Off-topic: Happy things

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Off-topic: Happy things

Postby Doc Harleen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Hey folks, I don't know if this is terribly stupid or not, or if it's even okay to do such non-comic-related stuff, but I just thought I'd try it out.

Basically, this is an awesome board, full of intelligent, amazing, supportive people, and a number of us (present company included) seem to be going through a lot of difficult, unhappy things. These may be new things or lifelong things, but in every case, there's some pretty tough stuff (understatement!).

So I'm starting a thread where we can just share some things that make us happy. Things we like to do, or small victories, or things to look forward to, or whatever. Perhaps this will be a failed experiment, but I thought I'd give it a go, because quite frankly, I know I want to try doing some positive things for myself, and if there's anyone else who feels that way, then feel free to join in.

I'm looking forward to making pork chops in Strongbow sauce for my in-laws on Saturday (it's my mum-in-law's birthday dinner at ours), hosting movie night for another couple on Sunday, and having the day off on Monday. Oh yes, and Thursday nights I get to listen to BBC Radio 2's late-night "Feelgood Friday." I always enjoy that.
Doc Harleen

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

Postby Valerie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:30 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D

MARRY ME.

This is the best idea ever omg.

Y'know what's always great? Puppies. Srsly, Google-imaging any baby animal can fix so many bad moods.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Kamino Neko » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Hmm. Good things...good things.

Music. Music is a good thing. My favourite artist is releasing a new album at the end of the month, but I doubt anyone but me would care about that. (Still...*squee* More Tommy!) But, music in general is good, anyway.
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Valerie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm still nuts about Meg & Dia, as far as music goes. I gush about them so much that I'm not sure I've mentioned The Hush Sound yet. >_> I know I've mentioned Kerli, though.

And yes, I do listen to slightly more mainstream stuff, do I look like a hipster to you, GOOD DAY, MA'AM. HMPH.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Doc Harleen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Valerie wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D

MARRY ME.

Y'know what's always great? Puppies. Srsly, Google-imaging any baby animal can fix so many bad moods.

That is an awesome Google search. Puppies are indeed great! I'm also very happy for you, Kamino! That's always great, when an album you're looking forward to is coming out!

Omg Val, am I in your harem now? :D :D :D
Doc Harleen

Postby Kamino Neko » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Valerie wrote:And yes, I do listen to slightly more mainstream stuff, do I look like a hipster to you, GOOD DAY, MA'AM. HMPH.

Hey, I just squeed over a new album by a Japanese artist who could be argued to be fairly pretentious (the album is a double album, all the songs by her, but by two different personae)...I don't got room to judge there, girly!
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Valerie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 pm

Doc Harleen wrote:Omg Val, am I in your harem now? :D :D :D

You'd damn well better be. ;D

I guess this is as appropriate as recycled drawings get.

I hope Bubbles doesn't get jealous...

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby retrophrenologist » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:02 am

MARRY ME.

I see your cute puppies, and raise you baby penguins.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Adrishiana » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:04 am

I used to do a thing called Six Days Saturday elsewhere (LJ), but the habit kind of fell off in the last few months. It's not Saturday, but oh well.

1. My DecalGirl skins arrived today, a day earlier than planned. This is sort of shallow, I realize this - but dammit, I like colors.
2. A work issue is on its way to being resolved, and while they worked out the finer points I got some time to work on some stuff I'd been putting off for a while.
3. I learned a new word today! Apparently, the German word for the weight gained from emotional eating is "kummerspeck" which I am told literally translates to "grief bacon." Okay, that's sort of depressing, but... grief bacon.
4. I made dinner tonight and did not burn anything, or the house down.
5. GRIEF BACON
6. I got chocolate yesterday!

... grief bacon
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Valerie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 am

retrophrenologist wrote:

MARRY ME.

Oh yeah?

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Valerie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:07 am

Adrishiana wrote:I used to do a thing called Six Days Saturday elsewhere (LJ), but the habit kind of fell off in the last few months. It's not Saturday, but oh well.

1. My DecalGirl skins arrived today, a day earlier than planned. This is sort of shallow, I realize this - but dammit, I like colors.
2. A work issue is on its way to being resolved, and while they worked out the finer points I got some time to work on some stuff I'd been putting off for a while.
3. I learned a new word today! Apparently, the German word for the weight gained from emotional eating is "kummerspeck" which I am told literally translates to "grief bacon." Okay, that's sort of depressing, but... grief bacon.
5. GRIEF BACON

... grief bacon

Oooh, who was it from!?

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby retrophrenologist » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:09 am

Valerie wrote:
retrophrenologist wrote:

MARRY ME.

Oh yeah?

Don't play unless you bring your game, missy.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Adrishiana » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:10 am

Valerie wrote:
Adrishiana wrote:I used to do a thing called Six Days Saturday elsewhere (LJ), but the habit kind of fell off in the last few months. It's not Saturday, but oh well.

5. GRIEF BACON

... grief bacon

Oooh, who was it from!?

My mother XD
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Valerie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 am

retrophrenologist wrote:
Valerie wrote:
retrophrenologist wrote:

MARRY ME.

Oh yeah?

Don't play unless you bring your game, missy.

You mean like this? <3

Adri: Ooh, a cougar!

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:24 am

Tamar and I decided to do something a bit different for Valentine's Day and went for breakfast (roomy and quiet) instead of dinner (crowded and noisy). We had Belgian waffles with fresh fruit and vanilla ice cream.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Next

Return to General Discussion