Off-topic: Happy things

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

Postby retrophrenologist » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 am

Valerie wrote:
retrophrenologist wrote:
Valerie wrote:
retrophrenologist wrote:
Valerie wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D

MARRY ME.

This is the best idea ever omg.

Y'know what's always great? Puppies. Srsly, Google-imaging any baby animal can fix so many bad moods.

I see your cute puppies, and raise you baby penguins.

Oh yeah?

Don't play unless you bring your game, missy.

You mean like this? <3

Adri: Ooh, a cougar!

Uncle!

Friends?
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Valerie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:33 am

Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Foxurus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:28 am

Foxurus

Postby Adrishiana » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:37 am

Oh, and it is an absolutely terrible song, but "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas always seems to lift my mood (even as it gives the English major part of me an asthma attack).
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby MudFlap33 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:29 am

Adrishiana wrote:... grief bacon

Okay, this right here is a brilliant freaking phrase. I know I'll never remember the German word so I may just have to straight up use the English phrase.

My greatest little victory lately has been that I finally got the guts to ask my favorite co-worker to hang out. We've known each other for about six months now and always have fun when we work together; I think she's cool and cute, and we're finally going to do something outside of work this weekend. Of course, while I'm excited, I'm also nervous.

I also was shocked to learn recently that "blond" refers to males and "blonde" refers to females. The more you know...(and really, how did I miss that one?)
adamiani wrote:Hormones are the real unsung heroes of this series!
MudFlap33

Postby Hexr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:36 am

Now that we're talking about TVTropes, I would like to add the ending of Driven To Suicide trope. The thoughtfulness of some troper makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Also, I for one laughed out loud at Valerie and Kamino Neko's cuteness contest.
retrophrenologist wrote:
Hexr wrote:As a side note, I don't think I like that Wesley guy. He's got too much of Comic Relief / Replacement Scrappy thing going on.

Give him some time.
Hexr

Postby Kamino Neko » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:37 am

Hexr wrote:Also, I for one laughed out loud at Valerie and Kamino Neko's cuteness contest.

Pst. Val and Retro...I just giggled at it. >_>
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Hexr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:40 am

Kamino Neko wrote:
Hexr wrote:Also, I for one laughed out loud at Valerie and Kamino Neko's cuteness contest.

Pst. Val and Retro...I just giggled at it. >_>

OMIGOD retrophrenologist I'm so sorry about this! I don't know why I confused you to Kamino Neko!
Editing here because I'm making too many posts here anyway: Now that I watched CJ's clips (loved'em, by the way) I want a ball pit!
Last edited by Hexr on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
retrophrenologist wrote:
Hexr wrote:As a side note, I don't think I like that Wesley guy. He's got too much of Comic Relief / Replacement Scrappy thing going on.

Give him some time.
Hexr

Postby CJ » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:22 am

I've got the following youtube vids favorited in my phone so whenever I'm having a bad day I can watch them.

They're from the Big Bang Theory, and you'll love them REGARDLESS of whether you've seen the show or not. They need no context.

My favorite clip.

My brother's favorite clip.
Alice Macher wrote:CJ gets a shiny, gold-plated Internet and a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Hexr wrote:I think I'm in love with you, CJ. Hope you don't mind.
CJ

Postby Valerie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh God, this one:

TV Tropes wrote:Likewise, this story of a fireman who dressed up as Spiderman to coax an autistic boy from a window ledge.

I know I've mentioned like twenty times that I have siblings on the ASD spectrum, so this one really got to me. Just the idea that someone understood and knew what to do...

You got me all teary-eyed with that one, Sun Tzu. ;_; <3

Ohhh, ffff, waaait, this onnnne.

TV Tropes wrote:Every year, Milwaukee, WI radio station 96.5 WKLH holds their "Miracle Marathon" for the local children's hospital. For 60 straight hours they interview families of the kids who needed or still do need care there, raising for the past 6-7 years over one million dollars, going well over 13 million over the last 13 years they've done it. In 2010, a man walked in and left behind an envelope and said to not open it until they had a "power hour" or when the donations during that hour would have been matched. The man disappeared after leaving behind the envelope. When they finally opened it up, they found three dollars and a letter. In short, the letter said that the man was homeless and that was all the money he had. They had thought he was construction worker from near by.

I think my heart just melted and broke at the same time.
Last edited by Valerie on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby NobodySpecial » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:39 pm

This makes me happy.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll
NobodySpecial

Postby Freemage » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:32 pm

You kids are cute, thinking you know cute.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby Kamino Neko » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Doc Harleen wrote:I'm also very happy for you, Kamino! That's always great, when an album you're looking forward to is coming out!

I wasn't really looking forward to it, is the thing, since I was only vaguely aware it was going to come out, so, getting firm information just a couple weeks before it came out just jumped me straight into squee mode. :lol:

(Here's one of the singles from it. This is why I love Tommy.)
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Doc Harleen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:21 pm

I love the cute baby animal battle! That is definitely a happy thing. Here are my contributions.

CJ: Those are my two favourite Big Bang Theory moments ever!!

Val: I think Bubbles and I can share the drawing peaceably. :D

Adrishiana: That is amazing. You have decided it for me. I am going to learn German.
Doc Harleen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion