The unofficial bad day thread.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: The unofficial bad day thread.

Postby Lia S » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:50 am

Because of the combined stupidity of people working at pharmacies (hey! let’s subtract 10 so we don’t have to open any boxes!), and my failing to read the numbers on a prescription before getting it partially filled plus a repeat prescription for the rest, I will be out of estradiol before I see my doctor again.

I’ve been very lucky with the effect the estradiol has had on my emotions. Yes, I get weird moods that can be very distracting, but my anxiety and depression are gone. I do NOT want to be without my pills even for a few days. Hell no. (Also, who knows what kind of mood swings that would cause...)

I will see my therapist tomorrow, who works at the same hospital, so she should be able to fetch a doctor for me who can write an extra prescription. It’s going to be OK. But damnit, not funny.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Valerie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:19 am

As much as I would like to defend the pharmacy, I can't think of a good reason for them to do that, unless it was some sort of insurance problem. I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm glad you've thought of a solution, though. <3
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Lia S » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Pharmacies in the Netherlands do open boxes, cut up strips (is that the word?) of pills and rebox things in generic boxes, but the pills are so close together on these that I could guess why they didn’t in this case. Also, they only had branded estradiol available at the time, while they usually sell generics (something to do with Dutch health insurance companies being difficult), I’m sure they can’t mix the leftover more expensive pills with the more often sold generics. Actually they didn’t even have enough of the branded for me, they ordered more that I had to fetch a few days later. To my surprise that was branded too. They could easily have ordered generic for the remaining number of pills and then given me the full number.

It probably wasn’t done on purpose. It was near the end of the day, and they did spend a LONG time fighting the computer to get it to print labels saying “ms” instead of “mr”. Which it just wouldn’t do, and if I had known that was what they kept me waiting for I would have told them I didn’t care.

Anyway, with 10 more I would still have been short. Because of the mistake made by the employee of the hospital pharmacy, who clearly couldn’t do maths in her head and did so anyway.

About the hospital pharmacy - last time they gave me a form to grant permission to share data with my local pharmacy and my general practitioner. This form does not come with an address to send it to, or anything like that. Nooooo, you have to stand around waiting with everyone else for 45 minutes. To hand in a very simple form that is impossible to fill out incorrectly, to which they respond with “ok I’ll put this in the computer, have a nice day!” without really looking at it. What is wrong with these people?

I should get an extra prescription to fill the gap in the mail soon.

Another funny thing... I had no idea I had today’s appointment with my therapist until I got a call to ask me to move it to later in the day. The hospital always sends a text message a few days before every appointment, so nothing would have gone wrong... another appointment I did not know I had is that the doctor will call me (for an unknown reason) sometime soon. My therapist noticed that in her computer. Because my mind was full of other stuff, I didn’t think of writing that down, so now I’ll have to call them about when they’re planning to call me so I can make sure I don’t leave my phone on my desk that day. I guess a printout of appointments accidentally wasn’t handed to me. It’s okay, the people working for that part of the hospital are hard working and helpful and although at some times they plan appointments without asking me, moving inconveniently planned things has never been a problem.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Lia S

Postby Valerie » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:48 am

*hugs*

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:01 am

Oh yeah deleted it n/m.

RIP Ziggy, you'll be missed.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Valerie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:39 pm

I'm 110lbs. I'm a vegetarian.
I was informed earlier today that I have high cholesterol.
They suggested that I eat more fish. I would really prefer not to (because vegetarian), but if it's for health reasons, then maybe it's the best option... They're gonna test me again in three months to see if a change in diet/exercise helps. If not, I'll be starting medication. Bleh.

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Lia S » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:17 pm

It’s not fair, is it, Val?

I hope the fish’ sacrifice is worth it.
Lia S

Postby mikbuster » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:24 pm

have you looked into other foods you can try that meet the same needs? sorry dear (you're like half my size and eat healthier! :shock: )
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby thebitterfig » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Medication just seems insane. I've heard mixed things about the actual risks of high cholesterol, and the net benefits of statins. Is there a serious family history of heart disease or something? Risk factors other than cholesterol? This seems like something that really needs more serious research and second opinions about, since statins aren't risk-free drugs (and committing to a lifelong course of them at a young age {what, not even 30?} is not a small decision). Now, there are obviously huge things I don't know, particularly about any specifics about your health which are leading the doctor or doctors to the medication solution. There might be reasons enough for it to be a very good idea. But I do know enough that it isn't always a simple formula of high cholesterol means medication is absolutely necessary.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby Valerie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Lia: That's just how life is sometimes, I guess. ;_;

Mik: Yeah, I actually made a list of foods that should be helpful and a list of a few foods to avoid. I'm going to try sticking to these before incorporating fish into my diet.

Bitterfig: There's a lot of general unhealthiness in my family (blood clots, heart attacks, cholesterol, cancer, etc.), so I'm probably just genetically disposed to this anyway (but I am trying diet and exercise before medication, just to see if it helps). I'm 25, so it seems kinda young to start on cholesterol meds. I would think that my age means it'll be easier to keep it under control without meds as opposed to someone older (habits are harder to change and the body starts to have more trouble coping with things). But yeah, I'm gonna diet and (bleghhh) exercise and they'll check me again in April and go from there. (Also, your name autocorrected to Butterfish. :P )

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:03 pm

In the last year and three months I have lost 260 pounds.

Why is this in the bad day thread? Because Thursday I went into the ER once again with shortness of breath, heart palpitations, feeling weak, and dizziness after being so sick I was bedridden for three straight weeks. And that part has become a regular thing for me. But once again they tell me that my heart is fine, my lungs are fine, cholesterol is fine, everything is hunky dory.

I thought that losing weight was supposed to make you feel better? I'm at a weight that I haven't seen since high school I think, so why do I feel so horrible all the damn time? Drug down, tired, ringing in my head, dizzy....

They scheduled me for a stress test with a cardiologist in a couple of weeks but didn't sound like they expected much from it.

For fuck's sake even if it's butt cancer let me know what the hell it is just so I can deal with it.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Valerie » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:17 pm

D:

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Saw the doc today. At least I know what the hell it is now. Hospital didn't say a gpddamn word about it for some reason.

Apparently I have a *something* cardio block on the right side of my heart. She says it's nothing to worry about right now but he sure hes me scheduled for a lot of shit. "Nothing to worry about" is usually what they tell you when there is something to worry about but they don't want you to worry about it.

Oh well.
Pink Freud

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Oy. I hope it's something they can treat. *hugs Pink*
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby thebitterfig » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:48 pm

They probably also say "nothing to worry about" when you actually don't have to worry either. Best hopes for it being one of those.

This may be the NIH page describing such a condition. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hb
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion