QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

Postby TCampbell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 am

LookingIn wrote:Are all of the characters except Hank freshmen at MFU or are they are mixed bag of sophomores, juniors, and seniors?

All freshmen.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby TCampbell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 am

DaFlipp wrote:Now that it's ending, something I was always curious about...

When you did the open call for folks to send in inspiration for the supporting cast of QUILTBAG, I submitted one privately via email and FPM. Did you ever end up using that submission in any of your character designs? (There are a few characters that I thought might have elements of her, but I couldn't pin any of them down as absolutely inspired by her.)

P.S. Sad to see QUILTBAG go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Maybe I'll finally remember to give Fans or Guilded Age a look now...

Yes, for "Bob." It was certainly one of the more interesting character submissions, and had my original plan for the series borne fruit I would've appreciated planting that particular seed.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby DaFlipp » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:27 am

TCampbell wrote:Yes, for "Bob." It was certainly one of the more interesting character submissions, and had my original plan for the series borne fruit I would've appreciated planting that particular seed.

*nod* I'd suspected it was Bob when they were first introduced but wasn't completely sure. And, ah, damn, now I'm really sad QUILTBAG is ending! Still, thanks anyway.
DaFlipp

Postby mindstalk » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Surely Leah wasn't a freshman?
mindstalk

Postby Alice Macher » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:25 pm

"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Alice Macher wrote:Indeed, she isn't.

You know, I missed it the first time around, but I just noted Leah said how she "wished she'd managed her conflicts better." And now I'm drowning in irony, when I remember her conflicts with both Lisa and Sara. :lol:
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby LookingIn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Were you planning on using Chrissie again or was she gone for good after Lisa saw her in the quad?
LookingIn

Postby TCampbell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Ah, forgot Leah... and the other LAZ girls... and also Clarice: Hank wouldn't've had that kind of relationship with a freshman.

Also Iseul, Theo, Elizabeth, Professor Noton and Rene Descartes.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 pm

TCampbell wrote:

Ah, forgot Leah... and the other LAZ girls... and also Clarice: Hank wouldn't've had that kind of relationship with a freshman.

Wait, so Descartes wasn't a freshman?
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby LookingIn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:16 pm

TCampbell wrote:

Wait, you forgot officers Levan and Leroy!!!!

Thanks for being honest in the reply, I thought it could be a mixed year co-ed dorm
LookingIn

Postby thebitterfig » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Captain LeBubbles wrote:
TCampbell wrote:

Wait, so Descartes wasn't a freshman?

He wasn't fresh, HE WAS FROZEN!

*edit* I mean srsly, it must have been cold in that shack.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby Mr. Brightside » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 pm

TCampbell wrote:

...no comment.

(Froshy TAs are awesomeness.)
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Postby Valerie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm

You might have said already and I missed it or forgot, so I'll ask here: Do you have any plans of re-writing QB at some point, maybe after you've gotten into the characters more? Also, do you plan on writing anything new for a while, or are you going to take a break (because you are a busy guy and probably need a break)?
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby TCampbell » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 am

Valerie wrote:You might have said already and I missed it or forgot, so I'll ask here: Do you have any plans of re-writing QB at some point, maybe after you've gotten into the characters more? Also, do you plan on writing anything new for a while, or are you going to take a break (because you are a busy guy and probably need a break)?

I'll never say never, but it's hard for me to imagine getting the motivation together to resurrect QUILTBAG as such. I think I'm more likely to recycle the ideas I didn't execute for it as part of some future project.

I'm sort of taking a break from regular comics that I'm not co-writing or editing. I've clearly got to get away somewhat from the "20 minutes 'til deadline" style of production that ended up governing QUILTBAG: it's not the mode in which I do my best work. (I can't help it when editing Menage a 3 and Eerie Cuties, because Gisele definitely prefers to work close to deadline, though the Magick Chicks and Guilded Age scripts are usually finished a bit further out.)

I'm done writing my book On Crosswords, and aiming for a November release, and a few crossword collections of mine are being released through Puzzazz (the sci-fi-themed Crossworlds I finished last year, and some upcoming new puzzles themed around horror and comics).

For the most part, though, I'm looking forward to taking some time to relax and think out the next wave. In a little bit, I'll be posting some rough, pitch-level ideas.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Xeph » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 am

All I want to know is what Hank's deal was
Xeph

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion