QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: QUILTBAG Queries: Ask T and Jason

Postby DudeMyDadOwnsADealership » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 am

TCampbell wrote:
DudeMyDadOwnsADealership wrote:
TCampbell wrote:
Alice Macher wrote:Did Lisa end up majoring in Linguistics?

Communications.

Bet her parents were sooooo proud. Hope being the Masked Meme'er pays the rent.

Eh, it's not the least monetizable major. If you do it with some eye toward employment, it can prepare you for a career in marketing or web design, or you can just jump into a seemingly unrelated field (communication skills help in many careers). I know a couple of people who've done that.

Cool. As long as the Degree itself wasn't what was supposed to open doors. Entrepeneurship isn't something everyone is about, and Lisa always struck me as far more about her social life than career prospects. University College isn't cheap, and neither is private school. Fortunately, I can picture her being cool with a more frugal lifestyle than what her parents provided her growing up, unlike more than a few of her classmates from Belleville.
CDEDBD Ducks
DudeMyDadOwnsADealership

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I've been curious for a little while now. T, how did you manage to comic-Michael so similar to real-Michael? Because a lot of things he said and did in the strip, were quite close to things I would've said and done (and have, in some cases) back when I first started college, unthinking little twerp that I was.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby TCampbell » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:55 am

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:I've been curious for a little while now. T, how did you manage to comic-Michael so similar to real-Michael? Because a lot of things he said and did in the strip, were quite close to things I would've said and done (and have, in some cases) back when I first started college, unthinking little twerp that I was.

I'm gonna guess it had something to do with the quality of your notes and something to do with your similarity to me-at-that-age. I was really just wrestling to make the characters believable and entertaining from their starting point. That Chess quote provided a lot of Michael's early momentum.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby MudFlap33 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Question for T. Would you ever consider releasing a consolidated print edition of Penny and Aggie?
adamiani wrote:Hormones are the real unsung heroes of this series!
MudFlap33

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:42 pm

MudFlap33 wrote:Question for T. Would you ever consider releasing a consolidated print edition of Penny and Aggie?

That would be awesome. T could launch a Kickstarter to fund it. (The GA Kickstarter was a success, and even though it's been a while since P&A ended, it did have by far the biggest readership of any comic he's been involved with.) *gets money ready*
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby TCampbell » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:25 am

Guilded Age is finally knocking on Penny and Aggie's door, but it sure took its time getting there. Although if we're winding the scope to "comics I've been involved with," Menage a 3 is the unquestionable champion.

Gisele and I have talked this year about releasing a consolidated volume or two-volume set, and it's something I would love to do in principle. It fell by the wayside (along with a number of other plans) when we both had to deal with moving. Once her house hunt is settled down, we'll revisit this topic, possibly as an incentive for the Kickstarter project she's finally able to work on.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion