QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

Postby Valerie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Freemage wrote:Yeah, that totally looks like ranch dressing, on the side (the idea being that you just daintily dip the bites of salad in; given how little is on those two plates overall, I am a bit concerned about their eating habits).

I've known people who dip the tongs of their fork into the dressing, then pick up the lettuce with the fork to eat it. So it might be that.

And thanks for your response, Jason.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Adrishiana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Valerie wrote:
Freemage wrote:Yeah, that totally looks like ranch dressing, on the side (the idea being that you just daintily dip the bites of salad in; given how little is on those two plates overall, I am a bit concerned about their eating habits).

I've known people who dip the tongs of their fork into the dressing, then pick up the lettuce with the fork to eat it. So it might be that.

And thanks for your response, Jason.

I actually do that myself - I read it somewhere as a weight loss tip, so there you go, but it's also a good way to get the flavor of the dressing without totally drowning your food.
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Mr. Brightside » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:30 am

I've come up with all sorts of underhanded tricks, since because I (obviously) nearly always use vinaigrette, too much dressing will make the vegetables unbearably tart, and if it drips, the stains do not come out. (Of course, for the same reason, dipping the fork doesn't really work...)
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Postby Valerie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:44 am

T, does it ever make you feel self-conscious that we analyze every individual strip the way we do?

Mr. Brightside: When I use vinaigrette, I pour a little on top and then put a plate over the bowl and shake until it's evenly distributed.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Freemage » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:59 am

T.: There are some concerns re: "Big-Haired Lisa's Big Gay Holocaust" (the short story that she did for cree-wri that she seems to be writing with Hank in mind as one of the leads). The question, since we're not likely to ever actually see BHLBGH in print: Just how bad is it? Not on the technical side of things, but in terms of:

1: Trivializing the Holocaust specifically;
2: Trivializing homophobia more generally;
3: Fetishizing the Holocaust, gay men, or Hank specifically?
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Is that actually what Lisa is writing, or is it just what Sara thinks?
Bo Lindbergh

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:48 pm

We will be seeing Lisa and Sara's dorm-mates again in the coming weeks, won't we? I'm interested to see who ends up befriending who. :)
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby TCampbell » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Valerie wrote:T, does it ever make you feel self-conscious that we analyze every individual strip the way we do?

Mr. Brightside: When I use vinaigrette, I pour a little on top and then put a plate over the bowl and shake until it's evenly distributed.

Eh, it's part of the game! It's gotten so I need a few user comments in my life.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby TCampbell » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Freemage wrote:T.: There are some concerns re: "Big-Haired Lisa's Big Gay Holocaust" (the short story that she did for cree-wri that she seems to be writing with Hank in mind as one of the leads). The question, since we're not likely to ever actually see BHLBGH in print: Just how bad is it? Not on the technical side of things, but in terms of:

Who says you're not going to see it?
TCampbell
Site Admin

Re:

Postby TCampbell » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Bo Lindbergh wrote:Is that actually what Lisa is writing, or is it just what Sara thinks?

What Lisa is writing. Sara is summarizing the whole afternoon and evening: she got to hear Lisa read from it.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby TCampbell » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:We will be seeing Lisa and Sara's dorm-mates again in the coming weeks, won't we? I'm interested to see who ends up befriending who. :)

Heh, yeah, eventually.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Valerie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Are we going to find out who Sara's talking about when she says she hasn't gotten to first base since nine months ago?

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby FlyingFish » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 pm

TCampbell wrote:
Freemage wrote:T.: There are some concerns re: "Big-Haired Lisa's Big Gay Holocaust" (the short story that she did for cree-wri that she seems to be writing with Hank in mind as one of the leads). The question, since we're not likely to ever actually see BHLBGH in print: Just how bad is it? Not on the technical side of things, but in terms of:

I'm picturing something like that great Kirk Lazarus film...
FlyingFish

Postby Freemage » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:23 am

TCampbell wrote:

Of course, I see this right after I see that we're going to see it... after the New Year! "T. is for Tease"....
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby NobodySpecial » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:43 am

Will we see Kevin Machrie come back to direct the college's version of 'My Big Gay Hank Holocaust'?
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll
NobodySpecial

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion