching for a few years, came back... and realized the "story" hadn't much progressed or changed past what I'd seen before. The only real difference was who was there, who was gone, and who was in what confusing/heart-rending/imprisoned situation now. But to be fair...

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:Unless it's DC's "The New 52". Then it's just "oh hey, they finally noticed the 90s trying to sue them for theft of ideas."

There. A shot at myself, too.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Seventh Companion » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:10 am

When I read that QUILTBAG was over, I had to check the calendar, to be sure it wasn't April. But I've had some time to process it now, and it's moved me to make this post.

I won't lie, I'm disappointed that it's over, but I do respect the decision to end it. No portrayal is better than a poor portrayal, and I fear there was too much pressure placed on this comic. I know I was anxiously awaiting my letter coming up. (*ahem*Ace*ahem*)

I've enjoyed it, even if I didn't really 'get' some of it, and I hope it's an idea that can be revisited some day. I wish you all the best in future creative efforts.
Seventh Companion

Postby Pumblenuts » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 pm

;_;
Pumblenuts

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion