[3-18-11] I know that's unfair

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

[3-18-11] I know that's unfair

Postby FarkUp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Wow, you can really just read the emotions playing out over their faces.

Do you guys think they'll stay together after this? I think Daphne might be able to convince Sara.
FarkUp

Postby Adrishiana » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm not sure Daphne's statement is going to be very helpful - I know what she's getting at, but I think in Sara's shoes it could seem like Daphne's minimizing what Sara went through in Hollywood (and the friendship she made there).
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Valerie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:03 pm

I think this thread was made first, given its placement on the board. Just by a few seconds, though, apparently.

And yeah, it looks like this is backfiring on Sara.
Valerie

Postby TolKooAD » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Whoops, posting to the actual thread.

The tears look a little strange to me.

Daphne is the epitome of my last boyfriend, who I tried unsuccessfully to break up with five times before it stuck. He would beg and I would have too much love for him to see him distraught. It's very difficult, and I have no guesses as to how Sara takes this.
TolKooAD

Postby IlliadAndOddity » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Damn, beat me by a minute!

Anyways... Dammit, Sarah. If you don't tell her the truth about Lucy I will break through the fourth wall, pick you up by your ankles, and shake you until your hair falls out.
Procrastinators unite!
...Tomorrow.

IlliadAndOddity

Postby CBrachyrhynchos » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Ohhh, this is why I love T's writing so much. They're both right and both wrong. Maybe if they were 20-something and different people, this would be fixable. But they're not.
CBrachyrhynchos

Postby mindstalk » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:08 pm

TolKooAD wrote:Whoops, posting to the actual thread.

Daphne is the epitome of my last boyfriend, who I tried unsuccessfully to break up with five times before it stuck. He would beg and I would have too much love for him to see him distraught. It's very difficult, and I have no guesses as to how Sara takes this.

Hopefully you didn't give your bf confusing BS reasons like Sara is here.
mindstalk

Postby retrophrenologist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Dang, a triple-header! is this a first?

Andf now definitely isn't the time to say, "Oh, and by the way, I made out with this girl in LA, cos you mean that little to me." If Sara is intent on breaking up,, there's no point in dragging Lucy up.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 pm

I really REALLY don't see why Sara can't just "woman up" (to paraphrase Rich just a tad) and admit she's fallen for Lucy. C'mon girl, if you've gone this far with the decision to break it off, you owe it to Daph to be honest about it.

OTOH, I think Daph's being a bit... something not-helpful... with that "Hollywood wasn't your real life" business. No? Then whose "real life" was it, dear? :roll:
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Adrishiana » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 pm

mindstalk wrote:
TolKooAD wrote:Whoops, posting to the actual thread.

Hopefully you didn't give your bf confusing BS reasons like Sara is here.

I don't think this is necessarily a BS reason, though - it can be pretty rough if your friend and your significant other don't get along. (I have not been in this position myself, but I have been the friend who didn't like the significant other. It is a heckuva long story, though.) I think Sara has gotten a little sidetracked here, but she's not necessarily going to completely omit any further mention of Lucy.

retrophrenologist wrote:Dang, a triple-header! is this a first?

Andf now definitely isn't the time to say, "Oh, and by the way, I made out with this girl in LA, cos you mean that little to me." If Sara is intent on breaking up,, there's no point in dragging Lucy up.

There's also this: there is a line between "honesty" and "unnecessarily hurtful." That said, though, Sara would be wrong to try to pin this entirely on Daphne, although she seems to be starting to get at the idea that it's not just Daphne that's out of whack.
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby Kamino Neko » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Alice Macher wrote:I really REALLY don't see why Sara can't just "woman up" (to paraphrase Rich just a tad) and admit she's fallen for Lucy. C'mon girl, if you've gone this far with the decision to break it off, you owe it to Daph to be honest about it.

I'm thinking she'll have to on Monday. Seems at this point the most likely other option is having the relationship limp along with Daphne thinking either that everything's alright, or can be fixed. (Been there, done that. As Daph.)
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby mindstalk » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 pm

If an SO asked me to drop a close friend, I'd drop the SO. But Daphne hasn't asked, and has been trying, as Sara acknowledges... but is going to dump her anyway. That's not going to make sense to Daphne.
mindstalk

Postby Mec » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 pm

At last, Sara mentions Lucy.

It's not fair for Sara to break up with Daphne for reasons that she's never told Daphne before. Sara's never given Saraphne a chance to work on that. She's been saving a "Get Out of Relationship Free" card.

On the other hand, it will turn bad if Daphne plays the "you haven't followed procedure, you're still my girlfriend" card.

BTW all of us missed the obvious advantage of breaking up in a mall:

http://pennyandaggie.com/index.php?p=920
Hot Mannequin Rebound Action!

And Daphne, if you need more consolation, we're here for you:
http://www.faans.com/books1-6/index.php?p=53
"The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons be all my sins remembered."
Mec

Postby FarkUp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

@Adrishiana, it's a completely legit reason. One of my old ex's was (is) hated by pretty much everyone (90%+ of people we mutually know) who I consider friends. It was very straining, because I was always having to choose between spending time with my partner who I've known about half my life and have recently begun dating or spending time with all my other dear friends.
This is kinda a different scenario, though, in that Daphne is trying her damndest to be friends with (well, cordial to) Penny in order to stay with Sara.

@Alice Macher, I disagree with your 'womanning up' about the Lucy thing. I think Sara's doing the right thing for this scenario by not telling Daphne about Lucy. She's not trying to hurt her, she just wants to see if they can work through their problems - namely how Sara is having a damn hard time trusting someone she once saw do something bad, as opposed to Lucy who was merely annoying at worst, never bad (Has Lucy become less of a person and more of an ideal to Sara? I think so)
OTOH? I'm unfamiliar with that term, but I do see where Daphne's coming from with this. While I also balked at first while reading it, it's really easy to understand why, in order for this relationship to work, Daphne must make Hollywood become unreal - so the Sara she had before would be the original reality. I phrased that terribly, so I'm going to try again here: The "Hollywood wasn't your real life" statement has to be true - at least for Daphne. If it's not true, then... well, it simply has to be. Just is.
FarkUp

Postby retrophrenologist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Alice Macher wrote:I really REALLY don't see why Sara can't just "woman up" (to paraphrase Rich just a tad) and admit she's fallen for Lucy. C'mon girl, if you've gone this far with the decision to break it off, you owe it to Daph to be honest about it.

But we don't know whether Sara really has 'fallen' for Lucy- she may think she has, but a few weeks in the insane No Exit pressure cooker, and some online chatting is a pretty poor basis for a relationship. Attempting to make it work with Lucy in real life could well end up with sara regretting dumping Daphne...
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Next

Return to General Discussion