Off-topic: Happy things

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

Postby Adrishiana » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:25 am

Kamino Neko wrote:
Adrishiana wrote:4. Citrus (not, I should add, citronella) candles!

Oh, where gotten? I <3 citrus scent, those sound nice. (My mom loves vanilla, which I hate, so it'd be nice to be able to give myself a bit of relief with something that's unlikely to set off my asthma. >_>)

I'm not a fan of vanilla myself (it can be done well but so rarely is D:).

I bought one each of lemon, orange, and lime-scented votives, but ended up having to seal-a-meal the orange one because it was just a bit strong in combination with the other two for me (sensitive sense of smell woooo), while the lemon and lime are light enough to be combined.

I got them at Meijer, but they're by Yankee Candle. That said, though, as we get closer to spring you might have an easier time finding the scent.
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Louisa » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:34 am

This is the cutest thing I have seen in some time.
Louisa

Postby Valerie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Louisa wrote:This is the cutest thing I have seen in some time.

Ohhh my God, that is too adorable! <3
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Louisa wrote:This is the cutest thing I have seen in some time.

I see that, and raise you this.
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Adrishiana » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:41 pm

P&A Forum members, please tell me about your favorite foods. :3
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby MudFlap33 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Adrishiana wrote:P&A Forum members, please tell me about your favorite foods. :3

Gnocchi al pesto is probably my favorite--especially good, hand-rolled, authentic Italian gnocchi and fresh pesto, either also authentic Italian or my mom's homemade pesto. Hard to choose, though. I do also love any Thai dish that is both spicy and has basil. Actually, maybe that just makes basil my favorite food. I also love stuff with cilantro, like good guacamole...I'm gonna stop myself there for now.
adamiani wrote:Hormones are the real unsung heroes of this series!
MudFlap33

Postby Valerie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Adrishiana wrote:P&A Forum members, please tell me about your favorite foods. :3

Anything Paul makes. He works at the HSC store, so all the things listed there and at Broadway (since he's currently sending food there, too, long story) are/will be delicious no matter what. Skip on the Baxter store.

I know that looks like shameless advertising, but I am so dead serious, you have no idea.

Aside from thaaaat...
- Blueberries
- Most other fruits and vegetables
- Cheesecake
- Greek salad
- This thing just because of how cheap/easy it is to make.
- Chicken (this is Kentucky, babe)
- Chocolate, especially when I am feeling super-depressed

I actually don't like things a lot of people like 'cause I'm a weirdo. Bread, cake, cupcakes (duh), muffins, anything of that nature. I'll eat 'em, but I can't eat much without being grossed out. I also don't like pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, apple pie, or The American Way. All are true except that last one. Well, depending on the day.

But seriously, Paul is a god of the culinary arts.
Last edited by Valerie on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Oh all right, just this one post, then it's back to burying myself in the textbook.

My happy things:
Music. I listen to a pretty eclectic mix, so anything but the vast majority of rap, and "heavy" types of metal and rock will pretty much have me almost dancing.
The sunset.
Sitting under a tree, enjoying a good book and the wind in my hair.
My cat, Hayden.
Spending time with my friends (like a few weeks ago, when we did a marathon of the extended Lord of the Rings trilogy with a projector on the wall of the dojo two of them own.)
Small kindnesses, like simply holding the door open for someone, or letting someone with just an item or two go ahead of you in line at the express, when you yourself have close to the limit.
Going to the park, and just enjoying the breeze, and listening to and watching other people have a good time.
Sitting down and having a conversation of decent length (but it doesn't have to have any purpose, other than the talking) with people that matter to me.

Oh, and since food was brought up:
A good plate of baked ziti, with bits of ground beef in it and the cheese is nice and melted.
A nice warm slice of cheese pizza (not made by Pizza Hut, Domino's, Little Caesar's, or Papa John's, though. Those places have no clue how to do pizza right, in the South.)
A good hot bowl of tomato soup.
A good, warm meat-pie. A meat-pie shop just opened up here in town this month, and I'm having to use some extreme self-control to not blow what little money I have going nuts on their inventory... *drool*
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Kamino Neko » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Hmm. *ponders*

'Hospital food' count? <_< (Seriously, I've spent a good amount of time in hospital, in the past few years, and always enjoy the food. ... Wait, what's with the straitjacket? Oooh, a rubber room? *bouncebounce*)

Hmm. Seriously, though...pea soup, from my grandmother's recipe (also used by my mother). Nom!

Ham and scalloped potatoes. It's a bit of a cliche combo, but I love it.
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Pasta (soba noodles especially) with Thai peanut sauce. Only for a special treat, because it's fattening, but I do love me some of that.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Doc Harleen » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:01 pm

I love talking about food, so great question!
- My mother-in-law's steak pie
- Berries. Any kind: strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries...
- CHEESE. My favourite food of all, probably. Tops is a nice, aged cheddar, but I'm not too picky, I just don't like blue cheese
- British biscuits, such as Jammy Dodgers, Chocolate Rich Tea, or Ginger Nuts (served along with a cup of orange pekoe tea)
- My husband's pasta sauce with some rotini or fusilli (and cheese on top, of course!)
Doc Harleen

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Favorite?

As in singular? D:
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Adrishiana » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Captain LeBubbles wrote:

Favorite?

As in singular? D:

I know. I can't even pick a favorite color, so wtf, self.
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Kamino Neko » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Adrishiana wrote:I know. I can't even pick a favorite color, so wtf, self.

I can. Totes purple. Purplepurplepurple! (So, I love the main site's design.)
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Valerie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Kamino Neko wrote:
Adrishiana wrote:I know. I can't even pick a favorite color, so wtf, self.

I can. Totes purple. Purplepurplepurple! (So, I love the main site's design.)

Purple all the way, muthafuckas. <3

Also, I forgot tea. Does tea count as a food? I fucking love tea. And coffee, when it's good. Columbian roast and Seattle's Best #4 are my favorites.

In other happiness-related news, my dad's cousin just got his kitchen floor redone. He gave us the old tiling (hell-o, new bathroom floor!) and his old table/chair set (so we now have four padded chairs and a little table). I know I've mentioned it in chat before, but maybe not here? But we're like totally renovating a house, and the bathroom is the next step after the roof is done, then the kitchen, so this is awesome news.

The only room we have done so far is the bedroom. Which is purple. Because my husband is amazing and doesn't argue when I want to paint the bedroom purple.

As usual.

Valerie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion