Actually On-Topic: SOPA protests.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Actually On-Topic: SOPA protests.

Postby Valerie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 pm

I feel this deserves its own off-topic thread. Just making sure everyone is aware of it. (So if you need to use any of those sites, try and get it in within the next few hours.)

[P.S. This is T. I edited the title of this message, just this once, to reflect information Val wasn't aware of.]
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Re: Off-Topic: SOPA protests.

Postby TCampbell » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Funny you should mention that. Refresh the QUILTBAG homepage if you're still seeing the unaltered logo.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Kamino Neko » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:38 pm

The logo switch seems to have come with replacing the comic with the last one, for the record.
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby TCampbell » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Went through a rough patch there, but I think it's fully functional now. Thanks for the heads-up.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Re: Actually On-Topic: SOPA protests.

Postby TCampbell » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:18 am

From the Facebook page:

By now you might have noticed what we've done to the title of QUILTBAG today. There are similar announcements on my other sites. You've probably also seen a bit about SOPA and/or PIPA already. If not, you have the Internet to help you research them! At the moment.

I just wanted to spell out how this affects QUILTBAG directly. You may think we're simply throwing our site behind a worthy cause, and I'd like to think that's the kind of people we are. But we do have something at stake this time. QUILTBAG would be a less honest, less relevant strip if it were not able to make references to movies like THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER and songs like "Drops of Jupiter."

Those references sometimes include quotations or image clips, which we consider to fall under "fair use" as it's defined in America today. But it's difficult to get everyone to agree on what "fair use" is, especially when lobbyists are spending as much as they are in Washington to get it defined as narrowly as possible.

We're not blind to the problems of piracy. But without comprehensive copyright reform, this legislation will simply criminalize America's newest, most vital entertainment industry, at the jealous whim of a slightly older one.

If you want not only our comic, but all comics, to have a better, brighter future, share your feelings with your Congressmen today.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Valerie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 pm

T, I love you. :D <3
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Adrishiana » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 pm

No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Return to General Discussion