Off-topic: Happy things

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

Postby Valerie » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:58 pm

o_o Yeah, Pink, I dunno. Just keep an eye on it. I guess it's okay if you don't get too thin to be healthy.

For my own bit of happy news, I have decided to go vegan. It's been about a week or so, I guess, so I'm obviously not perfect yet, but hopefully I can ease my way there the way I eased my way to vegetarianism.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:24 am

Valerie wrote:o_o Yeah, Pink, I dunno. Just keep an eye on it. I guess it's okay if you don't get too thin to be healthy.

For my own bit of happy news, I have decided to go vegan. It's been about a week or so, I guess, so I'm obviously not perfect yet, but hopefully I can ease my way there the way I eased my way to vegetarianism.

Good luck with it, Val. I dunno if I could ever do that, but a friend of mine did a few months ago and she's been having a lot of fun posting the results of her cooking on FB.

In another story, OH HOLY WOW WHAT. Ok, so earlier today my nieces came to visit, and little Emily started playing Grow Home on my PS4. Her sister started playing "Da Funk" by Daft Punk on my laptop, and Emmy started making the little blocky robot dance to the music. I thought the result was too cool not to share, so I uploaded it to youtube and shared that to twitter. I just checked twitter and an hour ago one of the game's producers retweeted it saying he loved it. That is AWESOME.

Link to video if you want to see it. Not great quality, I may try to remake it later sometime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE-wvyv8fyc
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:27 am

Congratulations to Canada, which just got its first openly bishōnen prime minister.
Bo Lindbergh

Postby thebitterfig » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:59 pm

"First" depends on how folks rate his dad, who had a lot of je ne c'est pas in his day. Even dated Barbara Streisand. I mean, that flower.

Of course, a lot of the Trudeau hotness is that so many politicians are so very plain.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:25 am

I got a job as a cashier. I will be working 25 hours. :3 I'm so happy!
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:15 pm

LadyObvious23 wrote:I got a job as a cashier. I will be working 25 hours. :3 I'm so happy!

Awesome! <3

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:38 pm

One of my old best friends that's been in federal prison or the last 20 years for capital murder just got out on parole Monday. He gave me a call today and we talked about stuff for awhile. Sounds like he's doing okay, but he has to wear an ankle bracelet tracker and can't leave his house except to go to work.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Lia S » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 am

I just took my first estradiol. Finally.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby mikbuster » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:27 pm

That's big news. Congrats on your impending puberty :)
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby Lia S » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:20 am

If my mood this morning is a taste of it, I’m going to have some big second puberty indeed.

On the other hand, I had a tiring day yesterday, and this morning my internet connection kept dropping while I was trying to change the firewall configuration of a server because some *bleep*HONK*neigh* in Romania is scanning it for vulnerabilities way too often and that was adding too much noise to the daily reports. They were starting each scan of the http server by requesting a document named something like “I’m a l33t h4x0r from Romania!" :roll: . I was trying to do this while needing the bathroom.

As for happy things, I keep thinking about how much I love my friends, but not in a lonely way. It’s nice ^^ .
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Lia S

Postby Valerie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:00 pm

I've decided to start volunteering. Nothing big, just something once a week, probably soup kitcheny or something. I always talk like a big fat hippie, I need to start acting more like one.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Lia S » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:46 pm

Valerie wrote:I always talk like a big fat hippie, I need to start acting more like one.

You, big and fat? Nothing wrong with anyone who is those things, but I don’t see how you’ll manage to become them ;P .

Earlier this week, I saw The Brand New Testament. Great movie, poetic and very funny. Trigger warning for off-screen child abuse, though. My only complaints are they didn’t cast a trans girl for the trans girl role (or maybe they did and she hasn’t changed her name yet? that’s a possibility but probably not), and that someone more negative than myself could argue the trans character exists because the entire movie is designed to piss off conservative Christians.

Tiny spoiler: The trans girl is the love interest of the main character, who is the 10 year old daughter of God. That part of the plot is super cute. Wow.

Another happy thing: Surinamian picalilly. So very spicy. Once I get used to it, I think I’ll start eating Madame Jeanette peppers straight, and after that I can start training to be a dragon.
Lia S

Postby Pink Freud » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:32 pm

I just got bock from the doc. I've now lost 245 pounds in a little over a year. What the flux.

Also I've been managing my diet and diabetes so well that she cut my Metformin (diabetes medication) in half. Rock.
Pink Freud

Postby Lia S » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:47 am

@Pink Freud: Yay for health improvement!

I’m beginning to get a better understanding of the emotional effects of my medicines (or of not being depressed, it’s impossible to guess the cause of most of them). I wrote a few blog posts to get rid of stuff about my last relationship I was still holding on to - I feel much less shame now. This led to talk about feelings about the idea of being on a leash. I embarrassed myself, and tried to get out of it by asking the world if they thought I’d let them put one on me or if I would slap them. Of course, with my luck, the one friend who I would allow thought it was a good joke to comment that I would allow her to... Time for me to get even more embarrassed and to remember that I have a fear of abandonment. Time to panic! It all ended well and in friendship, after a few hours. Because I’m impulsive now, I invited another friend to go leash shopping with me, to make sure I wouldn’t murder any Christian Grey wannabes. Turns out there’s some things she’s afraid to buy on her own, so my request was very convenient! I’m not sure if she understands it’s half an invitation for something else, which could become a real invitation after I get a better understanding of her mental health. I’m certain she could never harm me, but there’s a possibility that offering myself to play with would be much like offering her a gun to play with, that she would put against her head. I didn’t get much sleep tonight because of all the thoughts and feelings.

Yep, that’s puberty. Fun! :lol:

EDIT: Oh, oops, miss possible mental health problems is taken now. I’m grinning about my friend having a girlfriend, but now I’m out of suitable people who I would trust enough. OH WELL.
Lia S

Postby Lia S » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:09 am

I have some big news about two tiny things!

Happiest day of my life so far!
Lia S

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion