The unofficial bad day thread.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: The unofficial bad day thread.

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:I have also, after reading LeBubbles' and NobodySpecial's posts, got to count my good fortune that I'm not doing a grocery store/convenience store job. Mostly because around here, those stores tend to get held up, and sometimes the clerks get shot.

Nooooo, why did you have to say that? *hides in bunker*

Also, I've made it to 23 without ever having had a SO or even going on a date. But then, I'm aromantic*, so take that with a grain of salt.

And I think I might be falling in love with one of my best friends.

I don't even know what she looks like.

*I think
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Captain LeBubbles wrote:Nooooo, why did you have to say that? *hides in bunker*

You'll probably be all right.

I live in a city in Texas. So we then take the number of weapons already there (since Texans do so love their Second Amendment rights), "W", and double it, possibly triple it, since there's also a military base (and enough pawn shops to make even a dedicated bargain-hunter say "Whoa now, hang on a minute".) So at least 2W, probably 3W in comparison to the area where you live.

On second thought, I think I'll join you in that bunker. Despite living in this city for the last 16 years, it only just now occurred to me "There is probably enough ammunition and firepower sitting not even five miles away to reduce me and everything in a five mile radius from my position to particles." Mother...

Also, I've made it to 23 without ever having had a SO or even going on a date. But then, I'm aromantic*, so take that with a grain of salt.

And I think I might be falling in love with one of my best friends.

*I think

Awww, good luck with that! :3
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:

I live in a city in Texas. So we then take the number of weapons already there (since Texans do so love their Second Amendment rights), "W", and double it, possibly triple it, since there's also a military base (and enough pawn shops to make even a dedicated bargain-hunter say "Whoa now, hang on a minute".) So at least 2W, probably 3W in comparison to the area where you live.

*points at mini-profile*

'Georgia' don't refer to the country in Europe, sweetheart. There are at least seven guns in my house alone, including the one under my mattress. And another one in my daddy's truck. Possibly two. I gave up counting years ago.
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

Captain LeBubbles

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Captain LeBubbles wrote:
Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:

*points at mini-profile*

'Georgia' don't refer to the country in Europe, sweetheart. There are at least seven guns in my house alone, including the one under my mattress. And another one in my daddy's truck. Possibly two. I gave up counting years ago.

More than fair point there, madam. I will say this though - I'm getting rather depressed at how many mornings in a row now I've read in the paper about someone in Bell county getting shot. I sincerely hope it's not nearly such a problem there. =\

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:
Captain LeBubbles wrote:
Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:

*points at mini-profile*

More than fair point there, madam. I will say this though - I'm getting rather depressed at how many mornings in a row now I've read in the paper about someone in Bell county getting shot. I sincerely hope it's not nearly such a problem there. =\

Okay, fair enough. So little of interest happens in this town that a couple weeks ago the front page story was about a house that the owner had decided to tear down. It had an interesting backstory, but hardly front-page news under normal circs. (And last week the front page featured a tag about someone stealing a mattress, a box-spring, and two pillows. The hell.)

Captain LeBubbles

Postby Valerie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Captain LeBubbles wrote:(And last week the front page featured a tag about someone stealing a mattress, a box-spring, and two pillows. The hell.)

Maybe (s)he was sleepy...?
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Louisa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:02 am

Captain LeBubbles wrote:And I think I might be falling in love with one of my best friends.

I assume "don't even know what she looks like" means she's an internet friend; probably one who lives far away or you would have met up in person by now, therefore making the "falling in love with her" aspect even trickier because of the distance involved. If my assumptions are right... yeesh, that's a tricky situation. But I've been there. Don't let anyone tell you that it "doesn't count" just because you're not spending time with her in meatspace, because the people who think that are idiots (It's completely possible to get to know and care for someone at a distance). And I hope it turns out well for the two of you, whatever "turns out well" may look like.
Louisa

Postby Lia S » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:13 am

Captain LeBubbles wrote:Also, I've made it to 23 without ever having had a SO or even going on a date. But then, I'm aromantic*, so take that with a grain of salt.

I first read "aromantic" as "aromatic" and thought "yes, that can be a problem when trying to find a SO".

Anyway, good luck to you and everyone else!
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby sun tzu » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:36 am

Captain LeBubbles wrote:Also, I've made it to 23 without ever having had a SO or even going on a date. But then, I'm aromantic*, so take that with a grain of salt.

<--- probably aromantic, made it to 27 without ever going on a date

Good luck with the friend thing, however it turns out. :)
sun tzu

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

Lia S wrote:

I first read "aromantic" as "aromatic" and thought "yes, that can be a problem when trying to find a SO".

Yes. I am a hydrocarbon. This makes dating difficult at best.

Captain LeBubbles

Postby Louisa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 am

Captain LeBubbles wrote:
Lia S wrote:

Are you benzene? Because if so, I can see why people would want to stay away. Flammable carcinogens don't tend to make good partners.
Louisa

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 am

Louisa wrote:
Captain LeBubbles wrote:
Lia S wrote:

Are you benzene? Because if so, I can see why people would want to stay away. Flammable carcinogens don't tend to make good partners.

No, Furan. Same problem.

Captain LeBubbles

Postby Lia S » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:16 am

No, that's someone else, who has ben zene offering her sulfur monoxide a ring.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Otaking » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:52 pm

So, I've been in three ERs in three cities over the last few days, and she went back to my local one at about 3am this morning, during my work shift.

I dropped her off and came back to work. My boss was like "are you sure you shouldn't be with her" and I said I can't miss any more work over this. I know what she's in for and about how long they'll keep her now I've done it so many times. I fucked up internet service out of New Orleans slightly because I was distracted by this, so if you live there and had a problem, sorry. I work from the veritable cybernetic heart of darkness in one of the world's largest and most evil telecoms. Of course the hospital IV'd her and gave her fluids and were useless otherwise and I picked her back up at 6am. This is common for us.

We saw the pain doctor today and he finally relented and assigned her some extra fentanyl patches along with her regular prescription of Actiq pops. He's never upped her meds before and has an iron will comparable to mine, but backed up by fear of federal regulations so this was a rare display of sympathy from him. She's better right now on the pain patch and is actually doing something besides crying curled up and clutching herself which is showing me videos of Skyrim and playing some Swtor so that's a plus.

We talked, again, about how her illness is putting my job in jeopardy and if this keeps up I won't have it to pay for any medical anymore, another facet of our talks about separation. Practicality makes me decide this over and over and love makes me back down from it over and over. We're giving her dog up to her mom soon.

We talked about some resolution to try to stick with one Gastroenterologist in the face of only useless answers and three month appointments and go to the same ER he's connected with, so they might have some followup to the problems they're not solving. I was going over them and I have 5 cards in my wallet right now from all that we've tried, some as far away as San Antonio (I live about 2hrs SW of Houston)..so it's kind of like deciding to bash my face into a wall some more and hoping some gold nuggets fall out of it. That's the worst metaphor I've ever come up with.

The gentleman who wrecked on our land while drunk came back by to clean up, he only needed three stitches in his back so luckily he was ok. He was protected by the luck given to the witless and undeserving, which really pisses my wife off given all her issues but at least he was decent enough to clean up the mess. He couldn't get the front bumper, was in a small jeep, so I'll throw it on a trailer when I get some energy.

BTW Zanosuke, I sympathize over the loss of the books. My mom, being of the religious bent burned a lot of my dork gear when I moved off to California which included:

-2nd Ed. Talisman board game with all expansions.
-2nd Ed. Shadowrun (That beautiful glossy cover and the old sexy logo, this new German stuff is sad)
-Warhammer Fantasy Sourcebook (95 dollar printing job in 1989 or so...just a gorgeous book, full of pics of Lovecraftian inspired horror to set my mom off of course)
-All manner of 2nd Ed AD&D stuff
Otaking

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm glad your wife is able to do a few things that give her joy, Otaking. I really hope things get better for you both soon. =(

And OW, on those books. I'm sad your mother didn't just sell them off or something. >.<

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion