Off-topic: Happy things

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

Postby Lia S » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Maybe this should go in the funny stuff thread, but it’s on topic here right now:

(In case it doesn’t load, it’s an image of people on twitter who want to move to Canada because of same gender marriage being legal in the US.)
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Alice Macher » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Let them come...Tamar and I will gladly put them up at our place.

"So, how long have you two been roommates?"

"Roommates...yes, that's one way of putting it..." :twisted:
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Lia S wrote:Maybe this should go in the funny stuff thread, but it’s on topic here right now:

(In case it doesn’t load, it’s an image of people on twitter who want to move to Canada because of same gender marriage being legal in the US.)

They do know it's legal there too,right? I just hope people don't think it's the end of fighting for equal rights. Cuz it ain't.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Had an argument with a coworker over it, but IDGAF, gay marriage is finally legal. <3
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Artemisia » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:57 am

I go away for a long weekend and what happens? Obamacare is upheld, Same-sex marriage is legalized, they kill/recapture those two escaped convicts and President Obama gives one heck of a eulogy....

On the other hand, I got to spend time with some friends of mine and graduated with my MFA in Creative Writing.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Valerie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:06 am

One of my friends is designing the logo for my cafe, and it is cute so far.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Valerie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:27 am

LOGO IS DONE AND I JUST SUBMITTED IT FOR COPYRIGHT OH MY GOD

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Congrats! Your cafe is gonna rock.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Valerie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:04 pm

My boss is going to her home country of Zambia for a few days on a mission to help people with medical issues, and she's collecting money to help them afford their medicine and such. If any of you have a few dollars to spare, I'm sure it would be worth a lot to her and the people she's trying to help. http://www.youcaring.com/august-2015-za ... ion-392323

As usual.

Valerie

Postby mikbuster » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:40 pm

I was in a serious vehicle accident, probably totaling both vehicles, but wasn't seriously injured. In fact, doctor said nothing was wrong with me. So I'll be okay as soon as the swelling and soreness goes away.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby Pink Freud » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 pm

OMG you're unbreakable.

But seriously, glad you're ok.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Alice Macher » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Feel better soon, mikbuster.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Valerie » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:27 am

I'm glad to hear you're okay, Mik. That was very lucky! Hope you feel better soon. <3

As usual.

Valerie

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Found out recently that I have PCOS. I can't believe it. I don't remember being told that. It explains a lot though. Well mostly my periods and hormone issues. :3
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Pink Freud » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:45 pm

So two months ago I went to the doctor, and she revealed to me that over the previous year, I'd lost a total of 126 pounds, somehow. I'd been trying to eat healthier for a few months, but still, that doesn't add up, really. She said not to worry about it.

So I went in again on Wednesday and apparently over the last two months I've lost another 52 pounds. I'm down to a weight that I haven't seen since 1995.

I mean, this SHOULD be a happy thing, right? Except for the fact that for the last two months I've felt so bad that I haven't left that house, and I've basically been bedridden for the majority of it. I haven't gotten any exercise because I felt too crappy to even get out of bed most of the time. But I cut out sodas and just about all sugar entirely, and I've been cutting down on carbs, too because reasons, but still, that shouldn't account for that much loss of weight, especially with no exercise. I don't know. Doc didn't seem too worried about it, so I guess I shouldn't be, but I can't help thinking that it just isn't right.
Pink Freud

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion