17-Jan-07: Fourteen pounds of awkward

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby leonardc » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:08 pm

I read something into the fact that this happened so soon after Helen overheard Sara's theory about Penny and Aggie. I'd bet a LOT that "Aggie's a lesbian" rumours are going to start flying around this school very shortly.

One thing I can imagine happening: first Penny starts spreading rumours about Aggie and Lisa, and then it blows up in her face when Helen starts spreading rumours about Aggie and PENNY - made more credible by the fact that Penny's rumours might make it look like she was hiding something, and by the fact that Penny's own close friends believe it.
leonardc

Postby daanton » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:10 pm

8) Any possibly from you out there that Aggie and Lisa might be faking their conversation for Penny's benefit and Penny's eventual further detriment?
Last edited by daanton on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daanton

Postby Freemage » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:12 pm

I think that's putting a little too much in-depth plotting, I think. Aggie's going for short-term release, not long-term destruction, at least not at this point.
Freemage

Postby Sebastian » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:48 am

Susanna wrote:Suddenly I'm imagining Kharisma, Marshall, Karen and Nick sitting down to dinner. Nick is trying to explain that his daughter's a bit late, because she's been busy---

---and Aggie, who's absolutely determined to ruin this entire affair (pun har har har), busts in with Lisa and shouts something along the lines of "Yeah, I was busy! With my GIRLFRIEND!"

...and then she notices Marshall at the table.

Don't give the evil cartoonists ideas.

They don't need them.
Sebastian

Postby iRobot » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:38 am

leonardc wrote:I read something into the fact that this happened so soon after Helen overheard Sara's theory about Penny and Aggie. I'd bet a LOT that "Aggie's a lesbian" rumours are going to start flying around this school very shortly.

One thing I can imagine happening: first Penny starts spreading rumours about Aggie and Lisa, and then it blows up in her face when Helen starts spreading rumours about Aggie and PENNY - made more credible by the fact that Penny's rumours might make it look like she was hiding something, and by the fact that Penny's own close friends believe it.

Yeah. This is what I find likely, too. Though Charlotte (?) is going to muck things up a bit, herself.
Kyn, aka Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion
-----
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution."
-- Caractacus Pott, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
iRobot

Postby Harrier » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:13 am

leonardc wrote:I read something into the fact that this happened so soon after Helen overheard Sara's theory about Penny and Aggie. I'd bet a LOT that "Aggie's a lesbian" rumours are going to start flying around this school very shortly.

But... but...

Penny's been humiliated already! :(
Never use an arm when a hand will do.
Never use a hand when a finger will suffice.
Harrier

Postby starkruzr » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:51 pm

Imagine this scene:

P&A have just finished getting into a screaming match after school. Penny has stormed off and is waiting at a bus stop. Tears are streaming down her face. Aggie has "won" and is feeling victorious... then sees Penny barely restraining sobs while waiting for the bus.

The feeling of vindication and glee cracks into a million pieces. Aggie is suddenly overwhelmingly sorry to have hurt Penny -- really hurt her -- like this.

Aggie walks over.

"Um."

"Go away."

"I didn't mean to say it like that."

"Bull. I think we both know exactly how you feel."

"... maybe we don't."

Aggie moves closer. She puts a tentative hand on Penny's bare shoulder. She can feel her shudder at the contact and pull away. For some reason, Aggie feels a hollow dent in her chest at Penny's reaction.

"Don't you touch me, you witch."

"Penny... I'm sorry." Aggie's eyes are wide, sincere, and welling with tears. Penny is speechless. The two stand there staring at each other for a moment, not knowing what to do or say to each other. Something powerful, angry, sad, happy, and above all electric is passing between the two girls. Some distant, objective part of Penny's mind notices that in the past few seconds the two have closed the distance between them to almost nothing. She has no idea if it was herself or the brown-haired hipster that she had loathed with every fibre of her soul 5 minutes ago.

Aggie feels as though she must do something or risk melting down with tense, twisted, seething emotion. So she does the only thing that seems right, or even possible, at the moment.

She leans in and whispers. "I... ... ... Penelope..." Their lips press against each other.

The meltdown is only starting.

:lol:
+++ATH0
starkruzr

Postby Ollie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:55 pm

It could never work, starkruzr. Penny doesn't ride the bus!

Ollie

Postby starkruzr » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Ollie wrote:It could never work, starkruzr. Penny doesn't ride the bus!

I was TOTALLY thinking of that when I wrote it!!! But then I said "I need SOMEPLACE for her to be, just standing around and waiting and feeling miserable," and I couldn't think of anyplace other than a bus stop.

Maybe her parents couldn't pick her up for some reason? Iunno.
+++ATH0
starkruzr

Postby daanton » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:51 pm

Maybe it could start out like that, but instead have Penny turn around and actually stab Aggie in the back for keeps...? I mean, literally, with her nailfile?
daanton

Postby Harrier » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Starkruzr I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Never use an arm when a hand will do.
Never use a hand when a finger will suffice.
Harrier

Postby Akilika » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:16 pm

But have we ever seen Penny cry?
Akilika

Postby leonardc » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:57 pm

daanton wrote:8) Any possibly from you out there that Aggie and Lisa might be faking their conversation for Penny's benefit and Penny's eventual further detriment?

Extremely unlikely to me - if that were so, I don't think they would be talking in terms that exactly describe something that Aggie is probably genuinely concerned about.
leonardc

Postby Papuasblya » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:05 am

Which is Sara's point EXACTLY.
Papuasblya wrote:As a public service to this forum (and anyone else who has ever met me) I gave up avoiding looking like an idiot a long time ago.
Papuasblya

Location: A little village up the coast, quite scenic in spring...

Postby iRobot » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:12 am

Papuasblya wrote:

Which is Sara's point EXACTLY.

Kyn, aka Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion
-----
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution."
-- Caractacus Pott, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
iRobot

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion