On Shortpacked

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: On Shortpacked

Postby Freemage » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Heh. That's some very potent insight. Also, last I counted (a few years ago), there were, like, three forums out there for DD. One was the loyalists who would hear no evil spoken of him, EVER, one consisting of KS refugees who had been booted out of the All Hail Mookie club, and one consisting of people who decided that the guy who set up the second one was too much of a jerk to be tolerated and left to start their own. I don't think they were even discussing DD much after awhile, really.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby oddtail » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 am

Freemage wrote:Heh. That's some very potent insight. Also, last I counted (a few years ago), there were, like, three forums out there for DD. One was the loyalists who would hear no evil spoken of him, EVER, one consisting of KS refugees who had been booted out of the All Hail Mookie club, and one consisting of people who decided that the guy who set up the second one was too much of a jerk to be tolerated and left to start their own. I don't think they were even discussing DD much after awhile, really.

THREE forums for one webcomic? That's just... I try to never sound disrespectful of fans of, well, anything, but that's kinda beyond excessive. Incidentally, which of those forums is the closest to "official"? The first one?
oddtail

Postby showler » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 am

On topic: I think Robin's been drawn into a competition that no-one is going to win today.
showler

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:05 pm

showler wrote:On topic: I think Robin's been drawn into a competition that no-one is going to win today.

None of the characters, quite possibly. The readers, on the other hand....
Bo Lindbergh

Postby Mr. Brightside » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:07 pm

...well, shit.

Part of me still kind of hopes this brings them back together, though... unhealthy as that seems... especially since their relationship wasn't all that healthy in the first place... but really, I guess that fundamental dysfunction is why I'm still holding on hope. Although "hope" is a funny thing to call it in that context, there's no truly functional relationship, and if one were ever to root for those two, I see no reason to stop.

(And frankly, if I took "behavioral wellness" recommendations at all seriously, I'd be living a much different and much sadder life than I am.)
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Postby TCampbell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:44 am

Before the shit went down last December, they seemed to be swimming toward a healthy relationship, albeit upstream at times. Just because Robin was holding back some unfortunate emotional issues doesn't mean all of that was a lie. And Les's tendency to idealize Robin didn't get in the way of her confronting issues with the relationship nearly as much as you might expect.

Today's a game changer. I have no idea what's coming next. There are at least ten different directions it could go.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion