[12/19] 20never or Green Lisa

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Postby maritza » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Can we make the people in the fridge real please? :D
maritza

Postby adamiani » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:05 pm

TCampbell wrote:Okay, honestly? I'm sorry I said anything about the Assange case above.

Let's drop it, please.

Suggest alternate people for Aggie to not-date, so we can get upset about them, instead!
adamiani

Postby Richter » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Assange may not have been the best guy to portray a naive would-be activist, to be honest, in-character as this no doubt would be.

One final comment:
Have you even BOTHERED to read his side of the story?

Yes, I have. I just don't believe that.
This Space For Rent

www.feedy-time.com
Richter

Postby CBrachyrhynchos » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:10 pm

adamiani wrote:I think she would be a hilariously bad choice for the GLC by the standards of the Guardians.

Isn't one of the reoccurring themes of GL that the Guardians are prats who end up creating their own worst problems by denying human/alien nature?
CBrachyrhynchos

Postby Swayambhu » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:40 pm

wat
Swayambhu

Postby brasca » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:46 pm

Mr. Brightside wrote:...if it had been Samantha around instead of Brandi, Xena probably wouldn't have woken up.

Now I get it. At first I didn't know it was a Scientology pin and once I did it didn't seem all that far fetched considering how simple minded she and Xena are, but you just reminded me of their racist founder's views. It would be as plausibe as Sam wearing an SS uniform, but that would be too on the nose as well as evoke a mountain of Godwin posts.
brasca

Postby Kamino Neko » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:04 pm

CBrachyrhynchos wrote:Isn't one of the reoccurring themes of GL that the Guardians are prats who end up creating their own worst problems by denying human/alien nature?

Yes. (And, no, this didn't start with Johns. It goes back at least as far as the Hard Travelling Heroes arc.)

And Lisa's kind of flighty, so not a great choice as a GL, but compared to a lot of the canon Lanterns, she's brilliant - unlike everyone ever to be given the 'greatest GL' appellation except for Sodam Yat, she's not going to turn into a murderous tyrant, for instance.
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby adamiani » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 pm

CBrachyrhynchos wrote:
adamiani wrote:I think she would be a hilariously bad choice for the GLC by the standards of the Guardians.

Isn't one of the reoccurring themes of GL that the Guardians are prats who end up creating their own worst problems by denying human/alien nature?

I said she'd be a hilariously bad choice, not that it would be out of character.
adamiani

Postby retrophrenologist » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Kamino Neko wrote:And Lisa's kind of flighty, so not a great choice as a GL, but compared to a lot of the canon Lanterns, she's brilliant - unlike everyone ever to be given the 'greatest GL' appellation except for Sodam Yat, she's not going to turn into a murderous tyrant, for instance.

If Alan Moore had never written those Green Lantern stories back in the 80s, Geoff Johns would probably be selling insurance right now. :)
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Dezmonster » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:11 pm

I just joined this forum five seconds ago to say this:

Penny + Archie = hawt.

That is all.
"Congratulations, Universe. You win." - Jim Halpert, "The Office"
Dezmonster

Postby rebochan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:14 pm

TCampbell wrote:Okay, honestly? I'm sorry I said anything about the Assange case above.

Let's drop it, please.

If it helps any, I laughed my butt off at the Assange panel and thought of it as a harmless jab at Aggie's extreme activist qualities mixed with a currently prominent public figure.
rebochan

Postby sentora » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:59 am

adamiani wrote:
Alice Macher wrote:
adamiani wrote:Eh.
I was thinking:
"Whatev, you know? Screw labels."

Wise words, to be sure, but them's a personal statement on sexual orientation, not a suitable crime-fighting motto. "So, Lisa, you're saying that it's wrong to label some actions 'good' and some 'evil?' Relativist!"

Yes.

I think she would be a hilariously bad choice for the GLC by the standards of the Guardians.

Trust me, nothing could top the fail that was G'nort. Besides, I'd pay to see Lisa and Guy Gardener having to deal with each other.
Promise tomorrow to endure today.
sentora

Postby DaraX » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:52 am

Since my internet connection is slow and it takes time for pics to load, I see the top before the lower part loads. My first thought on the 4th panel was that Marshall and Charisma had ended up in an orgy or something. XD Before you get down to the freezer part, the cold fog and frost on their faces looks like something else entirely.
DaraX

Previous

Return to General Discussion