Page 2 of 42

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:57 am
by Lia S
Is Lisa aware of Discordianism? If so, does she consider herself a Discordian or is there some mismatch between that philosophy and her own? What is or would be her Discordian name?

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:27 pm
by TCampbell
Lia S wrote:Is Lisa aware of Discordianism? If so, does she consider herself a Discordian or is there some mismatch between that philosophy and her own? What is or would be her Discordian name?


To my understanding, Discordian names are chosen purely randomly, but if Lisa decided to choose one she'd probably go with "Lisa Winklemezer."

(Her actual name is "Lisa Winklemeyer.")

Lisa approves of the Principia Discordia. She resists labels, but given Discordianism's extremely loose structure as I understand it, it's something she might get into further now that she's at college. It wouldn't have been something she pursued much in high school, where her best bud wouldn't have appreciated it.

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:50 pm
by Lia S
TCampbell wrote:
Lia S wrote:Is Lisa aware of Discordianism? If so, does she consider herself a Discordian or is there some mismatch between that philosophy and her own? What is or would be her Discordian name?


To my understanding, Discordian names are chosen purely randomly, but if Lisa decided to choose one she'd probably go with "Lisa Winklemezer."

(Her actual name is "Lisa Winklemeyer.")


The only rules seem to be that they often have titles (lord, reverend, etc) and aren't similar to the real names. Of course breaking those rules is fine, that's what rules are for.

Lisa approves of the Principia Discordia. She resists labels, but given Discordianism's extremely loose structure as I understand it, it's something she might get into further now that she's at college. It wouldn't have been something she pursued much in high school, where her best bud wouldn't have appreciated it.


Anyone can call herself a Discordian, even when one disagrees with something in the Principia. Loose structure indeed.

(The Principia is what helped me stop being a stuck-up atheist and also what introduced me to the concept of liberal religion)

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:42 pm
by Twitcher
This is more a Penny and Aggie thing, but do Aggie and Lisa still keep in touch? And will we see Lisa develop more frendships and relationships alongside Sara, or is the comic more Sara-centric?

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:36 pm
by TCampbell
Twitcher wrote:This is more a Penny and Aggie thing, but do Aggie and Lisa still keep in touch? And will we see Lisa develop more frendships and relationships alongside Sara, or is the comic more Sara-centric?


The series definitely has more to say about Lisa. As for whether Lisa and Aggie "keep in touch," well, it's been about two hours since she arrived on campus. Little soon to say.

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:34 pm
by Valerie
Is it safe to assume that all the characters are now 18+? (Sometimes people graduate high school early and such, but I think Lisa and Sara were normally paced, right?)

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:26 am
by TCampbell
Valerie wrote:Is it safe to assume that all the characters are now 18+? (Sometimes people graduate high school early and such, but I think Lisa and Sara were normally paced, right?)


Yeah.

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:07 pm
by Ollie
aaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd PORN.

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:15 am
by Valerie
Ollie wrote:aaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd PORN.


And now there's a me-character. I could have a threesome with Sara and Lisa and it would be canon!
I am seriously way more excited about this than I should be.

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:19 am
by Zanosuke Kurosaki
Valerie wrote:
Ollie wrote:aaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd PORN.


And now there's a me-character. I could have a threesome with Sara and Lisa and it would be canon!
I am seriously way more excited about this than I should be.


I could start a musical exchange program with Lisa, and it would be canon. =D
No worries. I was fanboy "squee!"ing and bouncing in my seat when I realized that was me. =D

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:46 am
by Valerie
I'm still all smiley and giggly. I immediately went to Facebook to make a post about it, then practically shoved my husband's face into the monitor.

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:55 am
by sun tzu
Ollie wrote:aaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd PORN.

Yyyyes, there was absolutely none of that before.

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:48 pm
by Ollie
Not like this will be, it hasn't. 8)

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 am
by Zanosuke Kurosaki
T: Did Lisa recognize the musical reference, in the strip for 10-31-11? And is she the type to do something like a weekly/daily/whenever musical exchange program?

Jason: I loved the work you did on that strip. In fact, my girlfriend also passes along her compliments. She said you did a good job of making ("me") "look quite cute." You rock, sir!

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:22 pm
by TCampbell
Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:T: Did Lisa recognize the musical reference, in the strip for 10-31-11? And is she the type to do something like a weekly/daily/whenever musical exchange program?

Jason: I loved the work you did on that strip. In fact, my girlfriend also passes along her compliments. She said you did a good job of making ("me") "look quite cute." You rock, sir!


I think so, and very very likely.