The unofficial bad day thread.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: The unofficial bad day thread.

Postby Valerie » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:42 pm

I've hit a serious roadblock in motivation to do homework. I have to do an Excel spreadsheet, a Powerpoint, and something else that I'm totally not looking forward to. When I open my cafe, I will use pen and paper and binders for these things out of spite.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:24 pm

I got fired today. Because I couldn't do my job quick enough. I'm too stupid to do a simple cash drop/cash in.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:35 pm

LadyObvious23 wrote:I got fired today. Because I couldn't do my job quick enough. I'm too stupid to do a simple cash drop/cash in.

You are not stupid.
You are not stupid.
You are not stupid.
Please don't tell lies like that.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:51 pm

If I'm not stupid then how couldn't I do something so simple?
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 pm

There are a million different reasons. Maybe you were tired. Maybe you were a little clumsy. Maybe your mind went blank for a moment. Maybe you were feeling anxious and distracted. Maybe you missed a twenty the first time you counted. Maybe a ghost possessed you. Who knows? But I definitely know that you are not stupid, because I am not stupid enough to believe that you are.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:34 pm

*hugs*
LadyObvious23

Postby Pink Freud » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Maybe you did it just fine and your boss had to find any excuse to terminate someone for financial reasons. Happens all the time.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Joxer died today. He had a stroke and...:'(
LadyObvious23

Postby Pink Freud » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Sorry to hear. My condolences.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Just my luck right? My first baby dying after I get fired. He was 14 so he lived a long happy life.
LadyObvious23

Postby Lia S » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 am

What’s more fun than having a wisdom tooth removed? Catching a bad cold the next day! Sneeze and cough with a sore mouth to make your painkillers even less effective! Plus! Double your sleep deprivation that you already had before! Yaaaay! Get really grumpy! Think depressing thoughts about the state of the world and the futility of your own life! Smile and keep it all inside cause you want to be a decent person to others! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is what having a period is like, isn’t it.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Valerie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 am

LadyO: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad that you got so much time with him, though. I'm sure he was very happy to have you.

Lia: Yes, that is exactly what bad periods feel like. Welcome to the madness. :twisted:

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Valerie » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:43 am

Matt Bevin won the election. D:
HOWEVER, there is a petition going around to have a recount of the votes, because some people are skeptical about the outcome. Link to the petition is here, if anyone is interested in signing.

If anyone is curious about my reasons for being unhappy, the main thing is that Matt Bevin wants to do away with the Medicaid expansion, which would be very bad for a lot of people, including bipolar me and my diabetic husband. You guys have any idea how much insulin and test strips cost!?

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Lia S » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:02 am

Valerie wrote:You guys have any idea how much insulin and test strips cost!?

In the US? Probably 10 to 50 times more than they’re worth.

*hugs*
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Valerie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:41 am

Lia S wrote:
Valerie wrote:You guys have any idea how much insulin and test strips cost!?

In the US? Probably 10 to 50 times more than they’re worth.

*hugs*

*hugs back*
For one box of Lantus pens or one vial, it's over $200. Around the same for Novalog. Morgan uses both of those. Test strips are like $120-ish for a box of 100. He's supposed to test four times a day, so that's about a month's supply. So for one month of just Morgan's diabetic stuff, it's over $500. He also takes Lyrica for his nerve damage, and a month of that (90 pills in his case) is over $500 by itself.

So, not counting either of our mental health meds or supplements or whatever other drugs or doctor visits, those four things alone cost us over $1,000, which is about what I make in a month.

If you're gonna be born in the land of the free, you'd better be rich or perfectly healthy forever.

We currently have Medicaid due to the expansion that rolled out a couple years ago, so we pay almost nothing. Some meds are $4 at most, except things that aren't covered, but only one of his meds isn't. It's called Metanx, it's basically like a special vitamin for diabetics, and it's about $120/month. But if we're paying only that, it's manageable.

Of course, all of that changes if Bevin gets rid of the expansion.

As usual.

Valerie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion