Off-topic: Happy things

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

Postby Doc Harleen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Kamino Neko wrote:
Doc Harleen wrote:I'm also very happy for you, Kamino! That's always great, when an album you're looking forward to is coming out!

I wasn't really looking forward to it, is the thing, since I was only vaguely aware it was going to come out, so, getting firm information just a couple weeks before it came out just jumped me straight into squee mode. :lol:

(Here's one of the singles from it. This is why I love Tommy.)

That's pretty bitchin'!
Doc Harleen

Postby danslepoubelle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 am

I love this thread!
things that make me happy:

My Happy Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izTsgU-0vIQ

My Happy Animal
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&clien ... 05l1.1l2l0

There are a lot of great books i haven't read yet!
There are a lot of great books that are going to be even better when I reread them!
The world is full of smart beautiful friendly women!
Jonathan Hickman is gonna write a bunch of new comics!
Grant Morrison will finish Seaguy eventually!
I'm visiting my family tommorow!
My sister has a press pass to see F'ed Up tommorow!
My friends in toronto will play Scrabble with me!
I'm reading Mind In Life by Evan Thompson and Human Disastrophism by Gilbert Hernandez, they are both great!
My good friend and close family member who were really worrying me are doing better!
my poetics professor said my assignment was the best he has read and i've never taken an english course before!
I'm going to have a great biology research job this summer!
no panic attacks since last summer!

I will stop before This gets even more braggartly, but thanks for making this thread it was just what i needed right now.
danslepoubelle

Postby danslepoubelle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:23 am

I forgot to mention the Strip Manip thread, I honestly enjoy it more than the comic most days and this is a fine comic
danslepoubelle

Postby oenone » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:31 am

I just moved halfway across the world from my friends -- so far that the time difference between us makes it really difficult to keep in touch. On Tuesday, a bunch of them coordinated a friendship date, so I got to skype in and talk to all of them at once.

On Sunday we're going to have tea. <3
Alice Macher wrote:
Oenone wins the thread.
oenone

Postby Lia S » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:28 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkXy12xVnRs

That's the happiest food I can think of.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby sgtrock » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Happy Things...

* My wife's incessant, gentle teasing.

* My two stepdaughters' awesome sense of humor.

* A very recent musical discovery that keeps me happy is Lindsey Stirling. Especially this one. And this one. Oh, and this one.

* Along the same lines but much older is Jean-Luc Ponty's New Country. (Studio version has much cleaner sound.)

* Completely off on another musical tangent is Dr. Hook's Cover of the Rolling Stone.

* Then there's always Cat Saturdays at TheChive.

* And we can't forget our recent introduction to SatW!
CEOIII: I can't comprehend the idea that having sex with a willing partner is something to feel guilty about because afterwards that person ran like they just woke up with 3 dead coeds in the room.

Zanosuke Kurosaki... sgtrock wins the thread. :oops:
sgtrock

Postby Alice Macher » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:50 pm

I got accepted into the Master of Social Work program at U. of Toronto. ^__^
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby sgtrock » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Alice Macher wrote:I got accepted into the Master of Social Work program at U. of Toronto. ^__^

Woohoo! Congratulations!
CEOIII: I can't comprehend the idea that having sex with a willing partner is something to feel guilty about because afterwards that person ran like they just woke up with 3 dead coeds in the room.

Zanosuke Kurosaki... sgtrock wins the thread. :oops:
sgtrock

Postby Kamino Neko » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Congratulations!
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Valerie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Today, I ran around in the backyard with my 12-year-old sister. We were chasing each other and rubbing the fluffy seeds from a plant in my grandmother's yard into each other's hair. This is what life should be. <3

(To clarify, the plant has been there longer than I can remember and has never harmed us. I would not have been doing that with a plant that I've never seen.)
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Twitcher » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:10 pm

I... have new caramel coffee that I have been craving for two weeks! I found a boxful of books that I thought I'd lost forever! I ate some Lindt truffles and Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts! (Good solid chocolate, but a little lacking in the peanut butter, interesting texture.) I have a new copy of Max Brook's World War Z! I bought my dad a baking stone, and will be taking my mom to lunch next week! I have a year's supply of tea! I love my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qezniWLWxEA
Twitcher

Postby Doc Harleen » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Alice Macher wrote:I got accepted into the Master of Social Work program at U. of Toronto. ^__^

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! That's amazing; I'm so happy for you. (By the way, we will be going to the same school.) 0_0

Valerie wrote:Today, I ran around in the backyard with my 12-year-old sister. We were chasing each other and rubbing the fluffy seeds from a plant in my grandmother's yard into each other's hair. This is what life should be. <3

(To clarify, the plant has been there longer than I can remember and has never harmed us. I would not have been doing that with a plant that I've never seen.)

That sounds like a fantastic day! That is absolutely what life should be.

Happy thing for the day: I went over to my grandmother's place for dinner tonight. Lots of family was there, including three of my cousins' babies. I had an awesome time.
Doc Harleen

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:41 pm

@Doc Harleen: I will fight you for it.

(lol jk bb)

Er, happy things. Right. The long list of good things about me that my Wolfy just gave me off the top of her head. The absolutely gorgeous song playing on my music player right now. My Little Pony, which is made of happiness. That it's only a week and a half before Psych starts airing new episodes again. That Subway just started carrying my favorite cookies again. That I actually like my job. That I'm so far sticking to my resolve of doing better at school this semester. That my Geology class gets to play at being paleontologists in a few weeks. That I'm having coherent ideas and writing again. That I've gotten a much better handle on my anger issues than I had a year ago. That I have two nieces who absolutely adore me. My dog. My tortoise. My best friend. The Jonathan Archer action figure I've got riding a toy Bracchiosaurus.

And this picture of a baby emu.
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Adrishiana » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:41 pm

What kind of cookies?
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Adrishiana wrote:What kind of cookies?

Double-chocolate chocolate chip. With white chocolate chips. They stopped carrying them a few years ago, and I was all

but then I was in a few days ago and they had them again, so I was all

A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion