The unofficial bad day thread.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: The unofficial bad day thread.

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:48 pm

I just want to die.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby thebitterfig » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Cliche, but it's a kitten.

The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:57 am

:)
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Morgan's brother made a suicide attempt. We flew out to California to visit him in the hospital (they have him on a psychiatric hold, it seems), but he's refusing all visitors.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Sorry to hear that, Val. My best to Morgan and his family, and my wish that his brother will accept and get the help he needs.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Lia S » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:08 pm

@Val: I hope he’ll be able to handle seeing people before you have to go back. I can easily imagine that one would not want to see anyone soon after an attempt, even if one understands that the visitors are a positive thing to have.

*HUGS*
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Valerie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Morgan's brother is out of the hospital and he's been referred to a psychologist. I'm going to try to head back to Kentucky ASAP because my job may or may not be in jeopardy from how suddenly I left...

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Artemisia » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:24 pm

HUGS Val, I hope things will be alright.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Valerie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:46 am

Heading back to Kentucky Sunday. It sounds like my job is technically safe, but management is not happy with me.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Artemisia » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 pm

Well, it was a family emergency. I hope that they understand even if they aren't exactly happy with the sudden departure. I wouldn't be happy in that situation either, but I'd understand.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Valerie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Took my sisters to the dentist for an appointment. Turns out their insurance doesn't work. My mom, dropping the ball on her children's basic needs? Shocking. :roll:

As usual.

Valerie

Postby mikbuster » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:27 pm

*hugs* sorry Val

I've been having some trouble with reality lately. It started with a dream that had me thinking I was losing it until I finally woke up, Sunday afternoon. It rather shook me. Essentially it included exaggerated versions of symptoms I already exhibit regularly, but are not out of the realm of possibility. Yesterday I woke up having doubts about reality. It was enough to make me cry a little over not knowing what to do, but overall was mostly just ideas. Today I had a strong sense that this wasn't real. It... made it difficult to proceed with the day and I cried most of the way to work. It really didn't help that I kept automatically slipping into other worlds when I closed my eyes. I ... entertained the idea of suicide as a way of waking up. The feeling that all this wasn't real kind of faded this afternoon but left me with the doubts. I mean, maybe this is real, but maybe the times I feel like it's not are when I'm almost waking up. I'm also considering the progression. If it's even worse tomorrow morning, maybe I'll actually wake up? In the case that it is real, I'm not sure how to get better. A little Googling led me to a name that I'm not entirely sure fits but happens to be caused by things like anxiety, migraines, depression, lack of sleep, and other stuff. So... maybe I'm just over stressed and I definitely haven't been getting enough sleep. I haven't had a full weekend to myself for a month and my Sundays that I've had to myself have been spent almost entirely relaxing without getting anything done. Oh, and thanks to Lia, arte, and others for trying to help
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:47 pm

The person I wanted to date turned out to be an abusive controller. DX Why me?
LadyObvious23

Postby mikbuster » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Through my own stupidity I overdrew my checking account. Pay day was yesterday and I may go in the negative again before next payday. I just wish someone would kill me because I obviously can't handle playing at adulthood. I have to see what I can do *sighs*
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby thebitterfig » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:51 am

Plenty of well-qualified adults will overdraw checking accounts, or other financial slip-ups. I've forgotten to pay bills before, realized (or been told... :( ) a while later. To that end, adulthood has always seemed to me process-based, rather than results-based. It isn't about the result of never-being-overdrawn or not making mistakes, it's about the process seeing-what-you-can-do. Still, I know this stuff isn't easy, so good luck.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion