Revenge of Ask T Questions

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Revenge of Ask T Questions

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:What the heck? T, did something change in the coding since the change-over? I can log-in with my PCs, but any time I try to use my mobile to log-in, I keep getting told there's an SQL error.

And on the same note, the last few times I tried to log in from a pc, I encountered the opposite problem (I can manage fine on my Nook).
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby TCampbell » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Zanosuke Kurosaki wrote:What the heck? T, did something change in the coding since the change-over? I can log-in with my PCs, but any time I try to use my mobile to log-in, I keep getting told there's an SQL error.

Someone else reported such an error in my e-mail. We're looking into it.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Adrishiana » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 am

I don't know if confirmation helps you guys out or anything, but I was one of the ones having trouble logging in on a desktop computer (but not my iPod Touch) and seem to be able to get in now. Thanks!
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby TCampbell » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 am

Adrishiana wrote:I don't know if confirmation helps you guys out or anything, but I was one of the ones having trouble logging in on a desktop computer (but not my iPod Touch) and seem to be able to get in now. Thanks!

Good!
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:23 am

And my 'droid is letting me log in properly aagain, now.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:03 pm

And I'm posting this from a desktop computer (when I'm supposed to be doing school stuff).
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby sun tzu » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm

You've mentioned that, when she was down on that pavement after the Marshall-Karen double whammy, Aggie's thoughts were going in suicidal directions.
If things had actually gone that way...How would it have affected Karen (and her crew? Barring Cyndi, who I imagine would have just giggled)?
sun tzu

Postby TCampbell » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:43 am

sun tzu wrote:You've mentioned that, when she was down on that pavement after the Marshall-Karen double whammy, Aggie's thoughts were going in suicidal directions.
If things had actually gone that way...How would it have affected Karen (and her crew? Barring Cyndi, who I imagine would have just giggled)?

(Sorry for taking this long to answer-- I've had an unbelievably busy week.)

I think it would've played out like Macbeth with a little bit of Othello thrown in. Karen would have told no one, and certainly not Marshall, that she had phoned Aggie shortly before the suicide. In her defense, she would try to protect Marshall from the guilt that was beginning to gnaw at her, by telling him Aggie's death was a traffic accident, rather than saying "she killed herself right after talking to you."

Marshall's later conversations with Nick would not disabuse him of this notion for a long while, because Nick would absolutely not want to talk about the circumstances of Aggie's death. Poor Nick would never be the same, and ironically, Charisma would take it upon herself to make sure he didn't give up on life entirely. As I'm sure you can imagine, her methods would be primarily physical, but it'd be the fact that she evidently cared for him underneath her superficial cool that'd actually give him a measure of his old spirit back. And he and Marshall would get closer.

Sam, Meg and even Charlotte would agree that it was a bad thing that this suicide happened, but it had nothing to do with them, really... their focus had been on Penny's crew. And Penny, Sara, Lisa, Fred and Daphne would have been too distracted by mourning to plan their counteroffensive, and without that plan Michelle would've been dead or hospitalized, which really would've finished Penny and Sara off as architects of Karen's destruction. Karen would've seemed triumphant for months.

But deep in Karen's heart, the image of Aggie's dead, tear-stained face would linger, a symbol of all the sins she'd committed to secure the alpha position she'd craved.

Cyndi would see it there. She'd wonder at first if Karen was like her, pushing people to suicide or self-destruction for the sheer joy of it, and this would lead her to some of the attraction, for similar reasons, that she displayed in "Final Curtain, First Kiss." She'd talk Karen into a steamy makeout session on video, a little somethin' to keep people talkin' about Karen, and it doesn't count as cheating if Karen's straight, right? Engineering the collapse of Karen and Marshall's relationship after that would be next, and it wouldn't even involve the video, though Karen might realize by then that it was potential blackmail. Cyndi would never use it: the unspoken threat of it would be a useful setup for further manipulations. At some point Cyndi would realize that Karen was too guilty, too empathetic, to truly be her peer, at which point Karen would simply be a victim. Cyndi's technique generally works on the part of the victim's mind that doesn't think the victim really deserves to be happy and strong. That part of Karen's mind has always been easy to spot, if you know her well.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Alice Macher » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:15 pm

TCampbell wrote:At some point Cyndi would realize that Karen was [...] too empathetic, to truly be her peer, at which point Karen would simply be a victim.

I imagine much the same would've happened if, in "Final Curtain, First Kiss," Sara had chosen Cyndi over Daphne. The difference is that Cyndi's realization about Sara would've come much sooner, given that Sara even at her most manipulative is a better person than Karen. And, as this was some time before "The New Reality," Sara wasn't much of a manipulator yet. So she would've been unprepared for what Cyndi would have done to her once she realized Sara wasn't her soulmate.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Trefle » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:28 am

That's....
.....really dark.

In a lighter tone; T, what did you do during Christmas and what will you do for NYE?
Trefle

Postby TCampbell » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Trefle wrote:That's....
.....really dark.

In a lighter tone; T, what did you do during Christmas and what will you do for NYE?

Christmas and New Year's are being spent with my roommate and friend of twenty years, and her daughter (my goddaughter), enjoying our quasi-family unit.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 pm

I prefer to think that he was blackmailed by Giuliani. :P
Bo Lindbergh

Postby TCampbell » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Calvin was perhaps a little more eccentric than actually brilliant, and Hollywood has a way of confusing the two when the box-office "evidence" falls in one direction or another.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Trefle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 am

T, I was wondering;

suppose if P&A were to be rebooted, set in this year or so.

What would be different? Would anything be different enough to alter the plot?
Trefle

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion