QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

Postby bridgetvoid » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:21 pm

TCampbell wrote:
Valerie wrote:Does Lisa actually find the things she's saying tonight, erm, attractive? Or is she just being silly? Or is this just your way of keeping it relatively clean for us?

Also, does the person she's on the phone with (Stan or not) find this attractive?

Lisa is experimenting a bit-- she's only had a little phone sex before this. The person she's talking to doesn't have a specific fetish for tales of interfacing ponytails and multiplying arms, but he likes her mind, and for him this is just different enough to be spicy. She knows certain directions not to take the fantasy in-- his total turn-offs, in other words.

Incidentally, Lisa is in her indie plaid underwear because it makes her feel sexy. If your phone-sex partner says "What are you wearing?", it helps to have a good answer ready.

ok this may go down as the dumbest question asked on the board, but what are indie underwear?
bridgetvoid

Postby TCampbell » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Well, I meant the plaid patterns that I often see in indie fashions, applied to underwear.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby bridgetvoid » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 pm

TCampbell wrote:Well, I meant the plaid patterns that I often see in indie fashions, applied to underwear.

ah gotcha. i wasn't sure if you meant lisa was an etsy-hollic or was so anti corporations that she was making her own stuff or something
bridgetvoid

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Okay, Quae nocent docent is visible, but what's the motto partially obscured by Lisa's sneaker?
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Jason Waltrip » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Alice Macher wrote:Okay, Quae nocent docent is visible, but what's the motto partially obscured by Lisa's sneaker?

There are two other Latin phrases that I like to quote often: Carpe Diem and Caveat Emptor. The first means "seize the day" the second is "buyer beware." Although I like to jumble them into Carpe Emptor and Caveat Diem or "seize the buyer" and "beware the day."
Jason Waltrip

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:59 pm

CAVIEsomething, so it must be about guinea pigs. :P
Bo Lindbergh

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Jason Waltrip wrote:There are two other Latin phrases that I like to quote often: Carpe Diem and Caveat Emptor. The first means "seize the day" the second is "buyer beware." Although I like to jumble them into Carpe Emptor and Caveat Diem or "seize the buyer" and "beware the day."

Ahhh, inside joke. LOL. Thanks.
Alice Macher

Postby Kamino Neko » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:29 am

Jason Waltrip wrote:...Caveat Diem or ... "beware the day."

Good advice if that day happens to be March 15.

Lisa! Sara! Make some excuse to be back in Belleville on that day!
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:36 am

I've noticed that while College Freshman Lisa still enjoys her wordplay ("student booty"), as well as Internet meme-play ("ducking"), she no longer talks in chatspeak abbreviations and 4chanisms ("SRS," "U jelly?"). Is that deliberate on your part, as an indication she's moved on from that particular eccentricity? Was it to make her dialogue more comprehensible (I recall some cases where you translated, in the forum, what she'd said, for the benefit of those who had no idea)? Bit of both?
Alice Macher

Postby TCampbell » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Alice Macher wrote:I've noticed that while College Freshman Lisa still enjoys her wordplay ("student booty"), as well as Internet meme-play ("ducking"), she no longer talks in chatspeak abbreviations and 4chanisms ("SRS," "U jelly?"). Is that deliberate on your part, as an indication she's moved on from that particular eccentricity? Was it to make her dialogue more comprehensible (I recall some cases where you translated, in the forum, what she'd said, for the benefit of those who had no idea)? Bit of both?

It probably qualifies as "bit of both." In her new social environment, she's a much more central figure so far, and I think it's more important to her that she makes herself understood. It's definitely more important to me. Also, I didn't want her routines to get stale. I'm not saying she'll never break out another "eff-tee-dub," but I wouldn't look to her as the chatspeak dictionary.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Ameyal » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:11 am

Not sure if this has been asked but... are we gonna see any other characters from Penny & Aggie in the new style?
Not in the storyline per se, but as bonus images or something.
Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to :D

Shameless Plug-in :D
Ameyal

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:14 am

Ameyal wrote:Not sure if this has been asked but... are we gonna see any other characters from Penny & Aggie in the new style?
Not in the storyline per se, but as bonus images or something.

I second this. I think it'd be cool to have extra art days (love your stuff, Jason), and maybe even have little cameos. I mean, their friends are gonna come visit every now and then, right?
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby TCampbell » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:16 am

I'm using Jason at something close to capacity right now, so any "art days" in the near future are going to be substitutes for actual strips. That said, there are a couple weeks we usually take easy around Christmas.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:54 am

If it's not too much of a spoiler for the upcoming story, how badly did No Exit hurt and shake Sara? I came away from that storyline with the feeling it left some pretty bad emotional wounds on her that I get the impression she hasn't dealt with, and that some of her current behavior is an extension or result of not having dealt with it much yet.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby TCampbell » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:If it's not too much of a spoiler for the upcoming story, how badly did No Exit hurt and shake Sara? I came away from that storyline with the feeling it left some pretty bad emotional wounds on her that I get the impression she hasn't dealt with, and that some of her current behavior is an extension or result of not having dealt with it much yet.

I don't know if you can separate its effects on Sara from those of other events in her life. It gave her trust issues, but so did Daphne. It pushed her into a libido-shame cycle (get controlled by hormones, get ashamed as a result, let the self-loathing drive more hormone-controlled behavior, repeat), but so did Cyndi.
TCampbell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion