Off-topic: Happy things

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

Postby Lia S » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:42 am

I’ve started describing my gender identity as femme+maverique. This feels very comfortable. So comfortable that I don’t care about the special snowflakeness of it.

(my pronouns have not changed: she/her)
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Valerie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:45 am

Whoa, looking at this Wiki, there's a lot of stuff I don't know. I'll need to look this over. Thanks for the link!

More importantly, I'm glad you've found something that suits you. <3
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Lia S » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Catching an unexpected glimpse of yourself in the mirror and thinking “Oh! Pretty!” sure is nice.

Also, some lost hair is growing back. Yay!
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Lia S

Postby Lia S » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:13 pm

I’m in love, and she is very much in love with me. She cares very much about communication and respect for boundaries, she loves taking care of me emotionally (and I love taking care of her), she has amazing writing talent, she is super cute, she is a lovely flirt, and I’ve never seen someone be THAT much in love with me. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that we’re on the west coasts of different continents, and that is only the first and most obvious of the complications, which I’m not going to list here. We won’t consider us “a thing” until circumstances change, and I don’t see how that would happen. Well, I have hope her episodes of suicidal thoughts will stop, she is doing better than before and I expect her to receive help soon, but that is the one complication that isn’t keeping us apart.

Things are complicated, but it is wonderful to know each other, we enjoy having what we do have.
Lia S

Postby mikbuster » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:34 pm

For a minute I wondered if you meant me :P sounds nice :) go you, go her

My migraine finally ended last night. It was, however, replaced by a different one this morning. This one hurts less but includes my typical "extremely light headed" symptom.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby Valerie » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Lia S wrote:I’m in love, and she is very much in love with me. She cares very much about communication and respect for boundaries, she loves taking care of me emotionally (and I love taking care of her), she has amazing writing talent, she is super cute, she is a lovely flirt, and I’ve never seen someone be THAT much in love with me. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that we’re on the west coasts of different continents, and that is only the first and most obvious of the complications, which I’m not going to list here. We won’t consider us “a thing” until circumstances change, and I don’t see how that would happen. Well, I have hope her episodes of suicidal thoughts will stop, she is doing better than before and I expect her to receive help soon, but that is the one complication that isn’t keeping us apart.

Things are complicated, but it is wonderful to know each other, we enjoy having what we do have.

I'm so happy for you, Lia! You're an awesome person, and you deserve to be so happy. <3
I hope everything works out for the best. Morgan and I started out long-distance, so don't be too discouraged by that.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby mikbuster » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:07 pm

mikbuster

Postby Valerie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:17 am

Damn, girl! Very good!

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby brasca » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:09 am

I finally got my Pixie Trix Kickstarter package. It took longer than usual since I ordered the complete set of Penny & Aggie books. While I'm fairly certain the site isn't going anywhere I can't be certain so it's good to have a physical copy I can read whenever I want.
brasca

Postby Pink Freud » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Doc says my heart is fine. In fact he described it as a"workhorse", a "V-8 engine in a VW beetle" (because of the MASSIVE weight loss I've been experiencing lately), and joked that he wished he could cut it out of me and study it in a lab.

So that.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Lia S » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:32 am

Someone I don’t know is building a very, VERY lgbtaiq+ friendly dating site. It lets you define your own pronouns (if you want to)!

So, if any of you are single, or polyamorous, or just looking for friends, there already are 122 members to choose from (wow!) and I’m one of them (WOW!). That’s more members than there are nice people on OkCupid.

I think I remember reading the owner didn’t want the link spread too far just yet, so if you want to know where it is, send me a PM.
Lia S

Postby mikbuster » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:34 pm

I... accepted a tentative offer for a job. It's in north Carolina, but it's a federal job with benefits and pays significantly more than I make now. Not necessarily something I want to do forever, but it should help me get to where I need to be :) Now to pass their background check and see if I qualify for a security clearance. Since the shadiest thing I've ever done is change my name, I should be good.
mikbuster

Postby Lia S » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:58 am

Lia S wrote:Someone I don’t know is building a very, VERY lgbtaiq+ friendly dating site. It lets you define your own pronouns (if you want to)!

So, if any of you are single, or polyamorous, or just looking for friends, there already are 122 members to choose from (wow!) and I’m one of them (WOW!). That’s more members than there are nice people on OkCupid.

I think I remember reading the owner didn’t want the link spread too far just yet, so if you want to know where it is, send me a PM.

Because of this thing, I’m getting to know someone and I think he’s very charming.

Yes, I said “he”.

I don’t know if any romance is going to happen, but I wouldn’t mind at all.
Lia S

Postby Lia S » Mon May 02, 2016 4:22 am

I called the small town where I was born and told them I want my birth certificate changed. They’re digging it up now and will call me to tell me what they need from me. I’m pretty sure I'll need to show up in person and I know they need this letter from my therapist I have, so that call soon will be for an appointment.

I haven’t lived there since I was four, so going back won’t be the fun “hey look at all this stuff that did/didn’t change” experience.

It’s kinda funny to officially become a woman when I’m actually maverique, but it’s much better for me than being considered a man.
Lia S

Postby mikbuster » Mon May 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Yay! congrats, you!

I've completed a single day of training. I got a bit lost on the base and then didn't bother to remember where I parked, and training was mainly repeated security stuff, but still. Also, I kinda forgot to bring lunch, which wasn't a big deal to me. It'll be interesting being considered a safe person for the US government to give access to some information, eventually soon.
mikbuster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion