Revenge of Ask T Questions

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Re: Revenge of Ask T Questions

Postby mindstalk » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Alice Macher wrote:Fun fact: the (no-longer extant) DC Vertigo forum for Mike Carey's Lucifer series had a ginormous thread entirely devoted to the subject of tea: people's favourite varieties, how to brew them, that sort of thing.

Perhaps it was no coincidence that it, too, was one of the most civilized forums I've ever been on. (FTR, I was younger and shyer and just a lurker there, but one of our regulars here was, as he once told me privately, a regular there, albeit under a different name.)

Yeah, me. It was fun getting to reminisce with Alice about stuff I'd posted to and she'd read.

Read as a young'un. I may have had some small hand in Alice's corruption...
mindstalk

Postby Trefle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:03 pm

So forgive me for straightly asking a question..

I'm not sure if this question has been asked (so far as I remembered, no); and I won't attempt to probe beyond the comfort zone, so..
how...amicable was their breakup?
what about their whole group's reactions? What do they think about it? I mean, we know Daphne's reaction, and based from Sara's reaction at the reunion, it seems they haven't been talking for so long.
What happened with the group, then? Are they disbanding? How much awkwardness are abound?
Trefle

Postby TCampbell » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Trefle wrote:So forgive me for straightly asking a question..

I'm not sure if this question has been asked (so far as I remembered, no); and I won't attempt to probe beyond the comfort zone, so..
how...amicable was their breakup?
what about their whole group's reactions? What do they think about it? I mean, we know Daphne's reaction, and based from Sara's reaction at the reunion, it seems they haven't been talking for so long.
What happened with the group, then? Are they disbanding? How much awkwardness are abound?

I'm going to assume you mean Penny and Aggie's breakup. I'd say it wasn't TOO unfriendly, if only because we saw the seeds of it being planted.

In general, Michelle and Daphne disapproved of the relationship and were relieved when it was over. Fred took a neutral stance but was still a bit relieved. Sara was naturally disappointed, though not as obsessed with it as once she had been. The others were sad, and wary at social events that involved both parties.

The group was already losing some cohesion as they pursued different college choices, but most of its members remained together and enjoyed spending time with each other until graduation, with some sticking together until mid-to-late August.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Fen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Has all that social work managed to kill Shelly's inner homophobe?
Fen

Postby TCampbell » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:24 am

Fen wrote:Has all that social work managed to kill Shelly's inner homophobe?

Shelly's brand of homophobia is not the kind that would make her deny health services to open homosexuals. She's deeply uncomfortable with gayness, but for the most part she doesn't justify that discomfort as a moral position. That means she hasn't had to choose between two sets of beliefs, which means that for better and worse, her "inner homophobe" remains unchallenged.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby oenone » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:43 pm

By Six Septembers Later, has Helen reconciled with her sister?
Alice Macher wrote:
Oenone wins the thread.
oenone

Postby TCampbell » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:23 pm

oenone wrote:By Six Septembers Later, has Helen reconciled with her sister?

RK Milholland has carte blanche with Helen from here on out, whether or not he elects to use it. I'd say it seems likely, though.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 pm

TCampbell wrote:

RK Milholland has carte blanche with Helen from here on out, whether or not he elects to use it. I'd say it seems likely, though.

I asked Randy about the Helen plot at Web Comics Rampage a couple of weeks back, and he said he'll actually be getting back to her story arc (just that he can't give details because he doesn't want to ruin it.)
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Valerie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:
TCampbell wrote:

I asked Randy about the Helen plot at Web Comics Rampage a couple of weeks back, and he said he'll actually be getting back to her story arc (just that he can't give details because he doesn't want to ruin it.)

*squee!*
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Valerie wrote:
Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:
TCampbell wrote:

*squee!*

Randy was actually an awesome, funny, reasonable guy, and I honestly can't see why people give him even half the flak they do about his stories. :(
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Azrael44 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:07 pm

I stand by the opinion: Because people are asshats. :wink:
"A friend is one who stabs you in the front"~ O. Wilde

Politics: n. pl. From the Gk "polus" meaning many and the OE "ticia" meaning bloodsucking insect.
Azrael44

Location: The dark side of the moon, where the red fern grows

Postby Mung » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:59 am

I've always heard that as "People suck", but it's pretty much the same.
Weasels rip my flesh
Mung

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Was a teen pregnancy storyline ever on the table for P&A? If so, would it have been Melody's and Nick's story, or would it have involved any of the main, present-day cast?
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Mec » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Charisma's backstory looked like teen pregnancy to me.
"The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons be all my sins remembered."
Mec

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Mec wrote:Charisma's backstory looked like teen pregnancy to me.

...As I would've recalled were I not, apparently, missing a number of brain cells. :oops:
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion