11/09/11 - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

11/09/11 - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Postby Kamino Neko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 pm

I kind of feel sorry for Sara. Poor girl's worldview has been overturned like an applecart in a cheesy car chase scene.

On the other hand, her worldview was kind of condescending, so not all that much.

'I think she's got a boyfriend'...hmm...is Sara misunderstanding the thing Lisa's got with Stan? (Hmm...T's said that continued a bit into college, so I guess she must be...) Go get 'er, Jade!
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Re: 11/09/11 - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Postby NobodySpecial » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:13 pm

I foresee a lot of tension between Sara and Lisa, especially since Lisa is currently with someone and Sara isn't.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll
NobodySpecial

Postby Aaron » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Ugh. Freshmen.

Hey, I was just as lame as they were, once upon o' time (like, 3 years ago. I gotta get over myself)
This is the only forum I go to where I don't have a pic for a sig. You can thank me later.
Aaron

Postby Pink Freud » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Just as I always thought. Lisa wouldn't belong to any clique that would accept her as a member.
Pink Freud

Postby Arky » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Lisa is going to be insufferable for a while with all this encouragement. I would say "it will be interesting to see how she grows" but we've seen what becomes of her, so I'm pretty sure that nothing is going to humble her.

Luckily I'm pretty sure Sara will grow beyond this rather shallow phase. Wow, a dozen shades of lipstick to choose from, so interesting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I assume that's Temperance's open door in the distance that has attracted Sara's gaze, so we're in for More Awkward....
Arky

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Heh. Jade's jonesing for some Lisa-loving harder than Sara was for some Temperance-loving. This is gonna be good. *orders popcorn in advance*
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Kamino Neko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:19 pm

If I may offer one teeny tiny criticism of the art, though. Val and Jules look angry as they exit the room, with the tightly closed fists, and stiff-ish posture.

Kamino Neko

Postby maritza » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:22 pm

Honestly if someone said they took an entire hour picking a lipstick I'd roll my eyes so hard I'd probably sprain them.
Power Nap: Wake up and smell the FUTURE.

http://www.powernapcomic.com
maritza

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 pm

maritza wrote:Honestly if someone said they took an entire hour picking a lipstick I'd roll my eyes so hard I'd probably sprain them.

It's a claim I would've expected more from early Penny. Or, even more so, from Meg. :?
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Adrishiana » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Wouldn't the same shade of lipstick look wildly different on two people with coloring as different as Sara and Lisa's (i.e. not immediately recognizable as the same shade)?
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Kamino Neko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 pm

maritza wrote:Honestly if someone said they took an entire hour picking a lipstick I'd roll my eyes so hard I'd probably sprain them.

Me too.

And speaking of eyes...anyone else think that Lisa carries around blue contact lenses just in case she'll get a chance to do her Optimus Prime impression?

And speaking of spurious segues... <_< >_>

Kamino Neko

Postby Valerie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Kamino Neko wrote:If I may offer one teeny tiny criticism of the art, though. Val and Jules look angry as they exit the room, with the tightly closed fists, and stiff-ish posture.

I AM JUST SO PISSSSSEEEDDDDD. How DARE Lisa make fun of-- I actually didn't understand any of the references, but STILL ANGRY. *stomps away*

Adrishiana: It kinda depends on the lipstick and how thickly/thinly it's applied. (Also depends on their natural lip colors, which I don't think we really know at this point. Lisa doesn't have defined lips, but we can assume her lips are not the same color as the rest of her skin, since that doesn't seem to really happen. Sara's just always wearing lipstick, so who knows her natural lip color?)

Honestly, I'm kind of put off by Jade here. "Like that'll last?" What exactly does she mean by that? "Lisa is too goofy to keep a man?" "Relationships with men never work?" "I'm going to rock her world so hard that she'll turn gay for me?"
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Kamino Neko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Most likely 'she's gone off to college, and it doesn't seem like he's here, and LDRs never last'.

(As someone who's done a couple, while I don't think they're inherently doomed, but they are hard, and school's the kind of stressor that'd be more than a slight complication.)

Kamino Neko

Postby Tamar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Valerie wrote:
Kamino Neko wrote:If I may offer one teeny tiny criticism of the art, though. Val and Jules look angry as they exit the room, with the tightly closed fists, and stiff-ish posture.

I AM JUST SO PISSSSSEEEDDDDD. How DARE Lisa make fun of-- I actually didn't understand any of the references, but STILL ANGRY. *stomps away*

All right! Bonus DVD commentary from one of the characters themselves. It's like a foretaste of Quiltbag Plus! :D

Honestly, I'm kind of put off by Jade here. "Like that'll last?" What exactly does she mean by that? "Lisa is too goofy to keep a man?" "Relationships with men never work?" "I'm going to rock her world so hard that she'll turn gay for me?"

I'd guess it's more the second or third one. The first one would be at odds with the fact that Jade seems very interested in Lisa.
Rebhel wrote:I happen to like Lisa BECAUSE of the way she speaks. If you don't get her, oh well... you are the one missing out.

Go ask Alice; I think she'll know.
Tamar

Postby Valerie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:47 pm

Kamino Neko wrote:Most likely 'she's gone off to college, and it doesn't seem like he's here, and LDRs never last'.

(As someone who's done a couple, while I don't think they're inherently doomed, but they are hard, and school's the kind of stressor that'd be more than a slight complication.)

Oh, yeah, it could be that, I guess. My husband and I started out long distance, so Jade can suck it. ;_;

Tamar: :D
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Next

Return to General Discussion