[12/19] 20never or Green Lisa

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby SomeCanadianWeirdo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Lisa's looking at a Green Lantern ring.
SomeCanadianWeirdo

Postby retrophrenologist » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Shadrach wrote:
sentora wrote:And look, Marshal and Charisma flavored Popsicles for dessert.

I'd like to think that mother and son at last made peace with each other in their final, horrible moments.

Alternate hypothesis: as Marshall choked Charisma to death, she used the last of her strength to drag him into the freezer and slam the lid. Nick just wanted some frozen yoghurt. "Man, I knew meeting her again would be awkward, but...":)
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby sentora » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Shadrach wrote:
sentora wrote:I guess Xena converted Samantha somehow.

It seems to have made her more serene, at any rate.

And look, Marshal and Charisma flavored Popsicles for dessert.

I'd like to think that mother and son at last made peace with each other in their final, horrible moments.

Having your brain sucked out will do that.

And that peace will last until Aggie's dad reenacts Re-Animator or worse, Frankenhooker.
Promise tomorrow to endure today.
sentora

Postby dianekikiula » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:50 pm

Freemage wrote:
brasca wrote:This will never happen, but I'd say Freemage still go his Christmas wish fulfilled. :lol:

I can't begin to say how tickled I am by that fourth panel.

Congratulations on getting your own personal fan-service. :D
Evil Ben wrote:Diane, <snip> You rock, you librarian, you :D
Alice Macher wrote:...I love you. ♥
Freemage wrote:Best. Euphemism. Ever.
dianekikiula

Postby Mr. Brightside » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 am

...if it had been Samantha around instead of Brandi, Xena probably wouldn't have woken up.
Mr. Brightside

Postby JackFairy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:16 am

Hmm, I'd think the rape allegations would put Aggie off a bit... I admire what Assange's doing professionally, but he is... not a man I would be daydreaming of romantically.
JackFairy

Postby Evil Ben » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:23 am

SueDeNym wrote:I'd love to see Lisa as a Green Lantern, but the outfit would clash horribly with her hair...! :shock:

Not during the holidays :-)
Besides, she can always wear a wig.

Mistress Dizzy wrote:Maybe if Lisa went Green Lantern, she'd dye her hair green and black to match? Also, freezer head Nick is scary.

Methinks it be more a metaphor, perchance. Perhaps Nick's relationship, which we all thought dead and buried (heh, in the freezer) may surface again.
But, having a zombie/golem relationsihp with an ex is more something to see around Halloween, I think.
"It does what it's told." ~Peggy Dodson
Evil Ben

Postby Taliesan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:33 am

I agree, Lisa as a Green Lantern is beyond awesome.

Trivia Time: Traditionally, Green Lanterns created their own oaths to recite when recharging the ring; everyone just started copying Hal's because he was the shiznit back then. So, Alice, care to tell us what Lisa's GL oath would be? :)
Taliesan

Postby Snarfle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:50 am

Oh God the Farmville parody at the bottom just about killed me.
Snarfle

Postby Kamino Neko » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:01 am

Is it entirely wrong that I rather wish this was actually the preview?
Can you hear me boy? Your devil is here!

Valerie wrote:You're in my harem, right? :oops:
Kamino Neko

Postby Alice Macher » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:07 am

Taliesan wrote:So, Alice, care to tell us what Lisa's GL oath would be? :)

"At iPod launch, Hot Topic sale,
No evil from me shall be veiled.
Hey evil-doers, full of fail,
Green Lantern'll see your butt in jail.
SRSLY."
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Richter » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 am

Remember, Aggie: It's not rape if he shouts "surprise!" first!
This Space For Rent

www.feedy-time.com
Richter

Postby Fruitbat44 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 am

Hmmm . . . yeah, I'm pretty glad that these ideas are in the never category.

Of course Aggie's probably a CIA mole trying to infiltrate Wikileaks, and Nick's just adding to his already extensive collection and Penny . . . well actually I could see that one working. :twisted:
Fruitbat44

Postby someone » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 am

JackFairy wrote:Hmm, I'd think the rape allegations would put Aggie off a bit... I admire what Assange's doing professionally, but he is... not a man I would be daydreaming of romantically.

Have you read the case in detail? Calling it rape is ridiculous, and insulting for the victims of real rape. They're just attempting to demonize the man so as to discredit the site. Not that it'll work.
someone

Postby JackFairy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:38 am

someone wrote:
JackFairy wrote:Hmm, I'd think the rape allegations would put Aggie off a bit... I admire what Assange's doing professionally, but he is... not a man I would be daydreaming of romantically.

Have you read the case in detail? Calling it rape is ridiculous, and insulting for the victims of real rape. They're just attempting to demonize the man so as to discredit the site. Not that it'll work.

Um, yes, I have, and I'm sorry: having sex with someone while they are asleep (and unable to consent) is "real rape." And according to the allegations, he initiated said sex while the woman was asleep because he didn't want to use a condom and she'd have said "no" to that if she had been awake. So if the allegations are true, he a) knew she would not give consent to the type of sex act he wanted b) deliberately had sex with her when she was guaranteed to be unable to give consent. That is rape. So is holding someone down and having sex with them without a condom when that person a) is not so much consenting as not saying "no," b) is only consenting at all if a condom is used.

It is entirely possible that the case is being actually followed up because authorities are trying to discredit the site, and that the allegations are also true. Here, have an article about how the accusations of women reporting rape are often treated by police: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/arti ... police-say

Now, imagine the person the woman in the article was accusing of rape turned out to be wanted by the gov't for some other unrelated offense, but they had nothing solid to charge him with. They could go back to these allegations and charge him with rape and even though they would be doing it just to "catch" him, he should still have been charged with rape. The failure would have been in the original dismissal of the case.
JackFairy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion