11/04/11 - And we're done.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Re: 11/04/11 - And we're done.

Postby Jason Waltrip » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:53 pm

nymosy wrote:when are you people going to learn that jason hates drawing this comic and cuts every single corner he can just to get the pages out of the way

i like to imagine him as a malfunctioning artbot designed with T's alien tech prowess

:shock: How did you know?!! Are you tom-peeping into my windows? Stop reading my mind! Get out of my head!
Jason Waltrip

Postby Alice Macher » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Wait...T's an alien? Or does he just have access to alien tech? I must know. For...ah...peaceful purposes. Yeah, let's go with that.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby nymosy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Jason Waltrip wrote:
nymosy wrote:when are you people going to learn that jason hates drawing this comic and cuts every single corner he can just to get the pages out of the way

i like to imagine him as a malfunctioning artbot designed with T's alien tech prowess

:shock: How did you know?!! Are you tom-peeping into my windows? Stop reading my mind! Get out of my head!

unfortunately for you i speak fluid artbot beep boop whrrrrr beep beep

Alice Macher wrote:Wait...T's an alien? Or does he just have access to alien tech? I must know. For...ah...peaceful purposes. Yeah, let's go with that.

have you not been listening because i have been positing from the moment i arrived that judging from the dialogue in this comic the author must be from another planet as no human would actually think other humans speak like these characters

has your attachment to the inhuman construction called lisa blinded you or is he just exceptionally good at masking The Truth
nymosy

Postby mindstalk » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Mo wrote:I also think if "bug eyes" are part of the style, then it needs to be consistent throughout characters. Sara, being half Asian, should imho not have bigger eyes than the Caucasian etc cast members... it just doesn't make sense.

Rant over. Sorry.

Asians having narrow eyes is a stereotype with only a loose connection to reality, AFAICT. Lots of Caucasians have narrow/slitted/squinty eyes. Lots of Asian have 'big' eyes, with a bit of fold on the side. Heck, maybe it's makeup or practice, but young Japanese women have some of the biggest eyes I've seen...

Nymosy, why do you read the comic?
mindstalk

Postby Pumblenuts » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:32 pm

I can't tell you how many meetings that I've ended in that Lisa-question way. :)

In modern cinema, the best Lisa-question posed during a meeting that I can recall is Pvt. Joker in with his journalist platoon, hearing about the terrible results of the Tet Offensive, he then quipped:

"Does that mean Ann Margaret isn't coming?"

Hey, he just wanted to clarify. :evil:
Pumblenuts

Postby Pink Freud » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:38 pm

mindstalk wrote:
Mo wrote:Nymosy, why do you read the comic?

That is a mystery that paleontologists will still be studying centuries from now...
Pink Freud

Postby Alice Macher » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:40 pm

nymosy wrote:have you not been listening because i have been positing from the moment i arrived that judging from the dialogue in this comic the author must be from another planet

See, if that were true, that would as far as I'm concerned make the comic even cooler. Like ten times cooler. 8) How many other extraterrestrials have proven themselves capable of writing a comic? None, that's how many. Advantage: T.
Alice Macher

Postby Kamino Neko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Alice Macher wrote:Like ten times cooler. 8)

Ten times? Not 20%?
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Alice Macher » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 pm

No, 20% would be if T were a pony.
Alice Macher

Postby unavoidablytiger » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:29 am

Alice Macher wrote:No, 20% would be if T were a pony.

Why thank you Alice, I needed a challenge. :wink: Ahem.

Twenty.

Percent.

Cooler.

unavoidablytiger

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:34 am

@unavoidablytiger: Dude. If this board had some sort of karma or rep system, I wouldn't be able to give you enough for this. :D
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Valerie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:59 am

X3 Nicely done, Tiger.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Mo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:54 am

mindstalk wrote:
Mo wrote:I also think if "bug eyes" are part of the style, then it needs to be consistent throughout characters. Sara, being half Asian, should imho not have bigger eyes than the Caucasian etc cast members... it just doesn't make sense.

Rant over. Sorry.

Asians having narrow eyes is a stereotype with only a loose connection to reality, AFAICT. Lots of Caucasians have narrow/slitted/squinty eyes. Lots of Asian have 'big' eyes, with a bit of fold on the side. Heck, maybe it's makeup or practice, but young Japanese women have some of the biggest eyes I've seen...

It's not just Sara though. It's Sara and Lisa. ALL new characters have a completely different style of eyes compared to these two, it's not even just the size.

AH WELL never mind.
Mo

Postby unavoidablytiger » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:45 am

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:@unavoidablytiger: Dude. If this board had some sort of karma or rep system, I wouldn't be able to give you enough for this. :D
Valerie wrote:X3 Nicely done, Tiger.

Well thank you. ^_^ I cheated a bit, though. ---> http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Po ... -254295904
unavoidablytiger

Previous

Return to General Discussion