Off-topic: Happy things

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Off-topic: Happy things

Postby Pink Freud » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Good luck Val!
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby mikbuster » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:52 pm

May the Force be with you, always
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby svenman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 am

You go, Val! Rock that farmer's market. :)
svenman

Postby Valerie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes!

So it was actually from 10 until 1, not until 3, and the weather was icky today (super windy and cloudy), but I still made $36! That's not too bad for three hours in gross weather, I think. It was my first one, though, so I don't know how it normally goes.

My boss also said i can sell lollipops at the store. :D So that's pretty neat.

I'm gonna have enough money to open this cafe in no time. 8)
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Valerie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Okay, so my brother-in-law is a nice person, but let me just say: he lived with us for a couple years and never once cleaned his room, which he and his big dog lived in. And he didn't clean it when he moved out a couple months ago. I got the bulk of the garbage, cardboard boxes, dust, dog hair, soda cans, etc. cleaned out today, and I feel super accomplished (and much better after a shower). It's gonna be my office once I get it properly cleaned up and all my stuff moved up there, so I'm really glad to have made so much progress today. :D

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby Valerie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:14 am

Continuation from last post: I got it all the way cleaned up! It took a lot of gagging and like eight hours of work, but it's soooo much better now, and I've got a lot of my stuff up there. Still some more to move, but I'd say it's probably over 50% complete right now.

Oh, and also I burned my eyes and filled my lungs with incense smoke. I had to do SOMETHING to get rid of the smell, so I burned seven (SEVEN) lavender incense sticks at the same time. It smelled like incense smoke pretty strongly for a couple days, but that's so much better than it was. :lol:

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:47 am

Dangit I used to know a really good country remedy for a smelly room like that but now I've forgotten it.

On a similar (somewhat funnier) note, for the last month or so I've been afraid I was in danger of a stroke because I keep having olfactory hallucinations, specifically of smelling vanilla where there is none, and it's been freaking me out.

Then yesterday I turned on my air conditioner and suddenly remembered that it only really happens in my truck, and then remembered buying that air freshener that clips onto the air conditioner when my niece complained that my truck smelled like cigarettes.

And I quit smoking over two years ago. THAT'S HOW MUCH I SMOKED.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Valerie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am

Omg, Pink. :lol:

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Valerie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:57 pm

1. I got a new job! I start on April 2nd as an inpatient pharmacy tech. Mixin' IV bags and such. No more stupid insurance and angry patients for me!!! And it pays better!!!
2. I'm playing Butterfly Soup and I freaking love it. It's got LGBT, POC, and disabled characters and it's all just so good.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby mikbuster » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 pm

way cool
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby CEOIII » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:13 am

Valerie wrote:1. I got a new job! I start on April 2nd as an inpatient pharmacy tech. Mixin' IV bags and such. No more stupid insurance and angry patients for me!!! And it pays better!!!
2. I'm playing Butterfly Soup and I freaking love it. It's got LGBT, POC, and disabled characters and it's all just so good.

1. YAY GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT!!!!! Good to know you'll be able to eat on a regular basis.
2. *googles Butterfly Soup*.....I am intrigued, although the titular dish sounds nasty. Aren't butterflies supposed to taste terrible?
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby Alice Macher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Congratulations, Val. Escaping from retail is a great thing for those lucky enough to do so.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Valerie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Alice Macher wrote:Congratulations, Val. Escaping from retail is a great thing for those lucky enough to do so.

God, telllll me about it. The insurance always wants to play stupid games, the doctors are always screwing up directions and quantities, and the patients have no idea how any of this stuff works so they just get frustrated and take it out on us no matter how much we try to explain it. At least now I'll only have to deal with the doctor part, and they'll be in the hospital, so hopefully it'll be easier to get in touch with them to fix mistakes.

And it pays $6 more an hour than my current job. And it's full time with benefits.

So yeah, I'm pretty stoked.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Rock and roll, Val!
Pink Freud

Postby Valerie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 am

I've been binging Steven Universe and I'm in love with it.

As usual.

Valerie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion