11/09/11 - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Re: 11/09/11 - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Postby sun tzu » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:02 am

I kinda took the "like that'll last" to mean "she's in college now, relationships from before won't matter". But the other interpretations did occur to me.

maritza wrote:Honestly if someone said they took an entire hour picking a lipstick I'd roll my eyes so hard I'd probably sprain them.

...Yeah. Doesn't exactly sound reasonable, and Rarity's my 2nd-favorite pony.

Ollie wrote:You know, I would really like to see what Lisa in love would be like. :o

True. We've seen her with crushes, but...

EDIT because the image displays correctly now.
sun tzu

Postby Sri » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:05 am

Snarfle wrote:
retrophrenologist wrote:
Tamar wrote:
Honestly, I'm kind of put off by Jade here. "Like that'll last?" What exactly does she mean by that? "Lisa is too goofy to keep a man?" "Relationships with men never work?" "I'm going to rock her world so hard that she'll turn gay for me?"

I'd guess it's more the second or third one. The first one would be at odds with the fact that Jade seems very interested in Lisa.

It will be like an all-female version of this classic Hark, A Vagrantstrip. :lol:

So basically:

I would just like to add my admiration to your collection now.
If men had wings and bore black feathers few of them would be clever enough to be crows. - Henry Beecher
Sri

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Snarfle wrote:
So basically:
[awesomeness]

Holy crap! A character based on me was used for a fan-comic!

I believe that this is the epitome of being famous. My life has been made.
Alice Macher wrote:CJ gets a shiny, gold-plated Internet and a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Hexr wrote:I think I'm in love with you, CJ. Hope you don't mind.
CJ

Postby Mr. Brightside » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:57 pm

sun tzu wrote:I kinda took the "like that'll last" to mean "she's in college now, relationships from before won't matter". But the other interpretations did occur to me.

D'oh. Now I feel really old not to remember that.
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Postby retrophrenologist » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Snarfle wrote:
retrophrenologist wrote:
Tamar wrote:
Honestly, I'm kind of put off by Jade here. "Like that'll last?" What exactly does she mean by that? "Lisa is too goofy to keep a man?" "Relationships with men never work?" "I'm going to rock her world so hard that she'll turn gay for me?"

I'd guess it's more the second or third one. The first one would be at odds with the fact that Jade seems very interested in Lisa.

It will be like an all-female version of this classic Hark, A Vagrantstrip. :lol:

So basically:

:shock: :mrgreen: Far better than I could ever have dreamed. The Sara panel, in particular.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Mr. Brightside » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:30 pm

It suddenly occurs to me that I think I've seen "premixed malt beverages" named "cherry delight" and "peach cobbler"...
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Postby Mec » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Pink Freud wrote:Well, to be truthful, even if she's with Stan she's most likely not "with Stan".

Yes. Lisa is open for another relationship, her current relationship notwithStanding.
"The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons be all my sins remembered."
Mec

Postby Kamino Neko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:58 pm

... Boo.
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby MudFlap33 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Snarfle wrote:
So basically:
[awesomeness]

Wow. Just, wow. Snarfie, you are *definitely* one of my internet crushes.
adamiani wrote:Hormones are the real unsung heroes of this series!
MudFlap33

Postby FarkUp » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 pm

I interpreted Jade's comment as meaning 'please, as if college relationships are serious and long-term. Ha!'

Man, Sara's face in the last panel. She's looking pretty attention-starved herself (I'm wondering if this will become a recurring theme. Everyone needs some time in the spotlight and if Lisa's taking all of it, poor Sara will end up feeling pretty sad. Not only was Lisa the one-gal act during her impressions, but even in the one-on-one conversations Sara's attempting to have with other people, Lisa still ends up dominating. If Lisa is all the other dorm people want to talk about, Sara might get sick of that preeetty soon. Hopefully she won't end up resenting Lisa for it).

Snarfle, that was brilliant (for the most part, the sara sobbing part didn't sit well with me but the rest made me giggle pretty hard).
FarkUp

Postby Alice Macher » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:29 pm

If it does become a recurring thing, I'm hoping Lisa--who can be quite good at reading people in between her attention-craving antics--will see what's going on and make an active effort to include her in socializing and maybe even play her up so that her new friends see what a great person Sara is too.

Side note: although Sara changed her last name because of the libellous viral video, I'd think that at least one of her floormates would recognize her from Hot Lights, which wasn't so long ago that I'd expect it to be completely forgotten. If the "Yeah, Bitches!" stunt was one of the leading "trending topics" on Twitter, that must mean the show had a sizeable audience. Plus, Sara dressed on the show as she dresses now, in a distinctive glam/alt style. So...no one recognizes her? Maybe someone at college will, down the road?
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby thaliat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Hrm...Jade kind of has a point...I don't remember any of my college buds that went into college in a relationship making it through more than the first year of college still with that person.

...but my boyfriend now did start out as one of those long distance things that, ironically, began in college. So I guess it could go either way for Lisa. I'm kind of surprised Jade isn't into Sarah. Or maybe Jade just likes the sex and is not looking so much for the relationship bit at the moment. It is college freshman year, not senior year, lol.
thaliat

Postby Adrishiana » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:16 am

It occurred to me earlier today that, while the lipstick comment was, hm, kind of banal, it was also probably a self-defensive maneuver: "I have to say something, but hell if I'm going to say something that can be used against me later, so here's a more or less pointless, harmless comment. TAKE THAT, NO LONGER PRESENT CAMERAS."
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby lokisdottir » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:18 am

Alice Macher wrote:If it does become a recurring thing, I'm hoping Lisa--who can be quite good at reading people in between her attention-craving antics--will see what's going on and make an active effort to include her in socializing and maybe even play her up so that her new friends see what a great person Sara is too.

Is she? I like Sara, but so far I see her more as an interesting character than an awesome person. She's got game, definitely, as a strategist and planner, and her continuing efforts to find love make for a sympathetic and relateable story, but I can't think of a whole lot of redeeming qualities off the top of my head. Penny and Aggie were the ones with passion and leadership, Lisa has sensibility, insight, and compassion, Katy Ann was constantly seeking a moral and spiritual life, Brandi was both zesty and genuinely nice, Michelle lived with her issues by devoting herself to others, etc. Sara, though, I see as being very close to Cyndi except with some morals, and I wasn't surprised at their mutual attraction. It'll be interesting to see if Sara will continue to swivel between "raging (beep)holes" and "female Archie Andrews," trying to escape her attraction to the former by running to the latter. In a very real sense Sara is running from her own shadow, trying to reject it, and I'm interested in seeing where her story goes. I don't know if I'd want to be friends with her, though.

Side note: although Sara changed her last name because of the libellous viral video, I'd think that at least one of her floormates would recognize her from Hot Lights, which wasn't so long ago that I'd expect it to be completely forgotten. If the "Yeah, Bitches!" stunt was one of the leading "trending topics" on Twitter, that must mean the show had a sizeable audience. Plus, Sara dressed on the show as she dresses now, in a distinctive glam/alt style. So...no one recognizes her? Maybe someone at college will, down the road?

Good point. I also wonder how Sara knows about the relationship between Lisa and Stan, if that's who it is. Maybe it turned more serious than casual sex, or maybe Sara overheard or guessed some things (phone calls, condoms and so on). The latter might make more sense, given how Sara doesn't sound entirely sure about Lisa's relationship status.
Alice Macher wrote:I hereby add lokisdottir to my Internet crushes. ♥

Valerie wrote:
Mbadb wrote:
danslepoubelle wrote:
Dang lokisdottir, post more often

I second that emotion.

Third. <3
lokisdottir

Postby Arky » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 am

I'm sure we'll see someone recognise Sara from Hot Lights, and probably sooner rather than later. T wouldn't miss that. But it makes sense to get the character introductions out of the way before leaping straight into "OMG it's the girl from that crappy reality show. YEAH BITCHES!"

Also, fifteenthing the praise for Snarfle's comic. That was awesome.
Arky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion