[Off-Topic] Funny Stuff.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: [Off-Topic] Funny Stuff.

Postby Pink Freud » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:15 am

GOD DAMNIT.
ALL DAY IT'S BEEN IN MY HEAD.
IT WON'T GO AWAY.

WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Lia S » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:52 pm

(contains some naughty words)

I think many of us could use this guided meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Alice Macher » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:55 pm

On a similar note, here's a satirical piece for all those times you've ever found yourself unexpectedly roped into a guided meditation at your house of worship, workplace seminar, or elsewhere. It's by Richard Hirsh and it's from the March (Purim) 1996 issue of Sh'ma: A Journal of Jewish Responsibility. Edited where necessary for comprehension by non-synagogue goers.

Close your eyes...no, really, keep them closed!...OK, now: imagine you are being forced to participate in a guided meditation...think about the person who is making you do this...don’t struggle with the person, simply acknowledge him/her...think about how manipulated you feel right now...think about how much you hate this stuff...allow yourself to feel angry...allow yourself to feel bored...slowly chant to yourself: I hate this stuff...I hate this stuff...I hate this stuff...remember reading The Little Engine That Could...feel yourself developing a headache...remember other moments in your life when you were bored, hungry and had a headache...allow yourself to acknowledge that many people in the room forgot to take a shower this morning; remember gym class in seventh grade...now think of the last time you were forced to participate in a guided meditation; don't struggle with the feelings, simply acknowledge them...try to lower your blood pressure...allow yourself to feel very, very hungry...now open your eyes slowly...allow yourself to find another synagogue.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Pink Freud » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:52 am

Lia S wrote:(contains some naughty words)

I think many of us could use this guided meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY

Oh god that is the greatest thing that ever thinged.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby svenman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Now that guided meditation bit makes me think of this.

(Which is Happy Stuff rather than Funny Stuff, but I'm sharing it here anyway.)
svenman

Postby Valerie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Is the latest bot really trying to teach us how to bot?
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Lia S » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:56 am

A Star Wars comic. I was happy I wasn’t drinking anything while reading the last page. (facebook puts previous/next links at the top right)
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Lia S

Postby Pink Freud » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Lia S wrote:A Star Wars comic. I was happy I wasn’t drinking anything while reading the last page. (facebook puts previous/next links at the top right)

I...actually read a fan-theory article awhile back implying the same things about that same character that made WAY too much damn sense...
Pink Freud

Postby Lia S » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 am

(slightly kinky)

I saw a list of common mistakes in English, and corrections. One of those was

nip it in the butt -> nip it in the bud

I have a better correction:

nip it in the butt -> nip them in the butt
Lia S

Postby Pink Freud » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:02 am

Reminds me of an old issue of National Lampoon I had back in the day that had an article about funny mistakes on signs, and the one that made me crack up the hardest was from an itinerary sign at a computer tech conference where one of the panels was listed as:

"2:30 - Managing Your Hard Dick"
Pink Freud

Postby Lia S » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:40 am

(pun relevant to my life)

A sad and fragile skeleton is osteomorose.
Lia S

Postby Pink Freud » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:13 am

Lia S wrote:(pun relevant to my life)

A sad and fragile skeleton is osteomorose.

k that's a good one

Best joke I've managed lately is asking someone that was being an ass if they liked Beiber, then singing the chorus to "Love Yourself" while fipping them off.

I really want to dislike that song but people like PostmodernJukebox with their 20s New Orleans cover of it are REALLY making it diffucult. But I could never be a Belieber. I will forever be a Belathiest.
Pink Freud

Postby Alice Macher » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:54 am

Well, that's what's awesome about Postmodern Jukebox. They're capable of transforming the most saccharine modern pop songs into awesome retro celebrations. My favourite example of that (which I linked in the Music thread) is "My Heart Will Go On" done Jackie Wilson style. Mykal Kilgore sings the hell out of that and it is glorious.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Pink Freud » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Ok Tim Minchin has, and always will be, my hero. Forever.

https://youtu.be/EtHOmforqxk
Pink Freud

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:57 am

It's Gratuitous English time again!
Mymuesli is German company, so why does one of their retail stores in Sweden look like this?
Bo Lindbergh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion