OT: Gender Identity

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Re: OT: Gender Identity

Postby oddtail » Thu May 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Valerie wrote:Anyway, as for not minding if you just suddenly woke up female one day... well, sure, if your body and mind changed together. If you woke up physically female but still psychologically male, would it be as easy to accept?

It's pure speculation on my part, granted, but I think so, yes. I imagine I'd be perfectly happy to have a female body, even though I do not feel uncomfortable in a male one.

While I identify as a man strongly, I am not particularly attached to my body. As I said, my main problem seems to be that how I feel about these things seems to be self-contradictory.
oddtail

Postby Valerie » Thu May 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Well... Maybe you're just happy either way. You (as a bigendered person?) could be happy with a male or female body/mind. In other words, you won the lottery no matter how you were born. :P
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Lia S » Fri May 04, 2012 11:36 am

Artemisia wrote:You know, I don't know if we've covered the physical dimension of this in any real way.

When I am aroused, my brain tells me to prepare for the various sensations that a would would normally feel- right up to and including a need for mild penetration. The problem is that the only sensations that my body provides are all male in nature, and that makes me upset because it The mental set up of my brain is very female, but my body is male and it creates a horrible feeling inside me. In fact, it feels horrible to not have all the proper sensations that a woman would normally have such as pressure on my breasts and such that my brain expects to occur, but my body cannot provide.

It leads to a lot of depression and dysphoria.

I hope that helped explain some of the issues centering around gender identity disorder. It has nothing really to do with gender expression, though, since not only am I, well, lesbian (femme), but a gamer and something of a nerd.

I recognize this, although my similar experience doesn't really upset me. I'm not sure if putting it like this will make sense to others, but I can shapeshift mentally. I used to be terrified of hypodermic needles until I figured I could temporarily deny that a body part was part of me. Sex isn't scary but I seem to be doing the same thing when doing that. When I'm not distracted (in other words, on my own :P ) I can even convince myself my body is female.

I can also grow wings or spikes or tentacles or whatever, but that's not very useful, though it was amusing long ago.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Artemisia » Fri May 04, 2012 11:47 am

Well, Lia, my spirit self is a succubus :) If I don't concentrate on the world we live in, I tend to end up being able to feel her completely like she's the 'real' me and the person everyone sees isn't.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Louisa » Fri May 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Lia S wrote:I can also grow wings or spikes or tentacles or whatever, but that's not very useful, though it was amusing long ago.

Or extra arms?
Louisa

Postby Lia S » Fri May 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Louisa wrote:
Lia S wrote:I can also grow wings or spikes or tentacles or whatever, but that's not very useful, though it was amusing long ago.

Or extra arms?

Ha! But not sexy to me. Seriously.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Previous

Return to General Discussion