12-Jan-07: Aura of Invisibility

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby Ollie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:32 am

Sumesse wrote:
sopdet wrote:Frankly, to me, what makes Charlotte a danger is not her religion, but her actions which appear to be extremely un-Christian, and potentially illegal. I've never met anyone -- from any religion, race, nationality, etc. -- who would create a false bomb threat to frame someone whose outlook on life annoyed them. Charlotte has some much deeper issues at work here, and although we only really know that she practices some form of Christianity, it's unfair to assume that is the sole source of her anger.

It's just because Charlotte was raised Christian. If she had been raised Muslim, she would be planting bomb threats in the name of Allah.

And then the Muslim community would be up in arms over another credible and wildly popular news source making them look bad, and T could potentially be out of a job.
Ollie

Re: hehehhe...

Postby IS_Wolf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:26 pm

daanton wrote:Just wondering... do "auras of invisibility" ever last long? :?
I think Helen's won't... maybe not now, maybe sometime down the line.

Depends on your own actions.
Break out of your niche, become more than you were, and the cloaking device is no longer functional.
Don't and it stays active indefinitely.

Least that's my experience anyway.
IS_Wolf

Postby daanton » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:32 pm

IS_Wolf wrote:

Break out of your niche, become more than you were, and the cloaking device is no longer functional.

Well, so far, Helen's only listening in (note the oversized ears)...
daanton

Postby IS_Wolf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:03 pm

daanton wrote:
IS_Wolf wrote:

Meant that in the sense of personal growth.
If, Helen ever becomes her own person, irrespective of cliques etc.
Then she'll lose the cloak. Otherwise, it'll remain there, possibly till the day she dies.
(The latter usually leads to scenario's, where the bodies aren't discovered until months have passed, since their actual dying and no one having noticed that they weren't around for a long time.)
IS_Wolf

Postby daanton » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:21 pm

IS_Wolf wrote:
daanton wrote:
IS_Wolf wrote:

Meant that in the sense of personal growth.
If, Helen ever becomes her own person, irrespective of cliques etc.
Then she'll lose the cloak. Otherwise, it'll remain there, possibly till the day she dies.
(The latter usually leads to scenario's, where the bodies aren't discovered until months have passed, since their actual dying and no one having noticed that they weren't around for a long time.)

Believe it or not, I meant that, too. I just wanted to know if you were going to say it similarly...
daanton

Postby iRobot » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:59 pm

IS_Wolf wrote:(The latter usually leads to scenario's, where the bodies aren't discovered until months have passed, since their actual dying and no one having noticed that they weren't around for a long time.)

That happen in the apartment building that a bunch of my old college friends were living at. Almost a month had past before one of the downstairs tennents (Dale, an old, reclusive alcoholic) was found dead by a family member. The rest of us planted a tree on the apartment grounds in his honour.
Kyn, aka Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion
-----
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution."
-- Caractacus Pott, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
iRobot

Postby meska369 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:42 pm

on the subject of Clicks, Omega's, Alpha's, and small town school life

I am a 31 year old Woman who is enjoying this comic and am glad the question of social outcasts has been treated as good as it has been. Hope it opens eyes to the inner termoils of those who are the Whipping Boys and Girls.

A "Whipping Boy" was a post created in ancient times when Rulers children needed to be punnished. the "whippee" was a child the same age as the future ruler that would recieve ANY and ALL punishment that would have come to the Prince or Princess for various misbehaviors. It was punnishible by death to strike or harm the Royal children (especialy the first born male , then his brothers, then the girls.. in that order of importance). So, the whipping Boy was created to take all abuse.

In schools today, there are "whipping Children". The bullies take out thier rage or insecurities on them. The others don't want to be associated with them in part because of possible bullie agression , and in part because they think those kids "weak" for getting beat on or taunted. the Popular kids shun them and do their best to put them down for even "being near" them. Lots of times they are beaten, tricked, objects of practical jokes, robbed, threatened, taunted to the point of tears or violence only to be beaten down because of it, hit whenever a teacher is not looking, books across the back of the head, made to sit at a table alone even kids moving away when they try to sit down, things thrown at them, pushed in the mud, forced to drink or eat HORRIBLE thinks and possibly raped or worse. Some kids are ultimately killed as being the focus of others anger and loathing.

I should know... I was one once myself. I was almost always sporting bruises.

I do not remember a single day in school (untill 8th grade. I got TALL and strong and would protect the younger ones) that I was not abused.

I WAS RAPPED in 7th grade by two guys who had "befriended" me and gave me a little attention in the form of so called friendship and lunch partners. I even tutored them the whole month prior in Science, Math and History cause I was best student in my school. They came over one day after inviting me to go hiking to show me a place of beauty in the elders 100 acer farm. We dressed warm, I brought my art supplies, they brought a packed lunch. After it was over and I was in a fetal possition crying, they just laught and made fun of me before beating me up AGAIN.

I got dressed after they left, with threats of killing me if I talked, and collected my arts supplies before walking home dry eyed and simi-comatos. I used my mother's duesh to clean myself inside before taking a long shower where I used up 3 bars of soap and all the shampoo in the bathroomthen went outside and burried the bloody undergarments. My parents were away in town (40 miles away) so I had pleanty of time to orcastrate a "fall" from my horse with muddy saddle and everything. They put me to bed with a warm dinner, asrine, ibuprofrine and ice packs.

For a whole month the rumurs of my being a WHORE and how I lured the guys out to the woods to have "relations" with them escalated with each passing day. I never said a word to counter the taunting even when I burst into tears at the names and things they called me or the nasty notes slipped into my locker or backpack or books. I explained away the bruiss as a Fall from my horse and everyone bought it but one girl in a grade lower then I. I can still remember her stopping me on the way to lunch and just looking into my haunted eyes that mirrored her own. We spent the entire lunch period sobbing inside the girls locker room that no one used. No words needed to be said. It was just KNOWN what the other had happened to them. (she's still my best friend to this day)

I waited till the rumors turned to other things then me before I took my revenge. 4 months of waiting paid off one day as the boys and I walked to the bus that we had to share to go home. I suggested that they walk me home cause I was scared that the daylight had been getting less and less as the year wore on. They agreed to accompany me instead of shouting insults and leaving me in the dust. While we walked I asked them about the little outing we had shared a few months back. Lears and offers of a redo were offered but no remorse or guilt was in them.

There was a secluded bit of trees and there I suggested we go to have another go at it. (ie, sex) The look of horror when I pulled my grandfathers war 45 and shot at the ground was nice but thier fear was MUCH nicer. ( the country has hunters and gunshots are pretty much ignored as it carrying guns sometimes.) I will not go into the stupid crap I made them do (no, I DID NOT have them do sexual stuff), but I will tell you the pictures I made them take of it all were WELL worth it. In the end, they were forced to go home naked and without thier books. I never touched them to hurt them but they were in fear of me from then on. I had the incriminating photos, the written confessions and oweths to NEVER come near me or another girl at the school if they wanted to life so much as be turned in for the rape.

I'm not exactly proud of what I did that day. I could have killed one or both of them, b elieve me.. I was quite ready to do just that the rage inside me was so great. It was wrong and I know it, but she and I lost the look of hollowness and confidance replaced our previous fear.

It really did change my life. The next week a boy was bulleing me and pushed me before laughing at the "whore". Seconds later, holding his bloody nose as a enraged girl sat atop him on the ground and pummled him was QUITE a surprise to all. I got paddled, suspended and had to be secluded from classes for a whole month. It was SOOOOOOOO wonderfull to not have to be with my grade and when I returned to classes... NO ONE ever threatened or tried to hurt me again after that. Well, that and a recess speak about how the beating I gave the idiot would be give to anyone who tried to harm me or any others in my presence. Suddently I became a "hero" to others and freinds came forth over time that no longer feared the others.

Now this is by NO MEANS a advication of violence or what I did. Violence is never the answer and I think no one should follow my example. My story is only to let those know what my life was like as an outcast before I finnaly stood up.

there are so many layers. levels, and depths to which social outcasing can go. Mine was horrible, but others are only lightly touched by the best of it.

Learn from my past and treat others with more respect then you think they might deserve no matter thier state in life. You might just save a person from becoming like I was or Like some of the School shooting kids.

I wish you all peace and happiness

(Oh, I later forgave them entirely and had a bonfire with them as we burned the pics and letters. Tears and remorse all around and healing thereafter. We still get together every now and then to talk about our lives and how we are doing. They are counted amung my friends.)

Penni
Hope IS.
Revenge is a dish best served COLD.
meska369

Previous

Return to General Discussion