QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

Postby Kamino Neko » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:03 pm

And then trying to avoid being barred from every Chotchkies restaurant in the state for staring creepily intensely at the wait staff 'cuz 'it's research!'?
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby TCampbell » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:03 pm

DudeMyDadOwnsADealership wrote:Lisa have any opinions on Occupy Wall Street?

How about Sara?

Or Hank?

Lisa: The meme is the message. Mission accomplished.

Sara: I approve of what they're doing in general-- everyone should have the opportunities that my dad did-- but I wish they were a more centralized, structured group, with plans and leaders to articulate them. I get the whole mass-movement thing, but that seems like it only gets you so far.

Hank: It's a bunch of people who have largely fooled themselves into thinking they have more in common than they do, just because plutocrats make fun bad guys, and when you have fun bad guys it's easy to pretend to be united. "Hey, YOU think Osama bin Laden was a pretty rotten person? Me too! BESTIES FOREVER." But at least they're actually getting out in the world and making real people uncomfortable, instead of hiding behind the Internet. And some of them have the actual courage of their convictions. I kinda wish they hadn't invited the lazies and crazies to the party, but that would've made for a smaller group, and that wouldn't've grabbed as many headlines, would it? I don't know. Why do you even care what I think about this, anyway? Leave me alone.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Valerie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Ooh, I approve of this "characters answering" format.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Arky » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:40 pm

That answer tells you so much about the Hank character.

At the risk of being all inside baseball, I'd love to see those answers get into the strip and not just for us forum-goers. Maybe we see some other freshman (a contest winner?) asking Hank the question. Lisa and Sara's answers getting in as well would just be a bonus (but less important since we know the characters well already).
Arky

Postby Valerie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:06 am

T Bear, there's some discussion about the professor's lecture in the latest strip that I am totally not able to follow. Anyway, based on what I can gleam from it, it sounds like there's some disagreement? Is the professor's speech based on a speech you've heard or something?

And yes, T Bear. That's your name now.
Alice will be Ally Bear, Freemage will be Freebie Bear, Paps will be Papsy Bear, Adrishiana will be Adri Bear, etc., etc.

Not really. That would be kind of insufferable of me.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby TCampbell » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Arky wrote:That answer tells you so much about the Hank character.

At the risk of being all inside baseball, I'd love to see those answers get into the strip and not just for us forum-goers. Maybe we see some other freshman (a contest winner?) asking Hank the question. Lisa and Sara's answers getting in as well would just be a bonus (but less important since we know the characters well already).

Thing is, I don't really feel like I can weave that into the story in a way that's going to seem organic over the long term. I know Tea Party rallies still happen, but now that they're no longer the preoccupation of the moment it's weird to just bring them up in a storyline. I feel like OWS will seem similarly "dated" once election season heats up. But the bigger problem is that Hank is not really close to a lot of people, so I have a tough time imagining someone asking him this question.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby TCampbell » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Valerie wrote:T Bear, there's some discussion about the professor's lecture in the latest strip that I am totally not able to follow. Anyway, based on what I can gleam from it, it sounds like there's some disagreement? Is the professor's speech based on a speech you've heard or something?

And yes, T Bear. That's your name now.
Alice will be Ally Bear, Freemage will be Freebie Bear, Paps will be Papsy Bear, Adrishiana will be Adri Bear, etc., etc.

Not really. That would be kind of insufferable of me.

I'm not really sure where to start answering this question, honestly. "There's some disagreement" about the fundamental nature of thought and existence, yes. The professor's speech isn't based directly on lectures I've heard but tweaked from my memories of Philosophy 101.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Arouette » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 am

Valerie wrote:And yes, T Bear. That's your name now.

You realize that would make you Valley Bear, right? Like, OMG!
Arouette

Postby Valerie » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:10 am

Arouette wrote:
Valerie wrote:And yes, T Bear. That's your name now.

You realize that would make you Valley Bear, right? Like, OMG!

I get "Valley Girl" sometimes, too. D:
Considering how often I throw the word "like" around, that might not be too far off the mark.

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Fen » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:07 am

What are Lisa and Sara majoring in?
Fen

Postby TCampbell » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:27 am

Fen wrote:What are Lisa and Sara majoring in?

Undeclared.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Valerie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:53 am

So, the food thing today. A couple of things.
T, did you dictate to Jason what the food items would be? And Jason, I'm really sorry, can you tell us what that white stuff is on the plates? Salad dressing?

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby TCampbell » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:39 am

Valerie wrote:So, the food thing today. A couple of things.
T, did you dictate to Jason what the food items would be? And Jason, I'm really sorry, can you tell us what that white stuff is on the plates? Salad dressing?

Only the amounts, and that Lisa had a forkful of casserole at the end, there.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Jason Waltrip » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Valerie wrote:So, the food thing today. A couple of things.

No, I can't. It's probably something that was supposed to be colored but got overlooked in my haste to finish the page on time.
But if you want it to be salad dressing, that's fine by me.
Jason Waltrip

Postby Freemage » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Yeah, that totally looks like ranch dressing, on the side (the idea being that you just daintily dip the bites of salad in; given how little is on those two plates overall, I am a bit concerned about their eating habits).
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion