Page 211 of 213

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:35 am
by Lia S
*pays her pal*

Hey so guess who is going to be very nearby (to Val) soon? I'll be in the US only for a few days and I expect my datemate will want to do more than fits in those, but... it is worth looking into whether there is any chance to say hi.

Of course, if this first visit goes well, I'll be back in the future, maybe we can even come visit the cafe ^^

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm
by Valerie
Lia S wrote:*pays her pal*

Hey so guess who is going to be very nearby (to Val) soon? I'll be in the US only for a few days and I expect my datemate will want to do more than fits in those, but... it is worth looking into whether there is any chance to say hi.

Of course, if this first visit goes well, I'll be back in the future, maybe we can even come visit the cafe ^^


Thanks, Lia!!! <3

That would be really cool! Let me know if you end up having time to stop by, we can grab coffee or something!

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 am
by Valerie
Some awesome anonymous person donated to Ladymug's GoFundMe campaign! Thank you, if it was anyone here! <3

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 am
by Valerie
I just need to tell y'all that I appreciate you a lot. So far only people from here have chipped into my cafe's GoFundMe/PayPal. I know who my friends are. <3

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:49 am
by Lia S
Soooo I'm back from my super short trip (a few days already) and while that's not entirely a happy thing because I would much rather still be over there, I am happy to now know that things work rather well between my datemate and me.

She's wonderful and I'm going to keep her.

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:02 am
by Valerie
Lia S wrote:Soooo I'm back from my super short trip (a few days already) and while that's not entirely a happy thing because I would much rather still be over there, I am happy to now know that things work rather well between my datemate and me.

She's wonderful and I'm going to keep her.


Awesome! That means you're gonna get married and move to the US and come visit me, right? :D
(She should probably move in with you instead. The US is maybe not the best place to move to right now.)

For real, though, I'm really happy for you!

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:41 am
by Pink Freud
I wrote a thing. I don't know if it's good but I wrote it and it's there now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shortstories/c ... 1/hr_heat/

It's the first attempt in series of stories that I want to do as a writing exercise, about some of the trippy nightmares I've had over the years. This is one of the lesser ones from back in 2006 that stuck out in my mind ever since for some reason.

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:50 am
by Lia S
Valerie wrote:Awesome! That means you're gonna get married and move to the US and come visit me, right? :D
(She should probably move in with you instead. The US is maybe not the best place to move to right now.)

For real, though, I'm really happy for you!


Married? To my datemate? It's more likely than you think! :รพ

It's lucky our other partner really likes the sight of white lace. That one plans to visit me in summer, by the way. Lucky me ^^ . Less lucky they'll be together without me in December when the original plan was to all be in the same place then.

I probably will get a chance to visit you, and for sure when there's going to be a wedding there will have to be parties on both sides of the ocean.

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 am
by Lia S
Pink Freud wrote:I wrote a thing. I don't know if it's good but I wrote it and it's there now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shortstories/c ... 1/hr_heat/

It's the first attempt in series of stories that I want to do as a writing exercise, about some of the trippy nightmares I've had over the years. This is one of the lesser ones from back in 2006 that stuck out in my mind ever since for some reason.


I like the unexpected end!

By complete coincidence I wrote down a dream as a scifi horror story the other day. It's... disturbing. I'm not sure where I would like to put it to share.

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:55 am
by Pink Freud
Lia S wrote:
Pink Freud wrote:I wrote a thing. I don't know if it's good but I wrote it and it's there now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shortstories/c ... 1/hr_heat/

It's the first attempt in series of stories that I want to do as a writing exercise, about some of the trippy nightmares I've had over the years. This is one of the lesser ones from back in 2006 that stuck out in my mind ever since for some reason.


I like the unexpected end!

By complete coincidence I wrote down a dream as a scifi horror story the other day. It's... disturbing. I'm not sure where I would like to put it to share.


Thanks! I was going to post them all to tumblr because I couldn't think of anywhere else to put them, but an irc friend convinced me to out that one on reddit instead, saying more people would see it there. I haven't seen a lot of activity on anything there though, so I think he may have been mistaken and I might post it and the rest (once I write them) to tumblr anyway.

Wherever you decide, link me to it, I'd like to see it!

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:50 pm
by Pink Freud
Oh man, I posted an entry to a Halloween-themed short story contest and it's gotten 40 upvotes so far (which seems to be quite a few comparatively if I'm seeing them right). If I'm lucky I might get third place or something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shortscarystor ... otherhood/

Wrote it yesterday afternoon and proofread/edited it yesterday evening.

Edit: My favorite so far though is "Halloween 2017". That dude should win I think.

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:35 am
by Pink Freud
I don't mean to spam the thread, but A GUY USED MY SHORT STORY IN HIS YOUTUBE VIDEO!


Mine is #8! (link should jump straight to it)

https://youtu.be/t11eEB9vxX0?t=1498

I am downright FRABJOUS!

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:18 pm
by Alice Macher
That is super awesome, Pink!

What's next for you? Besides going to Disneyland.

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:40 am
by Pink Freud
Conquer the WORLD.

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:51 am
by Valerie
I'm gonna be selling Ladymug stuff at a farmer's market on Saturday to try to raise a little money to go towards opening. :D Wish me luck! (And also transfer some energy to me if you have any to spare. This week has been non-stop baby showers and shopping and lollipop-making and it's only going to get worse because I work 10 AM to 10 PM Friday, then I have to wake up at 5:30 on Saturday to make the muffins, then I have to be at the farmer's market at 9:30 to set up and it lasts until 3, then I have to do another 10 AM to 10 PM on Sunday... I made 136 lollipops. X_X Today is my day off to watch stupid YouTube videos and nap and stuff.)