Lia S wrote:This is for Val... and for everyone else who appreciates a certain fictional person who answers questions.
Three Twins Ice Cream will be offering LGBT-inspired flavors next weekend in honor of Pride month. Seeing as how San Francisco Pride Weekend is just around the corner, it should be no surprise that Three Twins, a beloved San Francisco ice cream institution, is doling out special scoops in celebration.
Founding twin Neil Gottlieb, who is also a fierce LGBT activist, partakes in the festivities every year by offering limited-edition flavors, which are only available for a couple days every year around this time. In fact, he not only brings his ice creams along for the ride, but in 2014, Gottlieb even planted a gay pride flag atop a mountain in Uganda in retaliation against the country's criminalization of homosexuality.
The local brand is already well-loved for its tasty organic treats, including their famed lemon cookie ice cream (my personal favorite, and it should be yours, too). While some of the Pride-themed ice creams are already Three Twins' staple flavors being specially renamed for the occasion, (like Dad's Cardamom, which will lovingly be called Daddy Cardamom that weekend instead), there are also a few seasonal ones, like Two Tops Don't Make a Bottom — vanilla with muffin tops.
If you're not delighted yet, here's the full list of offerings:
- Hot Cookie (Vanilla with cookies)
- Brownie Batter Hunk (Brownie Batter Chunk)
- Bear Bait (Honey ice cream with peanut butter cups)
- Matcha Matcha Man (Green tea)
- Gay Vanilla (Pink vanilla with beet juice)
- Maple Stonewall-Nut (Maple walnut)
- Two Tops Don’t Make a Bottom (Vanilla ice cream with muffin tops)
- Dorothy’s Ruby Slipper (Raspberry sorbet)
- Freedom to Marry Cherry (Cherry Chocolate Chunk)
- Harvey Milk and Honey (Land of Milk and Honey)
- Laverne Cox’s Chocolate Orange is the New Black (Chocolate Orange Confetti)
- Daddy Cardamom (Dad’s Cardamom)
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests