The unofficial bad day thread.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: The unofficial bad day thread.

Postby Pink Freud » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:11 am

I used to be horrible about that. The way I solved it was by getting a checking account with A: Overdraft protection (300 bucks worth in my case), and B: a debit card linked to the checking account. I hardly ever use checks at all anymore, they stay in a drawer, and I pay all my bills online with the (Mastercard) debit card. Been using it for years now, and it's saved my ass many a time.

Still doesn't help me manage my money any better, but at least I never overdraft anymore.
Pink Freud

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:23 am

Mom has been trying to kill herself for weeks. Has missed tons of work and we're completely fucked. I wish someone could help me.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Sun May 10, 2015 6:44 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:Mom has been trying to kill herself for weeks. Has missed tons of work and we're completely fucked. I wish someone could help me.

I hope she's receiving some kind of help. Do you all have her in a hospital or anything?
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Valerie » Sun May 10, 2015 7:57 am

(Not important, but my vegan adaptation of the gluten-free chocolate cake didn't work out. Gonna have to try a different substitute for the eggs...)

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Valerie wrote:
LadyObvious23 wrote:Mom has been trying to kill herself for weeks. Has missed tons of work and we're completely fucked. I wish someone could help me.

I hope she's receiving some kind of help. Do you all have her in a hospital or anything?

She checked herself into one.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby mikbuster » Sun May 10, 2015 11:12 pm

*hugs*

I'm feeling so upset about various things right now that I feel like breaking things. I really want to hit the wall again just to hurt myself. Not like the pain lasts very long anyway.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Mom might be getting arrested. Great! Just FUCKING GREAT!!!

Update:....so my Mom gave my Grandmother's car a flat tire. She got yelled at for that and I'm so glad it wasn't anything worse.
LadyObvious23

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:17 pm

Our water got cut off today. No warning or anything. We're low on toiletries and I'm a failure. A huge fucking failure.
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Okay, so I was taking a quiz for my school stuff, and this happened:

Examination, Lesson 5
10. What is one reason for creating a diverse workforce?
A. Employee population is increasingly homogeneous.
B. Customer population is decreasingly diverse.
C. Increasing diversity minimizes the risk of litigation.
D. Retaining top talent means recruiting more Asians.

At first I was like, "Playful racism, teehee, they are so silly, let's find out what the real answer is."
I took a second look at the possible answers.
"Well, surely it must be A or B..."
I referred to my textbook.
"...*selects C* *submits exam* *checks to see which answers were correct*"

So yeah, it was C. The only good reason to have a diverse staff is so you don't get sued. Let's just ignore all the actual benefits, like having different viewpoints from different cultures at your disposal, or having someone who's willing to work on Christmas because they're a Hindu, or whatever else. Nah, we're just worried about getting sued.

I'd look up a picture to make 100% sure, but I'm pretty confident that the author(s) of this textbook/quiz is/are the whitest and straightest and malest of white straight males.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Our house is being foreclosed and we will be losing our pets. I'm never going to be seeing any of them again and I want to die.
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:46 pm

LadyObvious23 wrote:Our house is being foreclosed and we will be losing our pets. I'm never going to be seeing any of them again and I want to die.

Is there someone around that could keep them for you? A friend or a family member?

As usual.

Valerie

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:22 pm

Valerie wrote:
LadyObvious23 wrote:Our house is being foreclosed and we will be losing our pets. I'm never going to be seeing any of them again and I want to die.

Is there someone around that could keep them for you? A friend or a family member?

I don't know.
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:36 pm

LadyObvious23 wrote:
Valerie wrote:

I don't know.

You should ask around. That way, even if your pets don't live with you, you can still go visit them.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Lia S » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Val:

It’s a trick question of the kind meant to trap students who are trying to answer all questions within time. A and B would need further explanation of why those statistics are bad things. You are assumed to know why they are bad things, and if you’re answering quickly you’ll interpret them as including that reason. Notice that these the first two options, so if you’re in a hurry and not reading the remaining choices when you think you’ve spotted the right one...

On the positive side, there’s D for the racists who think they can’t be sued and who wouldn’t bother to study.

LO:

Oh nooooooo! *hugs*
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Joxer is who I'm most worried about. He's 14 and he might feel abandoned. Also what if no one can take Koge in too? They're best friends. He'll be devastated without him.
LadyObvious23

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion