The unofficial bad day thread.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Re: The unofficial bad day thread.

Postby Valerie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Captain LeBubbles wrote:That said, I have learned in the past years how to use my heart-on-my-sleeve tendency to my advantage. I can be sneaky and subtle if necessary and people are so used to my 'Captain LeBubbles: Not Subtle, coming this Summer to a theatre near you' persona that they never even think that I might be manipulating their reactions. Which only makes me feel like I'm always being untrustworthy and manipulative when I'm open about things, which leads to me trying too hard to not reveal anything, only by trying to hard I achieve the opposite affect, which in the end creates a positive feedback loop that has eventually led to me being the sort of person who will tell you all the trivial little things that don't matter while keeping the important stuff bottled up to deal with on my own.

Um. That comment kinda got away from me a bit. I'm not sure what point I started out making anymore. :|

If it helps any, I think I understand. XD I have a reputation for being honest and hardworking and all of that, so if I ever find myself in a position where a little maneuvering is needed, it's usually not too difficult. But then I just feel like I'm less honest as a result. But I guess life is just a place where you have to mislead people now and then, as long as it doesn't hurt someone. Even Apple Jack lied about Pinkie's party. >_>;

Yes, my life is in such a state that my primary role model nowadays is an animated pony. Not like I have anyone else worth my admiration. On that note, considering how I stop and think about whether AJ would approve of something I'm doing, how deranged am I, on a scale from one to ten? Does it add any points that I wear my McDonald's keychain of her on my purse? Am I someone that children should avoid? D:

Anyway, uh, parental issues aside, it sounds like we're pretty similar there, Bubs.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Valerie wrote:
Captain LeBubbles wrote:That said, I have learned in the past years how to use my heart-on-my-sleeve tendency to my advantage. I can be sneaky and subtle if necessary and people are so used to my 'Captain LeBubbles: Not Subtle, coming this Summer to a theatre near you' persona that they never even think that I might be manipulating their reactions. Which only makes me feel like I'm always being untrustworthy and manipulative when I'm open about things, which leads to me trying too hard to not reveal anything, only by trying to hard I achieve the opposite affect, which in the end creates a positive feedback loop that has eventually led to me being the sort of person who will tell you all the trivial little things that don't matter while keeping the important stuff bottled up to deal with on my own.

Um. That comment kinda got away from me a bit. I'm not sure what point I started out making anymore. :|

If it helps any, I think I understand. XD I have a reputation for being honest and hardworking and all of that, so if I ever find myself in a position where a little maneuvering is needed, it's usually not too difficult. But then I just feel like I'm less honest as a result. But I guess life is just a place where you have to mislead people now and then, as long as it doesn't hurt someone. Even Apple Jack lied about Pinkie's party. >_>;

Yes, my life is in such a state that my primary role model nowadays is an animated pony. Not like I have anyone else worth my admiration. On that note, considering how I stop and think about whether AJ would approve of something I'm doing, how deranged am I, on a scale from one to ten? Does it add any points that I wear my McDonald's keychain of her on my purse? Am I someone that children should avoid? D:

Anyway, uh, parental issues aside, it sounds like we're pretty similar there, Bubs.

Hey, I'm in the middle of writing a heartfelt eulogy to a Pokemon that I named after a Harry Potter character, I'm not going to judge. (My poor little Klang. .__. *sniffles*)
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby sun tzu » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:26 am

Valerie wrote:Yes, my life is in such a state that my primary role model nowadays is an animated pony. Not like I have anyone else worth my admiration. On that note, considering how I stop and think about whether AJ would approve of something I'm doing, how deranged am I, on a scale from one to ten?

Depends on the pony. AJ is one of the saner choices. :wink:
sun tzu

Postby Lia S » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 am

Kamino Neko wrote:
Lia S wrote:Get in line, I'm a... wait, what letter goes before A?

AA, just like with batteries, FTR.

I'm smaller than AA. I could say I have hearing aid batteries for breasts.

And, yeah, the fishing for reassurance thing is frustrating. An ex and I both did it to each other. Oddly, it didn't contribute that much to our being exes...

Oh believe me, if that had been the only problem, I wouldn't be single now.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Artemisia » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:17 am

So, Lia. . .basically two peas on an ironing board?

My cycle is so effed up right not it isn't funny. Right now, all I want to do is curl up and sleep, and I can't :( I'm so very tired.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Trefle » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 am

Lia S wrote:
Trefle wrote:Ah; the secret plea for approval / reassurance / praise. That's...
...yeah, sad. :|

Especially when the one asking for approval/etc is unable to recognize approval/etc because she's depressed. Then there's basically nothing you can do (except encouraging her to find a therapist if she doesn't already have one). In the end I gave in to the part of me that said "LEAVE", which for my own sanity I should have done much sooner. It still felt like a rotten thing to do and to be honest it was more luck than wisdom because at that time I had no idea what I was doing anymore.

Anyway, there's a good side to all of this, dating doesn't seem so scary anymore now.

I'm sorry it had to happened. *hugs*
That all sounds like a very traumatic experience; the fruitless effort, the slow descent to madness, the pain by leaving and forcibly separating-- and the bitter aftertaste afterwards. D: Glad you made it through -- damage aside.
But yes, you will be stronger. I hope the next one will be better :)

You're not exactly alone either. Had the same thing, different symptoms.

My experience right now, being sneaky and subtle and strategically polite is my Modus Operandi right now. It makes the words I said actually has worth...which is strange, imho, but, I think it's the brain's solution against the people I'm surrounding with.
It's sad; sometimes I feel like I'm going farther from the ideal of someone I want to be (warm, compassionate, helpful, wise) because the people around me aren't exactly beneficial to the growth of these traits.
Trefle

Postby Lia S » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:14 am

Artemisia wrote:So, Lia. . .basically two peas on an ironing board?

Two ironed peas. Yay for external "silly cones"!

Trefle wrote:
Lia S wrote:
Trefle wrote:Ah; the secret plea for approval / reassurance / praise. That's...
...yeah, sad. :|

Especially when the one asking for approval/etc is unable to recognize approval/etc because she's depressed. Then there's basically nothing you can do (except encouraging her to find a therapist if she doesn't already have one). In the end I gave in to the part of me that said "LEAVE", which for my own sanity I should have done much sooner. It still felt like a rotten thing to do and to be honest it was more luck than wisdom because at that time I had no idea what I was doing anymore.

Anyway, there's a good side to all of this, dating doesn't seem so scary anymore now.

I'm sorry it had to happened. *hugs*
That all sounds like a very traumatic experience; the fruitless effort, the slow descent to madness, the pain by leaving and forcibly separating-- and the bitter aftertaste afterwards. D: Glad you made it through -- damage aside.
But yes, you will be stronger. I hope the next one will be better :)

Thanks. It wasn't as messed up as what happened in the relationship before that one, two data points aren't enough to claim there is a positive trend, but I'm optimistic.

Anyway, I shall stop complaining about exes, if only because I don't want to be like my ex.

That seems like a lot of work.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Artemisia » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Lia S wrote:
Artemisia wrote:So, Lia. . .basically two peas on an ironing board?

Two ironed peas. Yay for external "silly cones"!

My mother made me a few breast forms out of old bras, cotton batting and silicone beads. They work beautifully, and they're easier to deflate as I've gotten bigger :)
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
Artemisia

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:52 am

Guys, my dad is a fucknugget. >:| He also doesn't understand that I don't have mind reading powers and that it's annoying when you jump into a person's sentence to yell at them about something... especially when that sentence is explaining what it is they're yelling at you about. (You said hot dog buns AND THINGS! I just helped you move the grill! Unless you define AND THINGS I'm going to assume that AND THINGS means the hot dogs that you're about to cook! DON'T STOP ME THREE WORDS INTO THE EXPLANATION ABOUT HOW I WASN'T SURE IF YOU WANTED THEM OR NOT SO I BROUGHT THEM ANYWAY TO YELL AT ME FOR BRINGING THEM.)

And then when I was trying to explain THAT concept to him (seriously, someone interrupts HIS sentences and it's the end of the world) he yelled at me to just go on and forget about it and he wouldn't ask me to help because clearly THAT was what I was aiming at when I said "I'd like to finish my sentences without being yelled at".

Happy fucking Easter, guys.
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Artemisia » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Aww Bubbles :(

I've never gotten along with my father at the best of times, so I understand.

Yesterday was a very sad day for me. We recently adopted Lily from the shelter. She was a warm, loving cat. Unfortunately, she apparently caught Feline Infectious Peritinitis at the shelter. Our other cats should be ok, but Lily wasn't. We could treat her and hope for the best and maybe get a few more weeks with her as she deteriorated and suffered or we could let her go and put her to sleep. We did what we've always done and made sure she wouldn't suffer. She was so very young. I feel so sad though, but happy that she got a few last months with a loving family.
Artemisia

Postby Trefle » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Captain LeBubbles wrote:Guys, my dad is a fucknugget. >:| He also doesn't understand that I don't have mind reading powers and that it's annoying when you jump into a person's sentence to yell at them about something... especially when that sentence is explaining what it is they're yelling at you about. (You said hot dog buns AND THINGS! I just helped you move the grill! Unless you define AND THINGS I'm going to assume that AND THINGS means the hot dogs that you're about to cook! DON'T STOP ME THREE WORDS INTO THE EXPLANATION ABOUT HOW I WASN'T SURE IF YOU WANTED THEM OR NOT SO I BROUGHT THEM ANYWAY TO YELL AT ME FOR BRINGING THEM.)

And then when I was trying to explain THAT concept to him (seriously, someone interrupts HIS sentences and it's the end of the world) he yelled at me to just go on and forget about it and he wouldn't ask me to help because clearly THAT was what I was aiming at when I said "I'd like to finish my sentences without being yelled at".

Sorry it had to happen. Hope you're feeling better.

My dad has the same problem, so I totally get what you mean. *hugs* It's so hard to disagree without him nitpicking and yelling over part of a sentence I was saying.
And every disagreement seemed to him as a rejection of every good intentions he had, every experience, every sort of wisdom he gained all these years... and basically, I'm just angry and don't want to listen to him.

He has his own reasons, I'm sure. Maybe it's the way it works with him. Maybe he had some bad experience-- that made him feel that his voice must be heard. Or no one should disturb him. Nevertheless; it wasn't right in any way to not listen to your words -- to deflect you and your entire message as irrelevant.

It's a hard thing but, if your dad were anything like mine, it will take an extraordinary soothing voice, calm temperament, and non-offending words to be able to do that-- or to condense your words using least words possible. Or you can just walk away, with its own risk.

But--
what do you want from him?
Trefle

Postby Trefle » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Artemisia wrote:Aww Bubbles :(

I've never gotten along with my father at the best of times, so I understand.

Yesterday was a very sad day for me. We recently adopted Lily from the shelter. She was a warm, loving cat. Unfortunately, she apparently caught Feline Infectious Peritinitis at the shelter. Our other cats should be ok, but Lily wasn't. We could treat her and hope for the best and maybe get a few more weeks with her as she deteriorated and suffered or we could let her go and put her to sleep. We did what we've always done and made sure she wouldn't suffer. She was so very young. I feel so sad though, but happy that she got a few last months with a loving family.

Aww. D:
May she rest in peace, and sleep warmly.
Trefle

Postby Artemisia » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Thank you.
Artemisia

Postby Doc Harleen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Great big hugs to Artemisia and Bubbles. Bad days indeed.
Doc Harleen

Postby Black Cat Godess » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 pm

My cat puked twice so far today, bringing up all of his dinner, and I don't know why he did it. It doesn't look like he ate anything weird, so the only thing I can really blame is anxiety from us moving. Now I'm on hyper alert for any more...accidents.
Last edited by Black Cat Godess on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
Black Cat Godess

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion